No announcement yet.

WSU vs. Oklahoma State, December 17th @ IBA - Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two season tickets here, in a SASO level where that is also the denominator. Got a letter and code for up to four.

So I guess the IBA drama has now moved from passcode security to head-scratchy math.

Comment

My employer is a very long time super guardian supporter with 8 season tickets. They were allowed to buy up to 8 ticket for the IBA game. We received their letter today but the ticket office initially contacted them by telephone last week and took their order. They were fine with that.

I doubt that they will have any interest in buying any additional tickets post-code window. I would think most of the prime IBA tickets will be absorbed during the prime season ticket buying period, but hopefully non-season ticket holders will be able to score some reasonable decent seats.

I think it was the Southern Mississippi game where I was within 2 or 3 rows of the very top row but right on the center court. They weren't terrible seats although the steepness of the upper bowl can be an issue for some. The perspective was quite different that what I am used to but was kind of interesting in that you could really see the movement and flow of play in a more panoramic fashion then you can in the lower bowl.

Comment

same here, but i cant buy till the 12th
        Originally posted by grudkin View Post
        Nosebleed last row level donor with two season tickets - can buy four.

Comment

Has anybody inquired of the ticket office why they cannot purchase a number of tickets equal to their season tickets, but others can purchase a quantity greater than their season ticket holding?
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            Has anybody inquired of the ticket office why they cannot purchase a number of tickets equal to their season tickets, but others can purchase a quantity greater than their season ticket holding?
            It is necessary to instill the required level of controversy to the process

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              My guess is that Priority Points aren't always proportional to the number of season basketball tickets you hold. Someone with 2 season tickets might have many more priority points then someone with 4 season tickets. This could happen, for example, if the fan holding 2 season tickets was a very long-time season ticket holder and the fan holding 4 tickets was a relatively short-term season ticket holder. Also, the 2 season ticket holder may have made large contributions to other WSU programs or departments outside of men's basketball and the 4 season ticket holder does nothing outside of men's basketball to grow their priority points.

As I said just a guess. May not even be close to right though.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 6, 2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                My guess is that Priority Points aren't always proportional to the number of season basketball tickets you hold. Someone with 2 season tickets might have many more priority points then someone with 4 season tickets. This could happen, for example, if the fan holding 2 season tickets was a very long-time season ticket holder and the fan holding 4 tickets was a relatively short-term season ticket holder. Also, the 2 season ticket holder may have made large contributions to other WSU programs or departments outside of men's basketball and the 4 season ticket holder does nothing outside of men's basketball to grow their priority points. <br>
                <br>
                As I said just a guess. May not even be close to right though.
                I did call, You are right. I was told it has nothing to do with how many tickets you have at Koch. But the amount of points.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                  It is necessary to instill the required level of controversy to the process
                  Lol!
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I will give my analogy for anyone upset that they don't get enough tickets, or think they were slighted in any way. Whipper snappers under the age of 50 may not understand, but here goes.

I don't think the Wichita State athletic department wants anyone to not get a ticket, or as many tickets as they want for the upcoming game. That said, they want to accomplish two goals, take care of their season ticket holders, at the same time, sell out the arena. There are only 15,000 seats, and far fewer really good seats. So, they have meetings, look at charts and graphs, and come up with a formula that is mostly fair, rewards loyalty, and helps the promoter sell the game out.

At the end of the day, no method is perfect, but they did the best they could. The unhappy people are just like the stars in the classic epic comedy, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Mad World! In the movie, Jimmy Durante runs his car off a cliff. There were eight people that witnessed the wreck and stopped to help. Milton Berle, Buddy Hackett and Jonathon Winters were among those that stopped to help and listen to Durante explain where a huge chunk of money hidden and buried. With the prospect of splitting 350 grand, they discussed how to split the money in the fairest manner. Splitting eight ways was unfair because husbands and wives got too much. Dividing it by each car at the scene shorted some, and weighing the split based on any other logic simply pissed some people off. They all decided to go it alone and whomever discovered the money got it all. In the end, they happened upon the money at the same time, revelry ensued, and nobody got anything. Their only reward was watching Ethel Merman slip on a banana peel.

There isn't a perfect way, so you get what you get and understand that the athletic department does the best they can to accomodate the most people fairly. That, or you could search for a treasure chest full of tickets, buried under a big W.

Come to think of it, the big W and Wichita State works kind of well together! Sorry to you young gen x'ers that have no idea what movie I just referenced.
                    Last edited by MoValley John; October 6, 2016, 05:32 PM.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      I will give my analogy for anyone upset that they don't get enough tickets, or think they were slighted in any way. Whipper snappers under the age of 50 may not understand, but here goes.

I don't think the Wichita State athletic department wants anyone to not get a ticket, or as many tickets as they want for the upcoming game. That said, they want to accomplish two goals, take care of their season ticket holders, at the same time, sell out the arena. There are only 15,000 seats, and far fewer really good seats. So, they have meetings, look at charts and graphs, and come up with a formula that is mostly fair, rewards loyalty, and helps the promoter sell the game out.

At the end of the day, no method is perfect, but they did the best they could. The unhappy people are just like the stars in the classic epic comedy, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Mad World! In the movie, Jimmy Durante runs his car off a cliff. There were eight people that witnessed the wreck and stopped to help. Milton Berle, Buddy Hackett and Jonathon Winters were among those that stopped to help and listen to Durante explain where a huge chunk of money hidden and buried. With the prospect of splitting 350 grand, they discussed how to split the money in the fairest manner. Splitting eight ways was unfair because husbands and wives got too much. Dividing it by each car at the scene shorted some, and weighing the split based on any other logic simply pissed some people off. They all decided to go it alone and whomever discovered the money got it all. In the end, they happened upon the money at the same time, revelry ensued, and nobody got anything. Their only reward was watching Ethel Merman slip on a banana peel.

There isn't a perfect way, so you get what you get and understand that the athletic department does the best they can to accomodate the most people fairly. That, or you could search for a treasure chest full of tickets, buried under a big W.

Come to think of it, the big W and Wichita State works kind of well together! Sorry to you young gen x'ers that have no idea what movie I just referenced.

never watched it

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

When I was a kid, I thought that was the funniest movie ever made.

Comment

The stated policies are being enforced so far. Bring your letter and a photo ID if you go to Intrust to buy your tickets.
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Disappointing that you can't select your tickets when purchasing online, nor can you break up tickets. Had to buy mine all in one row instead of the usual 2 on top of 2 on an aisle.

Better, but still frustrating that you can't pick your own seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker3435 View Post
                              Disappointing that you can't select your tickets when purchasing online, nor can you break up tickets. Had to buy mine all in one row instead of the usual 2 on top of 2 on an aisle.

Better, but still frustrating that you can't pick your own seats.
                              No problem doing so at the Intrust Arena box office.
                              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                                No problem doing so at the Intrust Arena box office.
                                Do you get stuck with the 10.15/ ticket fee if you go the Box office?

Comment

Working...
                                X