WSU Versus Kentucky Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Humphries thinking about transferring? https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky/...future-options
    Katz interviewed Coach Marshall after the game yesterday and asked him about Kentucky. Coach said he was familiar with a couple of their players who had committed to WSU before they ended up at Kentucky. Katz asked him who and he said Humphries and Mulder. I din't know Humphries had actually verbally committed.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
      Guy at work said this game wouldn't even happen... BUT IF IT DID, he gave me Wichita State +6.

lmao too easy.

Kirstie Allie - 85
      Ashley Judd - 73
      That's all I needed to hear. Guy at work is usually right. Somebody call my bookie.

Comment

Humphries thinking about transferring? https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky/...future-options
        St. Mary's would make sense with its Australia connections.
        The Assman

Comment

Not a good feeling about this game. Shox will have to play a lot better than they did last night. Kentucky will probably capitalize on mistakes and keep their foot on the gas. It'll be a good game, we'll keep it close for a while, but ultimately, I think Kentucky gets us again. Not gonna predict a score, it'll be single digits though.

Even if we lose tomorrow, it's still been a much better season than I anticipated.

Comment

Humphries and Mulder were both suckers for signing at UK. They were fillers for Cal's roster and got caught up in thinking they were actually good enough to be players there. You could see it a mile away. They have to live with it. At least Humphries has enough time to make a detour. Hope he makes a smarter decision 2nd time around.

Comment

Humphries and Mulder were both suckers for signing at UK. They were fillers for Cal's roster and got caught up in thinking they were actually good enough to be players there. You could see it a mile away. They have to live with it. At least Humphries has enough time to make a detour. Hope he makes a smarter decision 2nd time around.
              Humphries would have been an immediate starter at 300 other D-1 schools at least. Would have been averaging 15+ ppg and 8-10 rebounds elsewhere. He picked one of the only schools in the nation that didn't actually need him and you can sense his regret all over that article. Go literally anywhere else and you could still be talking about a chance in the NBA by now (as he was hoping, given his comments). Instead you are looking at having to transfer and sit for a year and get older still. Don't let Kentucky sell you a bill of goods.

Shox need to revisit that situation and bring him in to be the future with Asbjorn. Would be beautiful.

Comment

Humphries should transfer to WSU. Redshirt next year then ready for play when we need him. Calipari develops ready made NBA guys but we can develop guys like him much better to be NBA players. Oh yeah, Shockers win by 2. Kentucky has a 3 in the air to win but it clanks off the left side of the rim.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Honestly, given how much depth we lose next year, he'd be a perfect fit for such a time as this. Sometime this weekend, Marshall should give him one of those intimate embraces that doesn't seem to get weird and tell him everything's gonna be alright if he comes to WSU

Comment

I think our guys are going to come out much more relaxed tomorrow. The pressure is all off and this team plays pretty well when they have nothing to lose. I think CF will get a few more looks. I don't think we can depend on another 3-3 ZB day or a RK 3 pointer at the half this time. We need good outside shots and need Shaq on the inside to make things interesting. UK probably isn't gonna play as bad as they played against NKU either.

The D will be there again so we will have a chance. Come out with nothing to lose fellas.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

NCAA Selection Committee's Favorite Whipping Boy- 81
                      NCAA Probation Waiting to Happen- 80
                      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

This will be another grind em out game but I really believe the Shox can prevail. It will be close but not as low scoring as last night's game against the Flyers. I'm starting to share the confidence that Gregg exudes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                          Honestly, given how much depth we lose next year, he'd be a perfect fit for such a time as this. Sometime this weekend, Marshall should give him one of those intimate embraces that doesn't seem to get weird and tell him everything's gonna be alright if he comes to WSU
                          Sometimes when selecting a Program, young men have to go back to the drawing board to find a better fit. CF has settled in here and found a nice role that benefits him and us. IH could still be a roof raiser here at 21st and Hillside and we will need some quality height in here. Twin towers to blend in with our young guards of the future would elate me still again.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

The way I see it, it doesn't matter what happens from here on out. This is the perfect set up and experience for a team that has its starting "10" returning next year. No one will match that!

Comment

Jay Williams breaks down what to watch for in Kentucky's second-round matchup against Wichita State.
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

UK is no where as tall and lengthy as they were last time we played them. They are also not as deep. Here is their rotation:

*Starters*
                                Fox - 6'3", 187 lbs.
                                Briscoe - 6'3", 210 lbs.
                                Monk - 6'3", 200 lbs.
                                Willis - 6'9", 228 lbs.
                                Adebayo - 6'10", 260 lbs.

*Reserves*
                                Hawkins - 6'0", 190 lbs.
                                Gabriel - 6'9", 213 lbs.
                                Mulder - 6'4", 185 lbs.
                                Humphries - 7'0", 255 lbs.

Yesterday they only played 1 guy over 6'10" and he played a whopping 2 min. None of their guards are long. Mulder is the tallest at 6'4" and he played a whopping 4 min yesterday. Their guards all look very strong though. They only played 7 players over 5 min yesterday. 6 over 10 min, so they are susceptible to foul trouble. I'm worried about who Frankcamp is going to guard. I think whoever he is matched up against will have a clear strength and athleticism advantage. Besides that, I feel we line up exceptionally well against them. Brown has 3" and 15 lbs. on monk. Shamet should match decently against Fox or Briscoe.
                                If McDuffie can hold his own on the defensive side, I think he could create a matchup problem for Willis on the offensive side. Shaq can handle Adebayo. We have a second unit eager to step in at any moment if need be. The more I dig into it, the more I like this match up. Go shox!

Comment

Working...
                                X