No announcement yet.

Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shamet's ability to drive to the basket against two very tough defenses in the tournament was most impressive and shows just how much he matured from the start of this season.

Comment

Landry needs to pack on some muscle and work on the FVV hesitation move that he showed against Dayton. Get those 2 things and he's a 1st rounder.

Comment

Just, thinking...

If he's at 53 now, guessing after 2 more years under Marshall, he is gonna be a helluva PG. Odds of him staying 4 years are less than 50/50.

Maybe if he wants 3 NCs he might! :)
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Landry is crazy good! Shaq, Conner, and Markis are game changers! Zach is lock down and Rashard is all energy. We are REALLY close to...dare I say...1990 UNLV Runnin Rebels good! (Nobody's 1991 good).
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            Landry is crazy good! Shaq, Conner, and Markis are game changers! Zach is lock down and Rashard is all energy. We are REALLY close to...dare I say...1990 UNLV Runnin Rebels good! (Nobody's 1991 good).
            The audacity. I'm disgusted.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Lotsa length on D for us. Remember Stacey Augmon? Who could forget the "Amoeba D!"

Comment

Landry looked great against Kentucky. Hope they all get back to work and don't get to cocky over the predictions for next year.

Comment

Meant to post this a couple days ago...

I did some research to find out that Landry Shamet is Latin for "large stones."
                  78-65

Comment

Landry had a better freshman year than Fred, who was playing behind Armstead. Like Fred, Landry will have the benefit of playing for a VERY good team his soph year and should be in the national spotlight all season. Unlike Fred, Landry has the height/ahtletism that the NBA covets and he will be very high on the radar. I never really expected we'd have a guy leave this early for the NBA, but I can see it happening with Landry.

Comment

UP: Landry Shamet, 6-4, 180-pound PG, Wichita State

Vs. Dayton: 13 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists Vs. Kentucky: 20 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists on 7-14 FG
                      Shamet helped himself by playing well in Indianapolis this weekend against group of tough, athletic guards from both Dayton and Kentucky.
                      First, he was matched up against Scoochie Smith and Kyle Davis from Dayton, both of whom are physical, tough defenders who can make life miserable. Then, he was forced to match up against De’Aaron Fox and Malik Monk against Kentucky. Shamet played exceedingly well, especially in the Kentucky game, mostly helping Wichita State to dictate tempo against the Wildcats.

For a player whose athletic limitations will be the main point of contention about his draft stock over the next couple of years, Shamet held up exceedingly well against elite players both in terms of quickness and physicality. He was probably the best player in the Missouri Valley this season despite not winning the POY award. A freshman, Shamet will be a 2018 or 2019 NBA Draft prospect. But it’s worth pointing out his impressive play as something to watch for on a Wichita State team that should be in the preseason top-10 next season.
                      I just want to know in what world Landry is "athletically limited"

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/list...mmf3o/slide/10

My favorite part of that article:

"He was probably the best player in the Missouri Valley this season despite not winning the POY award."

Ahem...
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

He is skinny and relatively weak at almost 6'5" and 188. To be a lottery pick, he needs to be in the 205 (at a minimum) and ideally at 210-215.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                            Landry looked great against Kentucky. Hope they all get back to work and don't get to cocky over the predictions for next year.
                            With coach Marshall at the helm... not a chance!
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shhh! Do not whisper a word of that question. Let people think that.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                Shhh! Do not whisper a word of that question. Let people think that.
                                I'm in the boat that I want him to leave early. 2019 early, not 2018, but still early. Would allow a year to get all the newbies coming in to replace the seniors to get a feel, allow him to get his degree and allow us to have someone jump to the NBA early. That's a big deal for recruiting especially because that means he's most likely a first round pick. Could have 2 that year if McDuffie continues to improve.

Comment

Working...
                                X