Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I think I've sent maybe two tweets in my life. Somehow I ended up connected to Landry's mom, Melanie Shamet. My tweet to her (before Landry had played a single game), was that her son would be a "special player". She thanked me, but I think she already knew that.

Some pre-season AA buzz next year? For sure.

Some post-season AA buzz this year? Could happen. The entire basketball world got to watch him against two guys who are considered the protoype of an AA-type player. He compared quite favorably with them.

Small sample size, but quite favorably:

Player Fox, De'Aaron Monk, Malik Briscoe, Isaiah SHAMET, Landry
    GS * * * *
    FGM-FGA 5-13 3-10 2-3 7-14
    3FGM-3FGA 0-1 2'5 1-2 2-7
    FTM-FTA 4-6 6-6 0-0 4-5
    OFF-DEF 0-2 0-2 0-4 1-1
    TOT 2 2 4 2
    PF 3 1 1 4
    TP 14 14 5 20
    A 1 4 2 2
    TO 2 1 3 0
    BLK 0 2 0 0
    STL 2 0 0 1
    MIN 31 29 27 34
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Say what you want, and sample size was small...

but the best freshman on the court yesterday was wearing black.
      i agree with you but Landry doesn't have his head in the clouds and unless the projection is that he is for sure a lottery pick, I say he doesn't go to the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        i agree with you but Landry doesn't have his head in the clouds and unless the projection is that he is for sure a lottery pick, I say he doesn't go to the NBA.
        I don't see anything to say that he couldn't be a lottery pick next year.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          While I don't know her personally, I get the sense that his mom would really want him to get his degree. He listens to his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
            I love Everything about Landry and his game, but let's not go overboard on the lottery pick plank.

Comment

Landry is one of the few on the team that isn't afraid to drive and attempt to dunk on people. I can't wait until he's strong enough to actually do it.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                Landry is one of the few on the team that isn't afraid to drive and attempt to dunk on people. I can't wait until he's strong enough to actually do it.
                Let's see, April through October...seven months.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I find myself taking our players' excellence for granted and then being impressed with a Scoochie Smith or DeAaron Fox. I see our players all the time making opponents look like high schoolers, so when a player plays at our level I think they are amazing. So, let me take the time to say that Shaq, Landry and Zach were tremendous this weekend. I wouldn't trade them for a player on any team we have played. I will try to appreciate our excellence as it occurs next year.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                    He's not physically developed yet is the one that is easy to recognize. When he becomes that player we will all take notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      I'd take Shamet over Monk in a heartbeat. Monk thinks he will be lottery this year.
                      I'd take Shamet every day but Monk is a top 5 pick. Didn't play like that against us, but hell nobody really does

Comment

You don't have to be a lottery pick to make a lot of bucks. First round money is just hard to turn down.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          I love Everything about Landry and his game, but let's not go overboard on the lottery pick plank.
                          I didn't say he would be. I'm saying he has the tools to potentially put himself into position in his career, perhaps as early as next year.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Chad Ford has Landry up to 53 in his Top 100 draft prospects (was previously unranked).

ESPN Insider content
                            After one weekend of the NCAA tournament, Chad Ford shares the latest intel on all the 2017 draft prospects who helped and hurt their stock with NBA teams.

Landry Shamet, PG, Fr., Wichita State

Shamet made a strong impression on NBA scouts with a big game against De'Aaron Fox and Kentucky on Sunday. Shamet has really excelled since being moved to the point for the Shockers. He has great size for his position, plays quick off the bounce and is shooting 45 percent from 3 for the season. He projects even better when you dig deeper into the analytics.

Scouts feel it's unlikely that he declares this year and haven't been as focused on him as a draft prospect. But several of them admitted he's a very intriguing point guard prospect and could be a potential first-rounder in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              I'd take Shamet over Monk in a heartbeat. Monk thinks he will be lottery this year.
                              I would too. At the point. All day. Every day.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                                True, but he's older and I am hoping they both stay for four years!
                                Landry's about 6 months older than Markis. Not a lot of difference there. Landry just turned 20. Markis will be 20 in September.

Comment

Working...
                                X