No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the deal. WSU just takes longer to get going. Early in the season, the big boys have their AAs that can take care of business and basically reach gheor cruising altitude faster than we do. But they burn all their fuel while the shox keep getting better at the end.

Buckle your seat belts for some turbulence on your decent, bitches! Shox are gonna catch youz l.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• West Virginia wins in double overtime putting another nail in Texas Tech's coffin.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Pitt beat #17 Florida State. FLASH! Facepalm has Pitt back in his last 4 in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          Pitt beat #17 Florida State. FLASH! Facepalm has Pitt back in his last 4 in.
          Nice 4th conference win in 14 tries. Elite.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The Big 12 is setting themselves up for massive failure again. Baylor is not a Top 5 team. KU is lucky to be a Top 5 team. But with the way the **** works itself out, they're both considered elite after today.

The Annual Big 12 Flameout Fest will be fun to watch again in a few weeks.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ETSU wins at Tennessee-Chattanooga 64-51. Now 22-6 overall, 11-4 in conference. Tevin Glass was 5-5 from the field for 10 points to go with 8 rebounds.

Mercer defeated The Citadel 89-78. Rian Holland had 5 three pointers on his way to 32 points. Also had 8 rebounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Nice 4th conference win in 14 tries. Elite.
                Pitt 4-10 in the ACC. The team just behind them just fired their coach.

Comment

• Pitt beating FSU is almost helpful. They are high enough at 17 that it won't quite reach us but they will drop some. To me, having a lot of shake up to confuse the voters about who belongs in the 20-25 range is very good for us this week. They all need to lose so the voters can just throw up their hands and say "I don't know, screw it, I'm putting WSU at #20"

Comment

• I watched the last 10 minutes or so of the Houston/SMU game in the hopes that Houston would take out #19.

If you can believe it, the refs in that game make the refs we see in the valley look good - REALLY good. Houston absolutely cannot get a call and the refs are calling EVERYTHING! Just get into the paint and it's an automatic whistle - especially at one end of the court.

SMU is 20/26 from the line
                    Houston is 5/11

Four guys from Houston have fouled out. Game just ended. SMU was 17/23 from the line before Houston started fouling late.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      I watched the last 10 minutes or so of the Houston/SMU game in the hopes that Houston would take out #19.

If you can believe it, the refs in that game make the refs we see in the valley look good - REALLY good. Houston absolutely cannot get a call and the refs are calling EVERYTHING! Just get into the paint and it's an automatic whistle - especially at one end of the court.

SMU is 20/26 from the line
                      Houston is 5/11

Four guys from Houston have fouled out. Game just ended. SMU was 17/23 from the line before Houston started fouling late.
                      It's better for us that SMU won. Houston was in a position to climb back on the bubble with a win.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• OU pulling away in the 1st half. Hope they can keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
                          OU pulling away in the 1st half. Hope they can keep it up!
                          Don't count on OU til you see what the score is late.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                            Don't count on OU til you see what the score is late.
                            I guess I'll change the channel and watch the 3 pt shooting contest on TNT. 🙄

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
                              OU pulling away in the 1st half. Hope they can keep it up!
                              Don't worry they'll blow it.
                              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                The Big 12 is setting themselves up for massive failure again. Baylor is not a Top 5 team. KU is lucky to be a Top 5 team. But with the way the **** works itself out, they're both considered elite after today.

The Annual Big 12 Flameout Fest will be fun to watch again in a few weeks.
                                This was put out by ESPN Stats and Information today around 3:00 PM: AP Top-4 teams have lost 20 times this season. Baylor is responsible for 5 of those losses

See it here, at least for now.

Can somebody help me out with this??? AP Top 4 teams, not counting Baylor, has only 8 losses. The Top 7 teams not counting Baylor has 20 losses, but the best I can figure is that Baylor did win 2 of those 20 games. Now Baylor being #4 in the AP does HAVE 5 losses of the 10 losses the Top 4 have.

What am I missing here?

Comment

Working...
                                X