• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
    What would ShockerNet be without @MoValley John
    ShockerNet
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• So, Shaka's bunch has lost back-to-back games to Northwestern and Colorado. Not shameful, but not exactly a top-25 performance.

Oh, and UConn only leads Chaminade by one early in the 2nd half.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        There is no basketball without @MoValley John:
        That is not true. I'm a 52 year-old, slow, fat, white guy with no handles and couldn't hit the ocean even when I was young. Plenty of basketball without me.

How about Chaminade!
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          That is not true. I'm a 52 year-old, slow, fat, white guy with no handles and couldn't hit the ocean even when I was young. Plenty of basketball without me.

How about Chaminade!
          Could you walk on that water?
          Reaves could and get an assist!
          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
          - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

How about Chaminade!
            Chaminade put up a good fight, wouldn't want to be a UCONN fan right now 😬

Comment

• South Carolina State down at half to Syracuse 31-46. I'd tell you they were playing in South Carolina but I'm pretty sure no one would fall for it.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                South Carolina State down at half to Syracuse 31-46. I'd tell you they were playing in South Carolina but I'm pretty sure no one would fall for it.
                Not sure why it is important for programs like South Carolina State to try to maintain their programs at the D-1 level. They only have 2,950 students and their average home attendance for men's basketball last year was 351.

They did draw reasonably well for football with an average of a little over 15,629 over 5 games last year which is pretty good for FCS football. Must be that football is driving the decision to stay D-1.

They have no choice but to be fodder for the basketball big boys in the non-conference. It is the only way they can generate any significant revenue. More power to them for giving it the ol' college try I guess.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 22, 2016, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Not sure why it is important for programs like South Carolina State to try to maintain their programs at the D-1 level. They only have 2,950 students and their average home attendance for men's basketball last year was 351.

They did draw reasonably well for football with an average of a little over 15,629 over 5 games last year which is pretty good for FCS football. Must be that football is driving the decision to stay D-1.

They have no choice but to be fodder for the basketball big boys in the non-conference. It is the only way they can generate any significant revenue. More power to them for giving it the ol' college try I guess.
                  look at the numbers, even at sc state. 15,629 for football attendance when they have only 2,950 enrollment. is that right?

wichita, lawrence, durham, chapel hill, bloomington, spokane, lexington.. they value basketball, hugely ('would have added louisville, but their football team is so good this year, their sports message board is probably dominated by cardinals football over basketball). but mostly football is king by far.

we all know this. i'd just like to see wichita state rubber stamp it, their rare support, like those other teams, in a football world.. a national championship along with lawrence, durham, lexington etc.

it really seems doable.
                  Last edited by another shocker; November 22, 2016, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                    look at the numbers, even at sc state. 15,629 for football attendance when they have only 2,950 enrollment. is that right?
                    I got the football attendance number from the MEAC web site. The 2,950 enrollment was pulled from the SCS Men's Basketball Fact Sheet on their web site. Wikipedia shows the enrollment at 3,000. So as far as I know that is correct.

This year they have played 10 football games with only 3 of those at home. They have drawn 15,489, 11,157 and 7001 for an average of 12,169. They have 1 home game remaining in the regular season. They are 4-6 at this point so I assume they won't make the FCS playoffs this year. They took non-conference beatings at Central Florida (38-0), La Tech (53-24) and Clemson (59-0) to help with the budget.

Here is some ticket price information for SCS Football and Basketball
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 22, 2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Tulsa out to an early 8 point lead over Oregon State. ESPNN, ESPN3.

Comment

ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Tulsa's lead is 14 at the half.

Comment

Tulsa's lead is 14 at the half.
                            The ESPN game tracker has it at 15 (37-22). Is that incorrect?
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              The ESPN game tracker has it at 15 (37-22). Is that incorrect?
                              Showed 36 at the break. Must have corrected an error.

Comment

Showed 36 at the break. Must have corrected an error.
                                Lead down to 4 with 16 to play.
                                Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Working...
                                X