WSU Versus Kentucky Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Kentucky Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Let's fall back to Sunday, March 23rd, 2014. The Shocks were 35-0 and set to play Kentucky at the Dance. Some still reference that game as one of the best NCAA Dance games ever. We were seeded number 1 in our bracket and was placed in maybe the most brutal bracket ever for a team seeded that high. Some wondered if the winner of this game might be the National Champions that year. Kentucky won that battle 78-76 when FVV's 25'- 3 pointer for the win was off to the right at the buzzer. Cle scored 31 and Baker scored 20 and one of the Harrison twins referred to Bake as a "bad, bad, boy." Neither team won the Ship that year but I still think The Wildcats might have if Willie Cauley Stein would have not had an injury after our game. Even so, it was said that almost 20,000 fans attended that game any many more watched the exciting game on the tube.

So now we spring forward to the here and now were the seedings are somewhat reversed as Kentucky is seeded #2 and WSU #10. in the South bracket. Here's my take on this rematch. Kentucky is now 30-5 and has been hot as of late. UCLA, Louisville, Tennessee, KU, and Florida defeated them but they have won around the last 12 games in a row. Their top scorers are Malik Monk, Fox, Adebayo, and Brisco. Kentucky is always tough and has improved as a team in the later part of this Season. Even so, they do not impress me as much as usual this Season. Northern Kentucky fought them hard and only lost 79-70.

Our beloved Shocks did sign Garrett Stutz many moons ago and the Wildcats have to deal with that. In the meanwhile, WSU is 31-4 and have quite a nice winning streak going for them. Who will lead us to another win this time? Nobody knows which makes us tough as nails. Yes, our defense and quality depth is better than advertised as we avenge the loss of 2014 with a 5 point surpass. Look for CF and Shamet to both hit 4 three-pointers as Shaq has his best game here ever.

MTXE/Play Angry/ Not Satisfied Shocks--79

Kentucky -------------------------------------74
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Game at 1:40 pm on CBS
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

1:40 Sunday on CBS. BRING IT!!!!
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

One of the two stand alone games..

Comment

We are certainly going to need more than 14 minutes from Shaq on Sunday.

Comment

Win or lose I'm glad we have the Marshall program above the Coach Cal program.
            The NCAA sucks. They haven't done anything about KU this season. Coach Cal has had many issues, + World Wide Wes. Thanks Coach Marshall for what we have.
            When I went to WSU we had Cohen & Thompson. There were more arrests per season than wins.
            Phi Alpha

Comment

Needed a gutty win and got it. Now, it's time to shine...
              Shox get to the sweet 16.

Comment

Kentucky fans are begging for a beat down. The beat down will be because UK played bad and have nothing to do with Wichita State. Wichita State is definitely not a top 10 team and maybe not a top 25 team.

Wichita State 92
                Kentucky 68

Comment

Shox will get it done.

72-67
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

man, i hope bill raftery isn't calling this game. 'hate to see a grown man cry.

Comment

KenPom has Kentucky by one at 51% probability
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        man, i hope blowhole raftery isn't calling this game. 'hate to see a grown man cry.

Same crew.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          Same crew.
                          sucks to be bill raftery.

Comment

Thank Northern Kentucky for keeping the game close. UK starters played a lot of minutes. If we can keep the game close like NK did, our depth may be an advantage. Another hard fought, nail biting game I guess. Hope we come out on top.
                            Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                              KenPom has Kentucky by one at 51% probability
                              Las Vegas may use that metric. I think they'll have UK -1.5
                              Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Working...
                              X