16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Giacaletti may as well pack his bags and put a For Sale sign in front of his house.

Alaska-Anchorage - 64
    Drake - 49

6:20 left in the game.

Loyola hangin' on at NC State
    Loyola - 66
    NC State - 68

7:58 remaining.
    I watched the last five or so minutes of Drake losing a lead, and game, to Iona. They looked like a Div III team, just flailing about on the court. Just embarrassing. This truly is the league of the haves and the have-nots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      This is going to be a terrible year isn't it? I mean wsu and uni will be fine as usual, but I feel like it's been a pretty miserable start for the rest of the MVC. How many years will I keep having to say "maybe next year?"
      I know it's early, and RPI isn't valid yet.

Leagues currently ahead of the Valley in rpi include:

Patriot
      Sun Belt
      WAC

Yes, the WAC. UMKC is in a league that's higher rated than the MVC.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Loyola is not going to finish in the basement. Loyola might actually be a welcome surprise. Drake might not make it up to the basement. Illinois State is the real disappointment, along with a Bradley that just isn't improving.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          Loyola is not going to finish in the basement. Loyola might actually be a welcome surprise.
          loyola and indiana state

Comment

• The league has lost 14 straight games since Wednesday. How is that even possible?

The Valley f****** sucks.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              The league has lost 14 straight games since Wednesday. How is that even possible?

Wow. I didn't realize that. In all fairness, WSU had two really tough opponents, UNI played Xavier twice, Loyola played NC State, Indiana State damn near beat Iowa State and Stanford, that's eight really tough games right there. Evansville kinda crapped the bed, then there's Drake... So it's kind of a mixed bag of losses.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                I know it's early, and RPI isn't valid yet.

Leagues currently ahead of the Valley in rpi include:

Patriot
                Sun Belt
                WAC

Yes, the WAC. UMKC is in a league that's higher rated than the MVC.
                Wow. Sad day. I remember a decade ago when the valley was right outside of the power 5 in rankings. What a brutal decline it's been.

Comment

• Last season, wasn't there a conference game or two where the Shockers actually won the game but the RPI actually decreased/fell? Is this correct or is it an urban myth in my own mind?

Thank you for any responses.

Go Shocks!
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                    Last season, wasn't there a conference game or two where the Shockers actually won the game but the RPI actually decreased/fell? Is this correct or is it an urban myth in my own mind?

Thank you for any responses.

Go Shocks!
                    Happens frequently. A win against a poor opponent will often have a greater negative impact than a loss against a decent or good opponent.

RPIForecast has some neat breakdowns of the net impact each opponent has on a team's final RPI calculation. Drake, for example, is going to be an enormous anchor around our neck no matter how badly we beat them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      The league has lost 14 straight games since Wednesday. How is that even possible?

make it 15 straight losses, Sycamores just loss to winless Quinnipiac from the MAAC conference 80-77, another one possession loss. Unbelievable

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        Wow. I didn't realize that. In all fairness, WSU had two really tough opponents, UNI played Xavier twice, Loyola played NC State, Indiana State damn near beat Iowa State and Stanford, that's eight really tough games right there. Evansville kinda crapped the bed, then there's Drake... So it's kind of a mixed bag of losses.
                        Indiana State lost to Quinnipiac this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                          Indiana State lost to Quinnipiac this morning.
                          But Quinnipac is goo.........

Oh wait, forget it.

Comment

How many years will I keep having to say "maybe next year?"
                            Until the little patch that says "VALLEY" on our uniforms disappears.

Comment

• I thought last year was a low point for the conference when we got surpassed by the Summit, MAC, WCC, Big West, Colonial, MWC and A10... but it's looking like the MVC wants to see how much further down the cave can go.
                              Last edited by Dave Stalwart; November 27, 2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I thought last year was a low point for the conference when we got surpassed by the Summit, MAC, WCC, Big West, Colonial, MWC and A10... but it's looking like the MVC wants to see how much further down the cave can go.
                                Quote from the panther board ..

Three three that hurt are Wichita St, Indiana St, and Loyola all losing very close games to P5 teams in the last couple of days. Drake, etc, ehh...every conference has some weak teams. The MVC needs to win some of those games for the conference to be considered up, or having a good year as a whole.
                                Apparently getting curb stomped by Xavier is acceptable, but close losses to Top 15ish teams isn't

Comment

Working...
                                X