WSU Versus Kentucky Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
    Damn, I must be the only other "old dude" to get that reference. Made me smile though!
    Who could EVER forget the Unknown Comic. "Hey Chuckie, Chuckie, Chuckie"! Gene, Gene, the dancin' machine. They even had a Wichita State Day.
    Sorry for the derailment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      After opening at +2 and jumping almost immediately to +4.5, the late money is coming in on the Shockers' side as the line has crept back to +3.5.
      Down to +3 in a lot of places now.

Better get that Kentucky media up for a quick story about it and send it to the UK players so they can get all pissed and angry about it.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Cal will take us serious, I have to wonder if he's a little nervous that his freshman will do the same. It will be an interesting first ten minutes to see who has the "oh sh#t" look on their faces.

Comment

• This is going to be a step up from Dayton. Obviously. Take care of the ball, defend, rebound and hit a couple shots and let's see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
            This is not your vintage Kentucky team. They are beatable, but it will take our very best game. I think that Gregg and the team have a point to make, and they will get it done.

WSU - 78
            UK - 73
            They won't roll over and quit at the first hint of an aggressive block out like the Chickens did. Fortunately, neither will we. It could be another good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              Just hope Monk doesn't find his stroke from deep and that refs don't call ticky tack crap everytime they drive. Play our game and we have a shot. Miss a bunch of shots and let them get transition baskets then we could lose big.

Best way to ensure they don't get transition baskets? Make our shots...Limit our misses
              Monk will not have a 6'1" or a 6'3" defender guarding him. Someone a little bigger. This could be a game where Zac proves his value on the big stage.
              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 19, 2017, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                Late money is smart money-- those are the Vegas sharks putting bets in on Wichita.

How do ya'll feel about Willis' comments? Personally, I really wish he didn't say anything at all.... It's the top story on ESPN right now, which sucks.

OR, it could play well for the Shockers? David not afraid to talk sh!t on Goliath?
                David ran at Goliath, shouting!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  This is going to be a step up from Dayton. Obviously. Take care of the ball, defend, rebound and hit a couple shots and let's see what happens.
                  Just went into the Net to look at brackets and heard a prediction that Kentucky would overwhelm us today. A win today will Shock some folk where others believe that should be a close hard-fought game where neither team will overwhelm the other.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Gotta remind myself that if at the beginning of the year someone told me that we would be 31-4 going into a round of 32 matchup with Kentucky ... I would have taken it in a heartbeat. Win or lose, this year has been amazing.

Comment

• Stopped by the Kentucky boards and the general consensus is we can't handle the quickness and driving ability of UK guards. Maybe I am drinking to much WSU koolaid but I don't see this as our weakness. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Gotta remind myself that if at the beginning of the year someone told me that we would be 31-4 going into a round of 32 matchup with Kentucky ... I would have taken it in a heartbeat. Win or lose, this year has been amazing.
                        The team has probably received the same message...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                          The team has probably received the same message...
                          I hope that means they have fun and play loose. That's when they are at their best.

Comment

• Hit some shots early

Comment

• Just woke up, ITS GAME DAY! Its a beautiful -10 (it was -30 yesterday), gonna be at church when the game starts, kinda wish i could skip today but gonna watch it three hours after it starts. CAN'T WAIT.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                                David ran at Goliath, shouting!!!
                                David took 5 smooth stones but only had to use one of them to defeat the overconfident Goliath.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X