No announcement yet.

Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We knew this was coming, though. He already had the comments about loving to go into arena where he knows everybody hates him. He's a perfect fit, attitude-wise, for our program.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      To be lottery ready, he needs to gain weight and strength to finish more often around the rim. He could have made a lot of 3 point layups with some strength. He'll be here for two more years in my opinion. But he is a natural point guard with some of Fred's personality traits (patience, and leadership, etc.) and his 6'4.5" height and reach. Fred may be a little more fiery and competitive.
      More Fiery, yes; more competitive no.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Kids a stud! Just maybe needs a new hairdo. Lol
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Shamet grew up yesterday and he introduced himself to the world.

If he doesn't get some AA buzz in preseason, he will by next March.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
            As much as I hate the idea of Landry leaving early, I can't help but think how much that would help recruiting. Guys will see him going as a lottery pick and realize that coming to Wichita State doesn't necessarily mean you have to stay 4 years and doesn't mean you can't become a lottery pick.
            I could see him going after his junior year. He would have had 4 years at WSU and could possibly have his degree by then.

Comment

I'd take Shamet over Monk in a heartbeat. Monk thinks he will be lottery this year.

Comment

I doubt he goes early than his junior season unless he is a lottery pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  I'd take Shamet over Monk in a heartbeat. Monk thinks he will be lottery this year.
                  I love Landry as much as the next guy, but that's an insanely bold statement.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    I love Landry as much as the next guy, but that's an insanely bold statement.
                    Say what you want, and sample size was small...

but the best freshman on the court yesterday was wearing black.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                      Hot take: HCGM is maybe the best developer of guards in the history of college basketball. Name another guy that more consistently produced guards that could compete at such a high level nationally. If you can do that (which would be hard in and of itself), see how many of those coaches did it with the same level of recruit that HCGM has used.
                      Greg Heiar, the guy who develops guards on Marshall's staff. At least that's the way I've read some of the interviews with WSU's guards.
                      Last edited by Aargh; March 20, 2017, 03:34 PM.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        I have a friend and co-worker who is very knowledgeable and watches a lot of NCAA and NBA basketball. He just remarked to me a few minutes ago that, based entirely on his skills, he wouldn't be surprised to see Shamet go after next year. I can't really disagree with him. As a 6'4" PG he has the size to be very attractive to NBA teams.
                        Umm...or you could say you have a friend on Shockernet that said more than a year ago that scouts were as interested or more in Shamet than Baker and FVV.

Just sayin....... :poster_shocks:

Comment

I think I've sent maybe two tweets in my life. Somehow I ended up connected to Landry's mom, Melanie Shamet. My tweet to her (before Landry had played a single game), was that her son would be a "special player". She thanked me, but I think she already knew that.

Some pre-season AA buzz next year? For sure.

Some post-season AA buzz this year? Could happen. The entire basketball world got to watch him against two guys who are considered the protoype of an AA-type player. He compared quite favorably with them.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

It's bold. Don't think it's wrong by any stretch. Just very bold.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I was impressed with Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                I was impressed with Fox.
                                I agree. I was more impressed with the demeanor and 'want-to' of this group of Kentucky players than several of the previous groups. They mostly seemed like ballers. Playing ball against other ballers. Great game.

Comment

Working...
                                X