WSU Versus Dayton Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
    Scoochie's real name is Dayshon Smith. Close, huh?
    Wow, that's wild.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Disadvantages -
      - Pretty much a home game for Dayton
      - Dayton Senior Leadership
      - Chip on shoulder for being underdog
      - Head Coach

Advantages -
      - ShaQ
      - Chip on shoulder for snub
      - Defense
      - Offense
      - Head Coach

P.S. - Really need to ShaQ to be a leader in this first game to settle any early nerves. He's been here now 3 (kinda 4) years in a row. Big dunk early. Block a shot. Demand the ball. Be a angry man!

Go SHOCKS!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Starting lineup? 6'6", 6'5",6,5", 6,5",6'2" am I reading this correct? And who is going to stop Shaq?

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShox View Post
          Starting lineup? 6'6", 6'5",6,5", 6,5",6'2" am I reading this correct? And who is going to stop Shaq?
          6'0", 6'2", 6'5", 6'6", 6'8" in their last game.

6'8" Williams looks pretty weak as an interior defender though. 6'7" Mikesell has a lot of starts as well, and will be overmatched no matter who he's guarding.

Comment

• As the self proclaimed and undisputed King of UDPride, I thank you for your politeness on our website as well as for these cheerleaders.

The members of the UDPride Royal Roundtable as well as our many minions look forward to a competitive game on Friday night and hope your cheerleaders live up to their reputations as well as my Royal expectations.

So let it be written.

So let it be done.

King Rollo....OUT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
              Is that Freshman Kostas Antetokounmpo the brother of the Milwaukee Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo? Looks like he must be a transfer or a redshirt or something because he doesn't have a number or any stats.

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                  Is that Freshman Kostas Antetokounmpo the brother of the Milwaukee Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo? Looks like he must be a transfer or a redshirt or something because he doesn't have a number or any stats.
                  Yes .. and Yes he's redshirting.

Comment

• A couple of KenPom notes

Their closest Competitor to us was St. Marys all the way back on November 19th. (15 adjO, 26 AdjD both slightly worse than us). They lost at home 61-57.

The best offensive team they have faced besides St. Mary is Rhode Island at 64 and Vanderbilt at 48. Both significantly lower than us in raw score. WSU 119.6, Vandy 112.3, RI, 110.7. Though they won all of those games.

The best defensive teams they have faced are Alabama at #10, RI at 32, Northwestern at 35, VCU at 36. WSU is sitting at 19. Yet again, they won all of those games.

So they have beaten most all of the good teams on their schedule. Just lost to some clunkers.

Comment

• I am most interested to see how a new opponent treats Markis. He leads us in scoring yet doesn't seem to be the focal point of any analysis or scouting (at least by the media). Our other best players have fairly textbook scouts, Shaq is a load inside and you may have to double, you have to guard CF to 35 ft and don't let him get loose, can't help off of LS. Hard to execute but fairly straightforward. I have watched 34 shocker games this year and I don't even know what I would say is Markis's offensive strength, slashing? 3pt shooting? FTs? Rebounding? I think he is our ace in the hole and a next to impossible match for most teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by WUpigsooie View Post
                        I am most interested to see how a new opponent treats Markis. He leads us in scoring yet doesn't seem to be the focal point of any analysis or scouting (at least by the media). Our other best players have fairly textbook scouts, Shaq is a load inside and you may have to double, you have to guard CF to 35 ft and don't let him get loose, can't help off of LS. Hard to execute but fairly straightforward. I have watched 34 shocker games this year and I don't even know what I would say is Markis's offensive strength, slashing? 3pt shooting? FTs? Rebounding? I think he is our ace in the hole and a next to impossible match for most teams.
                        Good points, though I think one of the people that will benefit the most from new opponents is Willis. He seemed to get shut down once the scout was out on him. Could be especially good against Dayton who is a lot smaller team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Good points, though I think one of the people that will benefit the most from new opponents is Willis. He seemed to get shut down once the scout was out on him. Could be especially good against Dayton who is a lot smaller team.
                          Oh I totally agree. Willis has the potential to be a huge problem off the bench.

Comment

• I think Willis has been practicing going to his right all season and will unload it in the tournament1

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigman View Post
                              I think Willis has been practicing going to his right all season and will unload it in the tournament1
                              He is the Anti-Zoolander.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by WUpigsooie View Post
                                Oh I totally agree. Willis has the potential to be a huge problem off the bench.
                                Couldn't agree more. I could see Shaq and DW each have 20+

Comment

Working...
                                X