WSU Versus Kentucky Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House money.

Honestly, I'm just glad we won the first game, to shut up the nincompoops. We still got screwed in seeding, so instead of playing a 3, 4, or 5 to make a S16, the deck is stacked with a team that's statistically indistinguishable from a 1 seed.

Maybe next year we won't get boned by the committee, but I told that to myself two years ago at this time, then last year at this time, so I guess at some point I have to concede the non-sensical and bogus, but very real, trend line.

Comment

Is there a pep rally tomorrow?
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Willis taking trash saying he's going to shut down Bam.... Come on Willis, let's not be like that. Let the play do the talking

http://kentucky.247sports.com/Bolt/W...ebayo-51845315
        Damn, this is some terrible mojo. Gonna just call out and piss off the guy with 4 double-doubles in his last 8 games? Well, I hope Shaq and Nurger have the game of their lives.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Damn, this is some terrible mojo. Gonna just call out and piss off the guy with 4 double-doubles in his last 8 games? Well, I hope Shaq and Nurger have the game of their lives.
          Not to mention, we're the guys that thrive with chips on our shoulders and play angry. Why the hell would you wanna throw away that advantage and give it to your opponent? All sorts of brain cramps going on there.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Chuck Berry died. The King of Rock and Roll is no more. Damnit. Son of a *****

Comment

I don't think Darral Willis has quite caught on to the Shocker Play Angry Way and what exactly that means and entails.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Wow. First Stallworth now Chuck. Two legends.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I don't think Darral Willis has quite caught on to the Shocker Play Angry Way and what exactly that means and entails.
                  Does DW know DW doesn't even start?
                  For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                  - said no one ever...

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Obviously he has not. Geez...shaking head.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Willis didn't say that HE was going to shut the center down. He said "we do things other teams don't" such as boxing out. He also said the team wasn't scared of anyone.

Why aren't we talking about the Kentucky players being dismissive of our team in their presser? Boscoe says he's never heard of Wichita State, our players and our coach, even though he played against Markis in high school. Fox said the same thing.

It's good that our guys are feeling confident. It's good that our guys are fired up. It's good that our guys are coming into this game with some swagger.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                        Willis didn't say that HE was going to shut the center down. He said "we do things other teams don't" such as boxing out. He also said the team wasn't scared of anyone.

Why aren't we talking about the Kentucky players being dismissive of our team in their presser? Boscoe says he's never heard of Wichita State, our players and our coach, even though he played against Markis in high school. Fox said the same thing.

It's good that our guys are feeling confident. It's good that our guys are fired up. It's good that our guys are coming into this game with some swagger.
                        Oh great. I didn't think it was possible but some UK players have caught La Salle Syndrome.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

briscoe

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            we knew this was coming.

long live the king.

"Roll Over Beethoven", released in 1956, peaked at #7 on the Billboard R&B chart and #29 Pop Chart. Berry said the song was in response to his sister always ...

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                              briscoe
                              Who cares

Comment

It's all psychology... he's going to come out too aggressive and pick up fouls quickly which will be to Shox huge advantage... he's not going to play like X did to shut up the Bradley coach.
                                Shox aren't intimidated. If KU can beat them, the Shox sure as hell can too.
                                Bring it blue.

Comment

Working...
                                X