WSU Versus Dayton Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
    Beginning to? I started hating them months ago on the assumption that they would screw us, I just beat the rush and start hating them in November.
    I already hate our seeding and path to the finals for next year. Jeez when will they stop screwing us?
    I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Btw: shox by 18.
      I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInKC View Post
        I already hate our seeding and path to the finals for next year. Jeez when will they stop screwing us?
        That's the spirit!
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

A great defense will beat a great offense every time. I'll go with the Shockers here.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
            A great defense will beat a great offense every time. I'll go with the Shockers here.
            That is very true.

You know what is also true? WSU has the better defense AND offense ... Per KenPom ...

Comment

I agree with IndyTreeFan. Our defense is our biggest advantage. I kind of expect our offense to sputter a bit at the beginning with the nerves. Lot of underclassmen after all. But once Landry gets going and Connor gets hot, we could run away with it. I still expect a close game regardless.

Shockers - 77
              Dayton - 70

Comment

Originally posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
                Notre Dame and Miami beg to differ.

Luckily I think the Shockers are really good on both sides this year.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  Notre Dame and Miami beg to differ.

Luckily I think the Shockers are really good on both sides this year.
                  I'm not so sure that this team, right now, isn't the best team Marshall has had. Everything has come together and they're playing like a well oiled machine. And yeah, I think WSU is better on both sides of the ball than is Dayton, but the media loves to talk about Dayton's awesome offense, so I went with it...:barbershop_quartet_

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInKC View Post
                    Just saw an internal email that said the only way the Shockers are in next year is if they go undefeated and have a average margin of victory of 32 points

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
                      Just saw an internal email that said the only way the Shockers are in next year is if they go undefeated and have a average margin of victory of 32 points
                      That includes wining in STL (...gag...)
                      The Assman

Comment

Shaq dominates the paint early, UD calls a timeout after he hits a baby-hook to extend the lead to 12. UD plays well coming out of the timeout and the Shox lead by 6 going into the half. UD comes out and hits a couple big shots early (trading a couple with WSU) and gets to within four, but the Shox give no ground. UD hits a brief offensive funk about four minutes in and CF hits three 3's in four minutes to extend the lead to 12. Shox lead by as many as 18 before winning by "only" 10.

Boeing Flyers: 80
                        Radio Flyers: 70

Comment

Originally posted by chitown_shocker View Post
                          Shaq dominates the paint early, UD calls a timeout after he hits a baby-hook to extend the lead to 12. UD plays well coming out of the timeout and the Shox lead by 6 going into the half. UD comes out and hits a couple big shots early (trading a couple with WSU) and gets to within four, but the Shox give no ground. UD hits a brief offensive funk about four minutes in and CF hits three 3's in four minutes to extend the lead to 12. Shox lead by as many as 18 before winning by "only" 10.

Boeing Flyers: 80
                          Radio Flyers: 70
                          Crap! I feel like I don't even need to watch the game now.

Comment

Now that we have the whole "Unleash Zach Brown on a point guard and destroy his will to live" thing down, I feel a lot better about this matchup. I hope I'm right.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                              Now that we have the whole "Unleash Zach Brown on a point guard and destroy his will to live" thing down, I feel a lot better about this matchup. I hope I'm right.
                              It would truly be a shame if we didn't get to see how ZB would do guarding Monk.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                                It would truly be a shame if we didn't get to see how ZB would do guarding Monk.
                                Would we put ZB on Fox and Shamet on Monk? Fox is their point guard I believe. And yes, we're getting ahead of ourselves a tad here.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X