No announcement yet.

WSU vs. Rambler Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just stating that Loyola may finish toward to top of the valley and if they play like they did tonight for the rest of the year could help the shox

Comment

• Similar. Baseball

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomhouse View Post
        Similar. Baseball
        Bat boy?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Croquet?
          But I'm sure you are much more involved than me. With your cut off jean shorts and natty light in hand.

Comment

• Actually I was in my earlier years

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomhouse View Post
              Just stating that Loyola may finish toward to top of the valley and if they play like they did tonight for the rest of the year could help the shox
              Playing against Valley competition, Loyola can't possibly get an rpi under 100 unless they manage to knock off the Shox or the Redbirds. Doing either of those would damage the Shox resume. Shox need 2 of 3 against the Birds and need the Birds to win every other game.

There is no credit given by the Selection Committee for a home win against a team with an rpi above 100.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• So weird to imagine a potential final regular season (+ MVC Tourney) record of say 29-4 or 28-5 with all the cache built-up the last 6 years and not getting an invite by the selection committee. Whew. What a ***** slap to Doug Elgin and the Missouri Valley Conference. Say it ain't so Joe.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Playing against Valley competition, Loyola can't possibly get an rpi under 100 unless they manage to knock off the Shox or the Redbirds. Doing either of those would damage the Shox resume. Shox need 2 of 3 against the Birds and need the Birds to win every other game.

There is no credit given by the Selection Committee for a home win against a team with an rpi above 100.
                  Loyola can get in the top 100 without beating the Shox or birds by finishing 10-3. They have an 8% chance of doing so.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    So weird to imagine a potential final regular season (+ MVC Tourney) record of say 29-4 or 28-5 with all the cache built-up the last 6 years and not getting an invite by the selection committee. Whew. What a ***** slap to Doug Elgin and the Missouri Valley Conference. Say it ain't so Joe.
                    The sad thing is, most of the Valley would think it was funny.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Doyle was super.

But Jackson...sheesh. Can you miss something young man? He was outstanding.

7-7 and 4-4 from the line. Tough as nails. Loyola has guys that can make our team.

They should be embarrassed about the Drake game. NO excuse. ISU won by 20+ in Chicago? They have my attention.
                      Loyola is good, but WSU's zone defense made that a game. You can't give wide open looks to an efficient offense. HCGM kept changing personnel as if they were the problem instead of changing back to man to man....until it was almost too late.

We go back to man and the lead stretches. There is no mystery here.

Comment

• Their offense is their strength. I didn't think our bigs showed up enough with rebounding or finishing around the basket in offense.

Comment

• If all games started at 6, I wouldn't bother. Missed the tip-off, not to mention the shoot-around.

Worst I have ever seen Shaq. Disinterested.

Porter Mosier deserved a T.

Excellent game by Kelly again.

The crowd was good, not great maybe, but good.

Willis has taken a step back, maybe.

The officials got booed a lot, and deservedly so, from my seat.

Doyle is really good and today's rules help his game. A lot.

A wonderful game from McDuffie.

Everybody in the building saw Reaves asking for timeout.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            On TV, they showed the replay and it looked incredibly clear to me that Austin was asking for a timeout well before he got tied up, but then the announcers said "seemed like a good tie ball call."

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              That they did. Fortunately, the Shocks had the possession arrow and there were no further jump balls in the game so it turned out to be irrelevant. But if Loyola had the possession arrow in their favor or if there had been another tie up with the game still in doubt it had the potential to being big.

One thing I noticed about this officiating crew is that quite a few calls were made by the official who was the furthest from the action. Whether that official actually had the best view is hard to say, although on the Reaves time-out no call the baseline official was right there looking right at Austin but the official on the wing outside of the 3 point line made the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                                On TV, they showed the replay and it looked incredibly clear to me that Austin was asking for a timeout well before he got tied up, but then the announcers said "seemed like a good tie ball call."
                                The announcers acted like as soon as the opponent thrust one hand into the mix it was a tie ball. I don't know the letter of the law, but I expect two hands and a 50/50 ownership for a tie ball, and in this case AR's timeout beat that stipulation.

Comment

Working...
                                X