• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/list...mmf3o/slide/10

I just want to know in what world Landry is "athletically limited"
    So is Ray Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      He is skinny and relatively weak at almost 6'5" and 188. To be a lottery pick, he needs to be in the 205 (at a minimum) and ideally at 210-215.
      Monk and Fox are pretty skinny too.

Comment

Footspeed, ability to drive, strength are things that I imagine NBA scouts would see as "limitations". We certainly don't run as much PNR action with Landry at the point than we did last year with Fred, and the PNR (or some variation of it) is the basis for most NBA offenses. Not saying he doesn't have those qualities, but he hasn't put them on display a ton this year.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          Footspeed, ability to drive, strength are things that I imagine NBA scouts would see as "limitations". We certainly don't run as much PNR action with Landry at the point than we did last year with Fred, and the PNR (or some variation of it) is the basis for most NBA offenses. Not saying he doesn't have those qualities, but he hasn't put them on display a ton this year.
          I think we will see Landry drive a lot more next year. We started to see it more at the end of this year and I think that will only continue.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            Monk and Fox are pretty skinny too.
            Did you see Fox' dunk over Landry. I'll give you Monk but Fox is explosive.

Comment

That play never happens if Landry doesn't have 4 fouls...

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                Correct, Landry 100% pulled away and let him drive. Give Landry a free run at the hoop and it would be very pretty also

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                  Whatever you want to call it, I've never seen Landry dunk one like that and I've seen him dunk some.

Comment

He's also 6'7". Landry did that a few times this year too. Got fouled even.

Comment

Whatever you want to call it, I've never seen Landry dunk one like that and I've seen him dunk some.
                      Guess you missed landrys huge contest of monk at the rim on a fast break in the first half, they didn't run much after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Correct, Landry 100% pulled away and let him drive. Give Landry a free run at the hoop and it would be very pretty also

Also, did anyone notice Shaq on that play. For some reason he had his back to the ball a d looked like he was jawing at the ref. I love you Shaq, but c'mon man!

Comment

I saw Daishon Smith thrown one down against OSU, they all can do it, just a matter of the right opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by bighouse View Post
                            Guess you missed landrys huge contest of monk at the rim on a fast break in the first half, they didn't run much after that.
                            Apparently he did.

I give Fox credit for doing what should be done against a zone: penetrate. Well done. I think that was one of WSU's biggest mistakes, going to that zone when they did. Were we in foul trouble? Shaq completely had his back turned in the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              I saw Daishon Smith thrown one down against OSU, they all can do it, just a matter of the right opportunity.
                              There you go. Bingo. And Smith aint gonna be in anyone's lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                                Also, did anyone notice Shaq on that play. For some reason he had his back to the ball a d looked like he was jawing at the ref. I love you Shaq, but c'mon man!
                                Yup, I saw that too .. Not the right time for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X