WSU Versus Dayton Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This site is boring?

Well, I'm not sure the Dayton board is the Vegas of internet message boards either.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Dayton fan here. Real bad feeling about this game for the Flyers. We just seem like we haven't had it down the stretch this year. Defense has been off and our front court just isn't strong enough defensively. Our guards are capable but this is tough task rebouding and defensively against your front court.

McDuffie seems like the type of Forward who we haven't been able to defend this year. Stretch 4s haven given us big problems in conference play

Comment

• Originally posted by DaytonCane View Post
        Dayton fan here. Real bad feeling about this game for the Flyers. We just seem like we haven't had it down the stretch this year. Defense has been off and our front court just isn't strong enough defensively. Our guards are capable but this is tough task rebouding and defensively against your front court.

McDuffie seems like the type of Forward who we haven't been able to defend this year. Stretch 4s haven given us big problems in conference play
        Wait till our stretch 4 plays man up on your PG on defense!
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          Wait till our stretch 4 plays man up on your PG on defense!
          I bet UD fans look at this comment and wonder what the hell is he talking about. Shocker fans know! Lol

Comment

• Calipari says NCAA selection committee succeeded this year. "I think they did the best job of seeding that they've done in eight years."
            He's asking for a beat down in the Round of 32.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
              wow.. i can't believe he said that. he usually rails against the seeding. but this year he likes it better than ever? okay

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                if, and it's a big if, wichita state can just somehow get by their main hurdle, dayton, that's just what kentucky is gonna get.

Comment

• Here is another example of MVC's identity. Writer for the Dayton paper writes about Bradley playing Wichita State in Ohio Valley Conference play. SMH
                  Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
                    Here is another example of MVC's identity. Writer for the Dayton paper writes about Bradley playing Wichita State in Ohio Valley Conference play. SMH
                    http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/spo...oS9ZGzk3MklSJ/
                    Ohio, Missouri -- to-may-to, to-mah-to.

Comment

• It's game day. Our Shocks had little or no wiggle room to make this Dance. The good news is we understand that the Shocks are Not satisfied. Dayton will be a tough foe and I still think we will win by 7 if we play and execute angry, but I anticipate a close game with lead changes all the way through. Even so, it's okay with me if we route them instead.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I really like the Shockers' chances this evening. Interior strength and rebounding should be a major factor tilting this game WSU's way. That said, it is basketball. In one game, a couple of hot shooters and .... well....fecal material occurs. Just like my tag line, I like the Shocks' odds, but you have to play the game from beginning to end with uninterrupted focus and intensity. Go Shocks!

78-65 March score magic.
                        Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Don May 67
                          in honor of the VERY GREAT Dave Stallwoth 72

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                            It's game day. Our Shocks had little or no wiggle room to make this Dance. The good news is we understand that the Shocks are Not satisfied. Dayton will be a tough foe and I still think we will win by 7 if we play and execute angry, but I anticipate a close game with lead changes all the way through. Even so, it's okay with me if we route them instead.
                            In all honesty, I'm with you. Both teams have tons of valuable NCAAT experience, but your Shockers have advanced further and are used to high expectations. We're just getting to that status.

At full strength, I think UD wins by 4 or 5. We're not at full strength...close to it, but not quite there. So while my Royal gut say UD 78, WSU 74, my Royal brains say the opposite.

The Royal limo will be here soon and I'll be on the road to Indy, so good luck and let's continue the Royal banter tonite!...or tomorrow...depends on what time the King returns to the palatial estate! I need my Royal beauty sleep.

King Rollo the Nervous....OUT!

Comment

• These are my predictions for tonight's game:

- Following Coach Marshall's comments about the NCAA yesterday, the officials selected for the game will be Dan Janssen, Karl Hess, and Earl Hebner.
                              - Jim Schaus will be announced as the new AD at Indiana at 4 o'clock this afternoon. Gregg Marshall will be whisked away in a limo, headed south, within the hour.
                              - Acknowledging the turmoil by the dozen(s) of people on the SGA, President Bardo will step down. Dr. Warren Armstrong's wife will be immediately named as the new University President.
                              (Point of Information - I was actually in SGA for a term. I am almost certainly the person LEAST concerned about anything that august body has to say.)
                              - Calling in "Executive Order 65", the Board of Regents, with the backing of Governor Brownback, will mandate every sports bar in the state will only show the KU game. Similarly, CBS will undergo a statewide black-out.
                              - Landry Shamet will retroactively commit to Kentucky ten minutes before tip-off.
                              - With the Shox up early in the first half and looking to pull away, Mark Adams will run onto the court and tackle Conner Frankamp, rupturing his ACL and MCL.
                              - The American Athletic Conference will select Dayton, and only Dayton, as it's 12th basketball member at halftime.
                              - Rashard Kelly will be ejected in the first minute of the game for disputing the direction of play with referee Karl Hess.
                              - Literally looking past Dayton to a possible game with Kentucky, Shaquille Morris will sleep in and miss the entire first half.
                              - Despite all of this, WSU wins 82-62.

Everybody breathe, make sure your internet signal is good (see above), get a Guinness, boilermaker, fish and chips, corned beef, or all of the above (my personal favorite) and enjoy the game!

'

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                                These are my predictions for tonight's game:

- Following Coach Marshall's comments about the NCAA yesterday, the officials selected for the game will be Dan Janssen, Karl Hess, and Earl Hebner.
                                - Jim Schaus will be announced as the new AD at Indiana at 4 o'clock this afternoon. Gregg Marshall will be whisked away in a limo, headed south, within the hour.
                                - Acknowledging the turmoil by the dozen(s) of people on the SGA, President Bardo will step down. Dr. Warren Armstrong's wife will be immediately named as the new University President.
                                (Point of Information - I was actually in SGA for a term. I am almost certainly the person LEAST concerned about anything that august body has to say.)
                                - Calling in "Executive Order 65", the Board of Regents, with the backing of Governor Brownback, will mandate every sports bar in the state will only show the KU game. Similarly, CBS will undergo a statewide black-out.
                                - Landry Shamet will retroactively commit to Kentucky ten minutes before tip-off.
                                - With the Shox up early in the first half and looking to pull away, Mark Adams will run onto the court and tackle Conner Frankamp, rupturing his ACL and MCL.
                                - The American Athletic Conference will select Dayton, and only Dayton, as it's 12th basketball member at halftime.
                                - Rashard Kelly will be ejected in the first minute of the game for disputing the direction of play with referee Karl Hess.
                                - Literally looking past Dayton to a possible game with Kentucky, Shaquille Morris will sleep in and miss the entire first half.
                                - Despite all of this, WSU wins 82-62.

Everybody breathe, make sure your internet signal is good (see above), get a Guinness, boilermaker, fish and chips, corned beef, or all of the above (my personal favorite) and enjoy the game!

'
                                Now I feel confident of victory.
                                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X