No announcement yet.

WSU vs. Rambler Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did Doyle do besides ***** and complain? I didn't see all of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
      Fun game to watch. I like Loyola. Fun team to watch and challenge our SHOCKS!!! Game never in doubt in my mind. Fun game!

GO SHOCKS!!!! Bring on the karate kids!!!
      It may not have ever been in doubt in your mind but it was certainly in doubt on the court when Loyola pulled to within 4 points and had the momentum. Good job by the Shocks to make some plays when it really counted although the game probably should have never got to that point.

I told my grandson we might regret missing so many free throws.

We did have more than our share of rim outs on shots in the 2nd half.

3G stayed with the zone way too long. Not sure why. Unusual for him. Playing that much zone that is. Being stubborn is not unusual.

Loyola has some nice pieces.

Darral needs a play angry tutorial. Shaw needs a play angry refresher.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 11, 2017, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Get real-time COLLEGEBASKETBALL basketball coverage and scores as Loyola Chicago Ramblers takes on Wichita State Shockers. We bring you the latest game previews, live stats, and recaps on CBSSports.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
          What did Doyle do besides ***** and complain? I didn't see all of the game.
          Doyle slammed the ball down and it bounced 10 feet high. That usta be an automatic T.

Comment

• Considering I've witnessed opposing players kick the ball into the stands without punishment, the lack of a T on that didn't surprise me at all

Comment

• Don't look now, but the Fighting Gryffindors are actually the third-best team in the Valley of Dearth, according to kenpom; coming in just outside the top 100.

Comment

• RK had two big threes in the second half and got a big time stop. You got to appreciate him still bringing it after having his minutes adjusted.
                Last edited by proshox; January 11, 2017, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  Don't look now, but the Fighting Gryffindors are actually the third-best team in the Valley of Valley of Dearth, according to kenpom; coming in just outside the top 100.
                  Valley of Dearth

That's great!
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                    RK had two big threes in the second half and got a bit time stop. You got to appreciate him still bringing after having his minutes adjusted.
                    RK knows it's not the number of minutes, but what you do with them that counts.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      Our defense has been poor tonight but man uptempo basketball is so much more palatable than 60 possession slugfests. I love our pace this season.
                      There's no question the game was entertaining tonight, and really for almost all season this has been a fun team/style to watch.

However, even though the numbers look good, this is not nearly the defensive team we're used to in these parts.

I'm afraid these guys are in for a rude awakening (again) this Saturday. Not that ISU is Louisville or Michigan State or OSU, but they are good.

And athletic and tough. Not sure how tough we are just yet.

I love a lot of what these guys do, but we're not there yet. Big game Saturday.

Comment

• Doyle was super.

But Jackson...sheesh. Can you miss something young man? He was outstanding.

7-7 and 4-4 from the line. Tough as nails. Loyola has guys that can make our team.

They should be embarrassed about the Drake game. NO excuse. ISU won by 20+ in Chicago? They have my attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                          Loyola always seems to play us well. Not sure why
                          It's a mystery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                            I'm just now wrapping up the game since real life wins these days and I only have one question -- how did Doyle not get a Technical Foul?!
                            Babied.

Most obvious technical I've ever seen.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Solid win for the at large resume

Comment

• I also wanted to give props out to the several fans who left with 2 minutes left in a 6 point game. We've been getting drubbings all year at home. We finally have a close, exciting game and there's people heading to the exits during a game that started an hour earlier than normal. What am I missing? Can somebody explain to me what's the point of these people even attending WSU basketball games?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X