WSU Versus Kentucky Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post
    Stopped by the Kentucky boards and the general consensus is we can't handle the quickness and driving ability of UK guards. Maybe I am drinking to much WSU koolaid but I don't see this as our weakness. Thoughts?
    Kentucky is very quick. I would certainly call that one of UKs strengths. How we handle that quickness will likely determine the outcome of the game.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post
      Stopped by the Kentucky boards and the general consensus is we can't handle the quickness and driving ability of UK guards. Maybe I am drinking to much WSU koolaid but I don't see this as our weakness. Thoughts?
      i think the way HCGM coaches his "gap defense" and defensive rotations is one of our greatest strengths. I'm sure individually they are more talented, but the guy guarding the ball isn't gonna be on an island by himself. We will muck the driving lanes up. The whistle will be important too, but I think it comes down to guarding the ball screens, rotations, and rebounding--like always.
      I'm glad we didn't shoot well last game (I think we will today). Not glad they didn't shoot well last game, but I've seen them a few times and they always go through long dry spells on offense. Let's hope for a couple of those today!

Comment

• Good luck today guys. Not sure why you guys would think the Kentucky board would be any different from your board. Everyone here thinks Wichita State will win for the most part and everyone at the Kentucky board is going to think Kentucky is going to win for the most part. People here at this board are going to say we are being disrespected as you always do and people at Kentucky board will say the same thing. You guys acted surprised not sure why. I didn't come here today expecting to see a bunch of people from this board scared about playing Kentucky and expecting to lose. Every site has their fan bases that talk crap and think their team is the greatest and always expect to win every game. I have been coming to both of these boards for many many years. I have been a fan of your team for many years. I root for you guys almost all the time the only few times I have not were against Ohio State in 2013 and against Kentucky in 2014. Both were great great games. Let us hope today is another great game and may the best team win. Good luck today.
        2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
        2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
        2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
        2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
        The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• You know if we win this game some MVC AD is going to complain that we are getting "too big for our britches."
          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
            You know if we win this game some MVC AD is going to complain that we are getting "too big for our britches."
            They sure won't turn down their share of the NCAA credits though

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
              Good luck today guys. Not sure why you guys would think the Kentucky board would be any different from your board. Everyone here thinks Wichita State will win for the most part and everyone at the Kentucky board is going to think Kentucky is going to win for the most part. People here at this board are going to say we are being disrespected as you always do and people at Kentucky board will say the same thing. You guys acted surprised not sure why. I didn't come here today expecting to see a bunch of people from this board scared about playing Kentucky and expecting to lose. Every site has their fan bases that talk crap and think their team is the greatest and always expect to win every game. I have been coming to both of these boards for many many years. I have been a fan of your team for many years. I root for you guys almost all the time the only few times I have not were against Ohio State in 2013 and against Kentucky in 2014. Both were great great games. Let us hope today is another great game and may the best team win. Good luck today.
              Dayton fans weren't comparing us to NIT teams and I don't think we've done that to UK either.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                David took 5 smooth stones but only had to use one of them to defeat the overconfident Goliath.
                ... and just like David, GGG, who likes the big game hunt, will be adding another "trophy" to his trophy case!

Comment

• Willis needs to shut his mouth and play.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    Dayton fans weren't comparing us to NIT teams and I don't think we've done that to UK either.
                    Couldn't have said it any truer.

Comment

• Kentucky defeated Michigan State easily early on this Season but got defeated by Louisville at Louisville 73-70. The Shocks lost to those 2 teams early on when we were still heavy on the learning curve process. Both Kentucky and WSU have an impressive winning streaks going now. A Shocker prestigious win today would smash lots of brackets, head us off to Memphis followed by bright lights that will intensify our Program, silence some skeptics, and demand even more respect.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        Kentucky fans were saying we were an NIT team? If so, they are only .5 ahead of us in KenPom. Guess if we are NIT, they should have been in the First Four at best!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Kentucky fans were saying we were an NIT team? If so, they are only .5 ahead of us in KenPom. Guess if we are NIT, they should have been in the First Four at best!
                          According to UK fans, KenPom is broken for mid-majors and we aren't a top 25 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Gotta remind myself that if at the beginning of the year someone told me that we would be 31-4 going into a round of 32 matchup with Kentucky ... I would have taken it in a heartbeat. Win or lose, this year has been amazing.
                            While I absolutely share your sentiments, I KNOW our guys can beat their guys. I KNOW this team can win it all. I will be happy, but disappointed at the same time. 3G is going to have these guys HYPED. I'm sure he had Ron and Fred deliver a little something special to get our guys fired up.

This is what I told everyone at work that laughed at me for having WSU win the national championship-- If I had Kentucky winning it all, no one would bat an eyelash. If WSU beats Kentucky, why the hell not Wichita State?! Why the hell not...

Comment

• Pre-game show is on in case you're interested.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                                Pre-game show is on in case you're interested.
                                Where?

Comment

Working...
                                X