Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Quote from the panther board ..

Apparently getting curb stomped by Xavier is acceptable, but close losses to Top 15ish teams isn't
    Yeah, the MVC's highest ranked team in Kenpom by a factor of three sure is a drag on the conference.

Comment

• Just going to put this out there.... UNI has the only quality wins by the MVC. They are allowed to talk. WSU has beaten.....nobody. Played close (were capable of winning) with 2 top 25 teams, but just like we are all discouraged with Indy St, Loyola, etc for losing close ones....WSU did exactly the same.
      -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
        Just going to put this out there.... UNI has the only quality wins by the MVC. They are allowed to talk. WSU has beaten.....nobody. Played close (were capable of winning) with 2 top 25 teams, but just like we are all discouraged with Indy St, Loyola, etc for losing close ones....WSU did exactly the same.
        If ASU is a quality win .. So is LSU. The only "quality" win they have is OU. Which is TBD as to how good of quality that is.

WSU also doesn't have a 22 point loss ..that looks bad.. Really bad

Comment

• That 22 point loss is also to a team ranked higher than anyone WSU has played. OU is far and away better than any win on the WSU resume. I'm not trying to argue that WSU is a drag on the MVC. But to get upset with UNI lumping WSU into the group of 'close but no cigar' disappointing results is kind of moronic. We have pages upon pages of discussion about how disappointing it was to not get those wins.
          -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Colorado State beats Alcorn State today 80-58 for 7 home wins in a row. They play Colorado Wed. on the road before our game with them this coming weekend. They are now 5-1 this Season. Their only loss this Season thus far was a road loss to Stanford 56-49 which are details I found from their site.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
              That 22 point loss is also to a team ranked higher than anyone WSU has played. OU is far and away better than any win on the WSU resume. I'm not trying to argue that WSU is a drag on the MVC. But to get upset with UNI lumping WSU into the group of 'close but no cigar' disappointing results is kind of moronic. We have pages upon pages of discussion about how disappointing it was to not get those wins.
              If it's disappointing that we couldn't pull out a close game to the 10th ranked team it's really disappointing that after two shots at a team ranked exactly 1 spot higher they couldn't pull out a win (or just not get blown out)

Comment

• I'm trying to figure out what part of the post the Panther fan stated wasn't true.

I'm still trying.

Somebody help me.

Maybe you shouldn't stay camped out at other message boards looking for every perceived WSU slight if it's gonna rile you up that much. What he said was total fact, despite UNI getting shellacked by Xavier... (on the road).
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  I'm trying to figure out what part of the post the Panther fan stated wasn't true.

I'm still trying.

Somebody help me.

Maybe you shouldn't stay camped out at other message boards looking for every perceived WSU slight if it's gonna rile you up that much. What he said was total fact, despite UNI getting shellacked by Xavier... (on the road).
                  I'll help you .. If it's disappointing that we didn't get a Top 25 win then it's also disappointing that they didn't. Acting like WSUs losses are big misses, but UNIs aren't is my issue.

Comment

I'll help you .. If it's disappointing that we didn't get a Top 25 win then it's also disappointing that they didn't. Acting like WSUs losses are big misses, but UNIs aren't is my issue.
                    The way I interpreted it was the conference missed out on big wins against P5 schools by very close margins (WSU, INSU, LOY) and that having those wins would help the overall look of the conference. How in the world is that not true?

UNI still owns the conference's best win by far.

Where is the guy saying that those teams dragged the conference down?

Just dumb.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Last year, WSU's injuries hurt RPI as much as anything for the conference. The good teams have to deliver in the OOC and you need one bottom feeder to fake it until conference starts.

So UNI, WSU and one other team must be damn good. Someone else has to come out better than expectations (a la Indiana Stare a decade ago).

Comment

If it's disappointing that we couldn't pull out a close game to the 10th ranked team it's really disappointing that after two shots at a team ranked exactly 1 spot higher they couldn't pull out a win (or just not get blown out)
                        Nobody is saying the UNI results against Xavier aren't disappointing. The heart of the comment from the UNI board was about the close losses that could have gone in favor of the MVC. WSU is a main culprit there. If you want to say that WSU 'did good to be close', then by all means, set the bar low. I am very disappointed with the performances in the Bahamas as I feel like WSU should have handled MSU with any effort in the first half. And they could easily have had a chance to beat UL if they would have been prepared for the bright lights at all. Worst case I feel WSU should have been 1-1 in the big time matchups. WSU has 4 games on the schedule that offer true resume building wins. So far its 0-2. Now we are left with OU/OSU and hoping the results are in our favor and they go on to be solid in the Big 12. Colo St will be a decent RPI team, but likely to be a bubble vs bubble type of comparison.

GO SHOX!

Comment

• IMO the two losses the Shockers have suffered this season are due to HC3G being out-coached by Pitino (no preparation for a match-up zone) and Izzo did a better job during the course of the game. But this opinion does not shake my faith in HC3G or the Shockers; another 30 win season is there for the Shockers, let's play the games and see what comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                            IMO the two losses the Shockers have suffered this season are due to HC3G being out-coached by Pitino (no preparation for a match-up zone) and Izzo did a better job during the course of the game. But this opinion does not shake my faith in HC3G or the Shockers; another 30 win season is there for the Shockers, let's play the games and see what comes.
                            You may be right but you list no facts for Izzo outcosching Gregg. Izzo did win, after all. But without complete knowledge about what happened on the sidelines, it could just as easily be the players not implementing Gtrgg's instructions. For example, Smith's last shot was not implemented as drawn up. Smith improvised and it looked like the shot was early and at a range outside his comfort zone. We don't know what could have been however.

Comment

IMO the two losses the Shockers have suffered this season are due to HC3G being out-coached by Pitino (no preparation for a match-up zone) and Izzo did a better job during the course of the game. But this opinion does not shake my faith in HC3G or the Shockers; another 30 win season is there for the Shockers, let's play the games and see what comes.
                              Put on your fire retardant suit for that thought.....which I'm not sure I totally agree with, but I get your point....

Comment

I believe I'm with 1976 on this one. The one thing that has stuck with me all weekend, used to be Gregg would yank guys for not doing the little things....like say boxing out. How many guys got benched for not boxing out? I didn't see any get yanked immediately for that. If we are truly 10-12 deep, and 'if one guy isn't getting it done, there is another waiting to'...then why were there so many missed box outs? Basically it seemed to me that WSU was getting away from the little things that made them so successful over the years. And when Nurger is owning the post offensively....FORCE FEED THE BALL TO THE POST. When Stutz was here it was basically a mandate to get the post a touch on every possession, so I know coach is capable of making it a priority.

All that said, I 100% agree that 3G is still one of the best coaches in the country and that WSU has an opportunity to pile up the wins yet again. But if some of you on here need to learn that this team is not playing perfect, coach is not coaching perfect and that some of us are okay with calling them out on it. Its not all rainbows and unicorns here.

GO SHOX!

Comment

Working...
                                X