X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIU pulls it out against Murray state

Comment

• LSU up on Houston. MSU tied with Duke at half
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• MSU getting Duked by the officials.

LSU with a comfortable victory.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          But the red-turds shut us down completely last year. Arizona couldn't.
          Huh? I believe we split the series with them.

I'm not sure how that's relevant to the conversation though?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Duke beat MSU 78-69 at Cameron Indoor Stadium on the road. The Spartans are a good team now and will get better. As losses go, the loss to MSU will be as good as it gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
              IMO the two losses the Shockers have suffered this season are due to HC3G being out-coached by Pitino (no preparation for a match-up zone) and Izzo did a better job during the course of the game. But this opinion does not shake my faith in HC3G or the Shockers; another 30 win season is there for the Shockers, let's play the games and see what comes.
              Not sure I'd give Marshall a charge against MSU for having Zach Brown miss four FTs in a row on a complete 0-for day, or Frankamp miss every shot he took from the field, or Willis foolishly award them two points that turned out to make a fairly important difference. Coaches coach, but players also have to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                Pitino used the same defense in our Final Four game, while I am cynical, please do not accept propaganda from UL that Pitino woke up at 2 AM from a dream that UL could beat the Shockers playing the same match-up zone they used in their Final Four game with the Shockers. His staff should have watched every game the Shockers played prior to their meeting in Atlantis and IMO practiced the match-up zone to the detriment of their preparation for their game with ODU.

I have no insider information regards HC3G's coaching preparation and in-game coaching against MSU. All I have is my opinion using the information I posted earlier regarding Shocker lineups and substitutions. I lack personal basketball experience of the quality and extent of the Shocker staff but I know what I saw and formulated my opinion on those observations.
                Like I said, I'll give you your argument regarding being outcoached by Pitino. However, with all due respect, I see nothing that you said on Izzo that equals facts and I give Izzo nothing over Gregg. I have just as much respect from where I sit for Gregg as Izzo. We have a young team and MSU does too. They have much higher rated recruits than we do including a one and done lottery pick and a Top 5 recruiting freshman class. We didn't play well and we had a chance to win. Gregg thought we should have won too and was disappointed. IMO I see no known facts that Gregg was outcoached by Izzo except for the final score.

Comment

• The Valley has 5 D-1 games on tap tonight plus Evansville is playing D-III Wabash College.

IUPUI @ Illinois State
                  George Mason @ Northern Iowa
                  Northern Illinois @ Indiana State
                  Norfolk State @ Loyola
                  Drake @ DePaul

Should come out of that with 4 wins and 1 loss (Drake). No real RPI builders in that bunch but could be RPI killers if you lose at home to them.

Interestingly, Indiana State is apparently playing a non-conference home-and-home against Northern Illinois this year. They Sycamores lost 78-80 @ Northern Illinois to open the season. This is the Sycamores 1st D-1 home game of the season. I think they will turn the tables on NIU this time.

Comment

• I just noticed that Louisville dropped 4 spots after going 2-1 this weekend.

Comment

• ISUR up on IUPUI 44-29 at the half.

Louisville leads Purdue 33-19 at the half.

Comment

• UNI dieing by the 3. Losing to George Mason by 2 while shooting 20% from 3

Comment

• Note to self: Louisville is beating #15 Purdue by more than they beat us.

56-43 with 6:00 left in the game

Comment

• ISUR defeats IUPUI 77-63.

Comment

• Some barn burner halftime scores

Northern Illinois - 26
                              InSU - 24

Now: InSU up 35-29 16 left.

UNI - 28
                              GMU - 24
                              Now: UNI up 32-28, 17:30 left

Loyola broke 30

UL - 32
                              Norfolk State - 24

Now: UL up 47-46, 11 and change left.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Drake up 38-29 at the half at DePaul.

#BIGEAST
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X