16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    Talk about a serious pop - OU's RPI improved from 142 to 106 with the win.
    ...and West Virginia's plummets from around 23 to 42.
    2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
    2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
    2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
    2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
    The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• South Dakota State loses at IUPUI 83-85 in OT.
      Tulsa defeats Tulane 89-82.
      LSU trailing Auburn by 3 at halftime.
      Oklahoma State up 4 on K-Stare with 4 to go first half.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Why the RPI sucks?

OU beats WVA on the road....our RPI drops 2 spots.

Comment

• LSU goes down at Auburn 74-78.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• OSU down 71-68 to KSU.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Someone tell me that Oklahoma State played the game of their season against us. That's the last reassurance I need because I haven't seen anything resembling that sort of output and effort since.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Someone tell me that Oklahoma State played the game of their season against us. That's the last reassurance I need because I haven't seen anything resembling that sort of output and effort since.
                No doubt, they played out their asses that 'cold' night.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Wow, can't believe they won.
                  Their best player, Jordan Woodard was back and had 20 points, 4 rebounds, and 5 assists. The game was at West Virginia too.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Why the RPI sucks?

OSU lost at home, and who else lost tonight that we've played

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      OSU lost at home, and who else lost tonight that we've played

It's hard to tell what result is figured in and what isn't, but it appeared to drop 2 spots after the OU game went final, and ended up down 3 total on the day after the OSU loss.

Just from eyeballing it.

Comment

• The RPI free fall isn't over either...just turned on CSU getting pasted early at Fresno State.

Comment

• WSU's rpi is a non-factor. It's upper-70's or lower 80's lately with very little chance of changing much the rest of the year.

the Shox could win every game on the rest of the schedule and lose in the finals in St. Louis. If that happened, they'd have 5 losses on the season and an rpi in the 70's. that could be one of the worst rpi's in the history of teams with a 28-5 record.

While 28-5 is generally considered a lock for an at large, and WSU's recent reputation should enhance their chances of getting an at large at 28-5, the nation would absolutely come unglued if a team with a 70's rpi got in the tourney ahead of a P5 school with a losing record in their conference, but an rpi in the 50's.

Maybe the Shox could work their rpi into the 60's range, but the same thing would still happen.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

It's hard to tell what result is figured in and what isn't, but it appeared to drop 2 spots after the OU game went final, and ended up down 3 total on the day after the OSU loss.

Just from eyeballing it.
                            I haven't followed closely enough the last couple of days to know myself, but did you look at the actual RPI number rather than the rank? Sometimes the RPI can actually rise but the rank will fall (or vice versa) depending on what happens with other teams in the neighborhood. Not saying that's necessarily what happened tonight, just that it's better to look at the decimal figure instead of the rank to see actual impact.

Comment

Why the RPI sucks?

I'm sure the ugly mvc games tonight had something to do with it as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                While 28-5 is generally considered a lock for an at large, and WSU's recent reputation should enhance their chances of getting an at large at 28-5, the nation would absolutely come unglued if a team with a 70's rpi got in the tourney ahead of a P5 school with a losing record in their conference, but an rpi in the 50's.
                                I just don't get the selection committee. The most cynical person thinks the committee is interested primarily in TV ratings, right? Any given year, we can point to a number of match-ups or seedings that look like they were done with the purpose of guaranteeing good ratings.

But if the committee truly were interested in the best ratings, WSU would be a lock in years like this one. We have great ratings in the tournament because we have a lot of fans who tune in, we are known for doing damage in March, and we're always a little bit of a mystery because we play in the Valley. In your scenario, a 28-5 WSU team that loses in the finals of the MVC tournament should have better ratings than ever. It would be so controversial to have that team get in. KenPom would say we'd absolutely deserve to be in, but RPI would say the opposite. I guarantee people would tune in trying to figure us out.

The problem is that I have no faith the selection committee would do that. Which makes me question my tin-foil conspiracy theory that they only care about ratings. Therefore, my newest conspiracy theory is that the selection committee is only interested in working against WSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X