WSU Versus Kentucky Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Dauster, NBC Sports:

2:40 p.m., CBS: No. 2 Kentucky (-4.5) vs. No. 10 Wichita State: The Gregg Marshall revenge tour rolls on. The Wichita State head coach has a point to prove to everyone, particularly the Selection Committee, that the Shockers are better than the people in change are willing to admit. They’re ranked No. 6 on KenPom, they’re 31-4 on the season and they’re playing a No. 2 seed in the second round of the tournament. That’s just dumb, but it’s not the only reason will be out for blood. When Marshall had a shot at going 40-0, he wound up in a region with Kentucky, the year that Kentucky was the preseason No. 1 team in the country and yucked their way to 10 losses and a No. 8 seed. Those Wildcats ended Wichita State’s perfect season. Don’t think he’s forgotten that.
    PREDICTION: Wichita State (+4.5)

Find all the latest college basketball news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Last edited by RoyalShock; March 19, 2017, 09:48 AM.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Must have been chilly in the interview room; middle dude sporting a hoody.

I'm sure that's another gang sign.
      Don't tempt me...

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• WOW!!!!!!!
        Marshalls Presser = A+
        Cal's Presser = A+

EPIC BATTLE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!
        EPIC!!!!!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• UK fans are great in person but I have never seen a group of imbeciles online quite like what I've seen on Kentucky message boards. Phog.net looks like a collection of Rhodes Scholars compared to the collection of dunces littered throughout BBN's online presence.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            UK fans are great in person but I have never seen a group of imbeciles online quite like what I've seen on Kentucky message boards. Phog.net looks like a collection of Rhodes Scholars compared to the collection of dunces littered throughout BBN's online presence.
            Exactly this... I guess it is just like a train wreck that is so bad you can't stop looking. For some reason, I find myself frequenting their forum this weekend. They are complaining about the things our players are saying in interviews, they complain about 3G, complain about the line being too low, mentioned somewhere that mid majors are dropping like flies, put down the city of Wichita, have compared us to the middle/bottom of the SEC, etc, etc, etc. That's a horribly construed sentence, but they have to be the most insufferable fans anywhere. And the few on there with any reason are swarmed by the masses instantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              That said, I think people overrate "bulletin board material".
              Yep.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• thought it was a little funny when Cal heard coach showed the 2014 game "like why would anyone do that" just goes to show the different approaches. Not crazy how the media constantly reminded Kentucky how we plan to do the "little things" etc as that usually one of our advantages

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                  Haslametrics:

Projections for tomorrow:

Michigan 72.47, Louisville 70.97
                  Wichita State 77.13, UK 73.84
                  Kansas 78.42, MSU 71.76
                  UNC 83.90, Arkansas 74.05
                  Has UK as a 3 point dog? Nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Wow. First Stallworth now Chuck. Two legends.
                    Not sure I'd call the host of the Gong Show a legend but ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Not sure I'd call the host of the Gong Show a legend but ok.
                      Hee hee.

Man, he was the reason I played guitar as a little kid. I must have played Johnny B Goode 1,000 times, trying to mimic that sound while learning my first chops on the guitar. What a talent.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Game day! Woke up thinking about it -- I will be a basket-case by 1:40.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Made the mistake of visiting the UK boards. Wow.

The whole narrative over there is that our players are "trash talking" the Almighty Cats. I've yet to see it. I guess every answer should be submissive to UK and their prowess. Their media over there is fantastic at getting their team ammunition for stuff that's getting twisted around. Pathetic. Pathetic media.

If they need little ol' WSU "trash talking" to get them motivated for an NCAA Tournament game, then UK may be softer and less tough than I originally thought.
                          Ya them guys make KU fans look like angels
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Worked all night but still fired up for this game. I'll take a nap, then wake up to watch the Shox do work on UK. We're going to play great today. :)

Comment

• Not as nervous today as I was Friday. As far as I am
                              concerned winning Friday has made this a successful
                              season and we are now playing on house money. The
                              only way I see us winning this game against their five
                              star studs is if they get frustrated against our defense.
                              Could happen but I am a realist..........UK 77-67.
                              Having said that I'll take a HUGE helping of crow, please!

Comment

• This is not your vintage Kentucky team. They are beatable, but it will take our very best game. I think that Gregg and the team have a point to make, and they will get it done.

WSU - 78
                                UK - 73
                                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X