WSU Versus Dayton Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Do they know where "Witchita" is located?
    It's the state between Iowa and Wisconsin.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Am I alone in my thinking........this screams LaSalle repeat to me.

They didn't think our guys could slow them down. They were going to play their game and there was little we could do about it.

Don't come whining to me if it's 12-4 and Shaq has 4 layups and Markis 2 dunks and Archie has to take a timeout to try option 2.
      Perfect!
      The Assman

Comment

• My parents and I are going to Indy. Anyway to know what sections will likely be Shocker-heavy? Or is it a crapshoot and don't bother playing the guessing game?

Comment

• How much NCAA experience did Carl Hall, Armstead, Early, FVV, Baker, Demetric, Tekele, etc have?

I know it's important but I would almost bet that this team has more overall experience coming in.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            How much NCAA experience did Carl Hall, Armstead, Early, FVV, Baker, Demetric, Tekele, etc have?

I know it's important but I would almost bet that this team has more overall experience coming in.
            Yeah, that group did all right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Archie took over a Mid Major coming off a NCAA bid and 2 NIT bids.

Gregg took over a team that finished 8-10 the year before in the MVC.

By year 5 Archie had an Elite 8 from an 11 seed, Gregg had a 27-6 5 seed. I'll concede that edge to Archie if the Elite 8 was done with his recruits.

This is year 6 for Archie. Gregg had a Final Four in year 6.

So in order for Archie to "match up" to Gregg, he needs to get to the Final Four this year, Go undefeated next year, get a 1 seed and National Coach of the Year, Then Go to a Sweet 16 again the year after.

Guess we will see
              I like this guy! If I grant you an Honorary and Distinguished Ph.D. in Letters from THE University of Dayton, will you come to our side? We need more SWAG. And you seem to have plenty to spare. Be my minion! And please bring your cheerleaders.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Rollo View Post
                I like this guy! If I grant you an Honorary and Distinguished Ph.D. in Letters from THE University of Dayton, will you come to our side? We need more SWAG. And you seem to have plenty to spare. Be my minion! And please bring your cheerleaders.
                Our board lacks characters like you. I can think of one particular character we used to have around here that we haven't seen for a while. Most of us are too fixated on stats and data and logic and some kind of ever present need to sound smart or dignified.
                Personally, I like the entertainers. Wish we had a few more like you. I'm being honest. Others here will agree with me. One of the best things about about the postseason (or even just playing in a competitive conference, which we do not) is that you get to meet other fans and personalities. Just a side note.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                  Personally, I like the entertainers.
                  As do I. Too often the humor is forced. A good example is ESPN today vs when they first started out. Today's anchors suck!

Comment

• Routinely Screwed by the Selection Committee - 81
                    Got Screwed by the Selection Committee This Year - 69.

I think our Shocks defense will wear them down over the course of the game, but it'll be TIGHT until the 12 minute make when suddenly BAM! The Shocks are up 10. There'll be lots of big plays from both sides, but ultimately the Shocks will pull ahead for the victory that was only in doubt for the first 28 minutes of action.

Free throws are going to be key this game, and the Shocks ability to rebound will be a huge factor if we're not shooting great

And I'm pissed that once again, the Shocks got jobbed by the Committee. Gregg Marshall is an all time great coach, it's time to give the man the RESPECT he deserves.

Comment

• Cessna/Stearman/Beech 79
                      Orville & Wilbur 73

Comment

• It'll be a tough game. I watched the Flyers when they beat 'Bama in November. They looked good. About what one would expect from the best team in the A10. Very comparable to some of the better VCU teams of the last several years.

Shockers must get that extra effort from someone other than the usual suspects. I'm hoping R. Kelley can bring the intensity to this game that he's brought to the Valley for the last 15 games. Which coincides with our win streak.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                          It'll be a tough game. I watched the Flyers when they beat 'Bama in November. They looked good. About what one would expect from the best team in the A10. Very comparable to some of the better VCU teams of the last several years.

Shockers must get that extra effort from someone other than the usual suspects. I'm hoping R. Kelley can bring the intensity to this game that he's brought to the Valley for the last 15 games. Which coincides with our win streak.
                          I was wondering where you were going outside of the usual suspects. I kind of feel like Rashard has become one of the usual suspects, although quite possibly not for the opposition.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Would be nice if our Daishon Smith can provide some solid D on Friday.

Comment

• A real dark horse pick for someone other than the usual suspects would be Austin Reaves. Surely he won't particularly be much a blip on Dayton's radar screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                Our board lacks characters like you.
                                FWIW, your passion for all things WSU is awesome, but this site is really boring...must be thy Royal nerves, of which I have none.

So here's my solution...UD wins, I become King of all things WSU.

UD loses and you suffer in boredom until we meet again.

Last edited by King Rollo; March 16, 2017, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X