16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Anyone really still think WSU shouldn't want to play The Flagship this year? Jackson is quite a player, but they're only seven deep -- and that's assuming the bench stays out of orange jumpsuits the rest of the season -- so they may wear down a bit. And they can certainly be had.
    I would like to play KU every year. Tough to decide whether Zach gets put on Jackson or Mason.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Brown on Jackson... for sure. Would love to see that.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Jackson is a stud

Comment

• Brown on Jackson, McDuffie on Mason would be interesting, or the 2 could swap. Shamet on Graham. I'm not sweating any of those matchups.

Svi's height would give Conner trouble, but then he couldn't stay within 5 feet of Conner on the offensive end. For that and other reasons, Frankamp could absolutely light him up.

Nurger and Shaq could handle Lucas. Oh man, the thought of sending those entitled ******* home again gets my blood flowing.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Brown on Jackson, McDuffie on Mason would be interesting, or the 2 could swap. Shamet on Graham. I'm not sweating any of those matchups.

Svi's height would give Conner trouble, but then he couldn't stay within 5 feet of Conner on the offensive end. For that and other reasons, Frankamp could absolutely light him up.

Nurger and Shaq could handle Lucas. Oh man, the thought of sending those entitled ******* home again gets my blood flowing.
            Mason and Jackson are the key. They're tough to shut down, but we could do it!
            Livin the dream

Comment

Interesting rule I didn't know about. In the Louisville Miami game, Miami was out of timeouts and tried to call one while being double teamed and the shot clock running down and basically no hope of getting out of the double team.

Now their coach didn't want them to call a TO and you could read his lips "I told you we're out of timeouts!" but the result was just a one shot T, which Louisville missed, and then Miami got the ball out of bounds at the point of interruption.

I'm telling you, even if they made the FT, the result of stopping the clock, reorganizing, and getting the ball back was VERY MUCH worth the penalty.

In fact, just off the top of my head, I could see a scenario where I was down 1 or 2 points, with just a couple seconds on the clock and needing to take the ball the length of the court, throw the ball to half court, call a TO, the other team shoots 1 and I'm still down only 2 or 3 but at least I've got a much better shot at running a play to get a decent look at a game tying or winning shot.

Actually, this would have been an excellent idea for Texas Tech at the end of their game.
              The John McLeod-Garfield Heard play for Phoenix against the Celtics (1976, maybe? -- I'd have to check to be sure; I'm just remembering based on where I was when I saw it). And it worked even better in the NBA, because the Suns got to throw it in from midcourt, which made Heard's shot practical. Absolutely one of the most exciting moments I've ever seen, even though it didn't work out in the end, because I was rooting against the Celtics.

Comment

• I remember that well. Even as a child that was a spectacular game.

Comment

• Providences win over Butler might really help us out. Xavier losing to Nova might too but we will see. A loss to Nova hardly means you should drop.

Comment

• Houston beating Tulsa bad until Corey Hendu Jr goes off for 3 treys in a row....6pt game now.
                    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                    - said no one ever...

Comment

• Colorado State gets another victory taking care of Fresno State at home.
                      Michigan State now up on Iowa by 11 with about 7 to go.
                      South Dakota State loses by 2 at South Dakota.
                      The other Oklahoma schools aren't going to help us.

Steve Forbes and ETSU got their 20th win over Mercer.

Vanderbilt lost to Missouri by 20 which immediately removes their D1 status.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Good lord look at that lumberjack playing the 5 for Gonzaga. He would Shaqwall Shaq!

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          Steve Forbes and ETSU got their 20th win over Mercer.
                          Mercer is R'i'a'n' H'o'l'l'a'n'd's team. Pretty sure he's the leading scorer on the team for Mercer. In hindsight, I think it's unfortunate that he didn't just go to ETSU. He probably agrees at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            Mercer is R'i'a'n' H'o'l'l'a'n'd's team. Pretty sure he's the leading scorer on the team for Mercer. In hindsight, I think it's unfortunate that he didn't just go to ETSU. He probably agrees at this point.
                            RIan had 15 points, 1 assist and 3 steals. Tevin Glass had 8 points and 7 rebounds for ETSU. ETSU won by 17.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              Good lord look at that lumberjack playing the 5 for Gonzaga. He would Shaqwall Shaq!
                              Karnowski is 7'1", 300

They have some other large bodies

Ryan Edwards - 7'1", 295
                              Zach Collins - 7'0", 230
                              Jacob Larsen - 6'11", 227

I won't list their 6'10" guy - he only weighs 200
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Brown on Jackson, McDuffie on Mason would be interesting, or the 2 could swap. Shamet on Graham. I'm not sweating any of those matchups.

Yes, Doc, there are lots of cocky folks in NE Kansas, and all of our Beaker bandwagoners here -- but among prudent fans of The Flagship, you can bet that very few of them want to see WSU in the same regional with The Rug's Thugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X