WSU vs. Oklahoma State, December 17th @ IBA - Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
    I get that all the season ticket holders want prime, pre sale access to tickets. But what about people like me?
    A graduate and die hard fan of the Shockers early in his career with a wife and two young children who cant afford 2-4 season tickets?

Im just about priced out of Koch arena and feel lucky when I get my hands on 4 tickets there. The games at Intrust are one of the few me and a small group go and sit in the lower bowl for fairly cheap due to having friends who give a code.
    It feels like big money always wins and we may not get lower bowl seats this year. We are some of the loudest fans there. We usually sit so close we yell funny things at opposing teams and often they will look our way afterwards. Its always been a fun tradition the last 4 years.

I think it would be great to have no presale, and open it up to the fans on a saturday morning, first come, first serve at our lovely arena that was paid for by the community (and not necessarily just season ticket holders)
    I'm sure I'm going to get roasted by other season ticket holders but wanted to express my thoughts.
    Go Shockers

Just ask a season ticket holder to purchase two tickets for you.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I wouldn't mind if they eliminated the ability to purchase extra tickets.

If you eliminate one of the best games of the year from the season ticket package and then sell those tickets without a presale, you'd have a riot on your hands, and rightfully so.

I am a season ticket holder and I have always sat in the upper bowl. If people are that big of fans, and worried about pricing, then don't complain about not getting lower bowl tickets. Being in the arena should be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        This game used to be a part of our season ticket package and we didn't get anything except for our allotted tickets. However, we now have to pay the same amount for our season tickets and in addition, pay for this too. I'm not BIG MONEY but do feel like I deserve the tickets I've paid for prior to the general public. I understand that others want to see the Shockers too. It's not easy for me to afford the season tickets but I haven't stopped paying due to the fact that if you give them up, it'll be more difficult to buy your way back. I guess it's a dilemma for season ticket holders/SASO members and other fans too.
        Also when you have a "open" sale, a very large chunk of the tickets end up in resellers hands. A coded pre-sale helps (doesn't prevent) that. There is big business in reselling event tickets. This way the people that donate to the program have a much better chance to get tickets. You want to be assure lower bowl tickets? Pay the price. Either donate and get season tickets, or buy them up on the secondary markets for the ones that slip through.

Though I agree about the amount of tickets. Limit it to the number you have donated for. I say that as someone that benefited last year from being able to buy more than I donated for.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          This game used to be a part of our season ticket package and we didn't get anything except for our allotted tickets. However, we now have to pay the same amount for our season tickets and in addition, pay for this too. I'm not BIG MONEY but do feel like I deserve the tickets I've paid for prior to the general public. I understand that others want to see the Shockers too. It's not easy for me to afford the season tickets but I haven't stopped paying due to the fact that if you give them up, it'll be more difficult to buy your way back. I guess it's a dilemma for season ticket holders/SASO members and other fans too.
          I completely agree that you should have first crack at your allotment of tickets. I don't like it, but only because I'm not a season ticket holder. I'm just disagree about the extra tickets beyond that regular allotment. I'm not mad at any of the season ticket holders, nor can I say for certain that my view wouldn't change if I was one. I'm just stating my personal opinion as someone that only wishes he were a season ticket holder. I was fortunate enough to go to all the home games last year (minus one when I was in Las Vegas) as well as the MVC tourney, so I don't think being a season ticket holder makes someone a bigger fan, but I do understand the money/business side of it as well, and there has to be money generated, and the more the better.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Because the game is not part of the season ticket package, season ticket holders should get first dibs at tickets for Intrust games. That is fair to them as supporters of the program and the people who make its success possible financially. However, they should not get an unlimited amount of tickets--that is not fair to the countless other fans who almost never get to see the Shox play because Koch is too small. Compromise, which apparently is a lost concept in this country, is where no one gets everything they want, but everyone gets something.

But the Athletic Department needs to figure out a compromise, and the fans needs to be OK with it, because more than just one game per season needs to happen at Intrust--and within the season ticket package--and I think there's support for that within the Athletic Department.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

As a season ticket holder, I would be completely OK with only being allowed to get the same quantity of tickets on presale as i have as season tickets.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

This convo is nearing dead horse status historically on SN, but I've always said I'm fine with either tiered presales (the legitimate and effective kind, not the messes we've had previously), OR a simple free-for-all like most sporting and entertainment events. What I'm not cool with as a low totem season ticket holder is getting boned by an ineffective system that allows friends/employees/acquaintances of the higher ranked SASO members to jump in line in front of me, when they otherwise likely contribute nothing to the University.

Also, I think it is perfectly logical to tie IBA ticket purchasing volumes with what your SASO level allows, and the rest goes to general public. Not a hill I'm interested in dying on though, nor something that bothers me that much.

Comment

It sounds like they are going to limit season ticket holders to double their numbers. Let's see what happens with this modification. I predict that there will be some lower bowl tickets for a day or two. So be ready to pick up your tickets on Saturday. But if you wait, it may be a "you snooze, you lose" scenario. Not 100% of season holders will go to the game. If they end up not selling out, that is a problem too. I still think Shocker basketball is a hot enough ticket and OSU still an attractive enough opponent for a sell out result. Good Luck everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                    Because the game is not part of the season ticket package, season ticket holders should get first dibs at tickets for Intrust games. That is fair to them as supporters of the program and the people who make its success possible financially. However, they should not get an unlimited amount of tickets--that is not fair to the countless other fans who almost never get to see the Shox play because Koch is too small. Compromise, which apparently is a lost concept in this country, is where no one gets everything they want, but everyone gets something.

But the Athletic Department needs to figure out a compromise, and the fans needs to be OK with it, because more than just one game per season needs to happen at Intrust--and within the season ticket package--and I think there's support for that within the Athletic Department.
                    Per the article, a compromise has already been reached.

Invested season ticket holders deserve priority. It's not even a question. If you start messing with that piece, then the whole damn Jenga block comes crashing down.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

No system will ever work. Somebody will always find SOMETHING to complain about.
                      ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                      www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
                        No system will ever work. Somebody will always find SOMETHING to complain about.
                        THERE'S NOT ENOUGH PARKING!

[/sarcasm]
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Tipoff is at 6 PM & TV coverage is ESPN3 per MVC release. Other tip times listed, too.

http://cdn.streamlinetechnologies.co...lease_ESPN.pdf

Comment

I just got my presale info today. I can purchase double the number of tickets I have at Koch. There is a full day though on the 14th that season ticket holders can buy unlimited tickets before the general public can on the 15th.

Comment

So I guess I am the upset season ticket holder. Have 6 season tickets and am a guardian giver with season tickets for 16 years. This year it says I can only buy 4 with my pass. Guess 2 of the kids under 8 will have to sit by themselves.

Comment

I assume this year's passwords are not "SHAQ" or something similar? I'm still skeptical the passwords are all different and will only work once for "X" number of tickets.

Comment

Working...
                                X