16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
    I think the 49ers could of played The Tar Heels closer than even the score indicated, but they had to take a Central Time Zone swing to get to us, and then within 48 hours had to tip off on East Coast time. LBS is better than that score revealed obviously.
    Once again, Beach's starting guards couldn't throw it in the ocean. Combined for 3/15 FG and 1/9 3FG.

Comment

• Apparently, Hinson went off on the Arkansas fans last night: http://deadspin.com/visiting-coach-s...not-1789039653

Comment

• barry gonna barry

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
          Apparently, Hinson went off on the Arkansas fans last night: http://deadspin.com/visiting-coach-s...not-1789039653
          Barry is the absolute best. SIUC is very fortunate to have him as their coach. His time was up in Springfield, but I do miss the press conferences and the random soundbites. Paul Lusk is pretty boring. College basketball needs more Barry Hinson personalities.

Also he is completely right: Arkansas fans do really suck. They think that everyone is conspiring against them. The University of Texas, the NCAA, and Pat Forde. I have been to several sporting events in Fayetteville and I typically wear a Maroon MSU shirt. You would not believe how much some of them start yelling at me about how much Mississippi State sucks. Learn to read, rednecks.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
            Barry is the absolute best. SIUC is very fortunate to have him as their coach. His time was up in Springfield, but I do miss the press conferences and the random soundbites. Paul Lusk is pretty boring. College basketball needs more Barry Hinson personalities.

Also he is completely right: Arkansas fans do really suck. They think that everyone is conspiring against them. The University of Texas, the NCAA, and Pat Forde. I have been to several sporting events in Fayetteville and I typically wear a Maroon MSU shirt. You would not believe how much some of them start yelling at me about how much Mississippi State sucks. Learn to read, rednecks.
            Barry should be a commentator/reporter, but doesn't appear to be a coach/recruiter.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post

They are probably just confused because the biggest words on your Maroon MSU shirt are "Wichita State"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Barry should be a commentator/reporter, but doesn't appear to be a coach/recruiter.
                Yeah, I'm thinking Barry needs to find a Mark Adams role somewhere and it wouldn't surprise me if that is where he ends up eventually.

Comment

• I want him at wsu. Not that we necessarily have a good job for him at the moment, but he'd be fun to have around. Not as a head coach but as just about anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    They are probably just confused because the biggest words on your Maroon MSU shirt are "Wichita State"
                    oh, my goodness, I'm STILL laughing!!!

Comment

Boom!
                      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

ZINGER!
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Why would he care about Arkansas' attendance? Quite frankly, I want their gym to bee less than 1/4 full every game. I want our coaches to use that fact against them and any other regional program in the recruiting process. We need every little edge we can get against Power 5 programs.

On the other hand, maybe he did this intentionally as he knew it would get air play nationally and hurt recruiting. That Barry is a sneaky bastard.
                          Last edited by KC Shox; November 16, 2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• KU fans on twitter claiming that their Win over Duke who was missing 3 of their best players pretty much guarantees them a 1 seed. Best .500 team EVER!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              KU fans on twitter claiming that their Win over Duke who was missing 3 of their best players pretty much guarantees them a 1 seed. Best .500 team EVER!!!!
                              They aren't wrong. Whether it should be that way or not is another discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                                Why would he care about Arkansas' attendance? Quite frankly, I want their gym to bee less than 1/4 full every game. I want our coaches to use that fact against them and any other regional program in the recruiting process. We need every little edge we can get against Power 5 programs.

On the other hand, maybe he did this intentionally as he knew it would get air play nationally and hurt recruiting. That Barry is a sneaky bastard.
                                I believe he was asked to comment on the crowd.

If you hear what appears to be a stupid answer from a coach during a presser, odds are someone from the press asked him a stupid question.

Comment

Working...
                                X