WSU vs. Oklahoma State, December 17th @ IBA - Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    Either I'm misunderstanding something, or the "second chance" is just another opportunity for the season ticket holders to turn into scalpers.
    I get your point now.

Look, I mostly try to be a decent person. I believe we should be good stewards of our blessings. But I also believe, in this instance, that the supporters of the program should get the opportunity to buy and use, if not an unlimited amount of tickets, a good deal more than their season tickets, before the general public does. It has nothing to do with screwing the average guy. It's just my opinion.

NOW, I am completely against me being allowed to buy an extra 50 tickets over my 8 allotted and then put them on the secondary market. That's total bullshit.

I'd be all for a substantial punishment for anyone doing that, and it wouldn't be that hard to track. Not cool.

Comment

Again, the second chance window will be very tight since the presale ends on Friday for season ticket holders and the sale to the general public opens on Saturday morning. A few will cherry pick a **** ton of seats in the 16th row of a corner section in the lower bowl during that second chance window, I suppose, but those tickets aren't really scalpable (not worth scalping would be a better way to put it) and I don't see a bunch of folks who already have tickets just DYING to get their hands on blocks of shittier seats over the internet on a Friday night.

It will be a non-issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Perhaps we are so not mid-major that we understand Oklahoma State sucked last year, was 180 in the RPI, and is not a big draw. They were literally worse than Missouri State.

I am excited about this series though. It just makes sense, geographically. And they did still have an RPI of 180 despite going 12-20 and being worse than MSU.
        Yeah they were...

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          That will be HUGE.

With no limit in previous years, it will be interesting to see what sales are like as they go through the process of seeing to the season ticket holders.

I'll be a little short this year it appears but that's ok by me.
          I'm only 5'9" myself

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            Again, the second chance window will be very tight since the presale ends on Friday for season ticket holders and the sale to the general public opens on Saturday morning. A few will cherry pick a **** ton of seats in the 16th row of a corner section in the lower bowl during that second chance window, I suppose, but those tickets aren't really scalpable (not worth scalping would be a better way to put it) and I don't see a bunch of folks who already have tickets just DYING to get their hands on blocks of shittier seats over the internet on a Friday night.

It will be a non-issue.
            I hope this is the most accurate statement about the issue.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I too think this game should sell out. We all love watching the Shockers play a Big 12 opponent, even if they suck by Big 12 standards. Remember Texas Tech a while ago in Koch Arena? We were a bunch of savages that game.

I'll be making the trip from OKC. Wouldn't miss it.

Comment

I was talking to my boss this morning (season ticket holder), and he asked me if I knew when he should expect to see the codes come out, and if they'd be sent by mail or email or what (also a bit forgetful). I told him I have no idea. For those you who have season tickets and have been through this before, can you help me answer his question?

Comment

I was talking to my boss this morning (season ticket holder), and he asked me if I knew when he should expect to see the codes come out, and if they'd be sent by mail or email or what (also a bit forgetful). I told him I have no idea. For those you who have season tickets and have been through this before, can you help me answer his question?
                  Should be coming in the mail anytime now...
                  78-65

Comment

You can call the ticket office and they will tell you if you care more than me...but in the past it has been the week before the presale starts, so probably around Oct 3.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                      IRemember Texas Tech a while ago in Koch Arena? We were a bunch of savages that game.
                      They were also like 9-0 and ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        They were also like 9-0 and ranked.
                        They were ranked? Guess I didn't remember that.

Comment

Yes, 9-0 and #16 coming in. They then fell off the cliff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E...asketball_team
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I get that all the season ticket holders want prime, pre sale access to tickets. But what about people like me?
                            A graduate and die hard fan of the Shockers early in his career with a wife and two young children who cant afford 2-4 season tickets?

Im just about priced out of Koch arena and feel lucky when I get my hands on 4 tickets there. The games at Intrust are one of the few me and a small group go and sit in the lower bowl for fairly cheap due to having friends who give a code.
                            It feels like big money always wins and we may not get lower bowl seats this year. We are some of the loudest fans there. We usually sit so close we yell funny things at opposing teams and often they will look our way afterwards. Its always been a fun tradition the last 4 years.

I think it would be great to have no presale, and open it up to the fans on a saturday morning, first come, first serve at our lovely arena that was paid for by the community (and not necessarily just season ticket holders)
                            I'm sure I'm going to get roasted by other season ticket holders but wanted to express my thoughts.
                            Go Shockers

Comment

Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
                              I get that all the season ticket holders want prime, pre sale access to tickets. But what about people like me?
                              A graduate and die hard fan of the Shockers early in his career with a wife and two young children who cant afford 2-4 season tickets?

Im just about priced out of Koch arena and feel lucky when I get my hands on 4 tickets there. The games at Intrust are one of the few me and a small group go and sit in the lower bowl for fairly cheap due to having friends who give a code.
                              It feels like big money always wins and we may not get lower bowl seats this year. We are some of the loudest fans there. We usually sit so close we yell funny things at opposing teams and often they will look our way afterwards. Its always been a fun tradition the last 4 years.

I think it would be great to have no presale, and open it up to the fans on a saturday morning, first come, first serve at our lovely arena that was paid for by the community (and not necessarily just season ticket holders)
                              I'm sure I'm going to get roasted by other season ticket holders but wanted to express my thoughts.
                              Go Shockers
                              Your opinion is very similar to mine, and neither of them mean a thing to the people that are making sure the big money stays happy. I don't necessarily mind a presale, but I don't agree that the season ticket holders should be able to buy more tickets during presale than they have purchased for the games at Koch. I've heard many say it should be part of the season ticket package. If that were the case, would they expect to get 8 tickets to this game if they buy 4 for the Koch games?

Comment

Your opinion is very similar to mine, and neither of them mean a thing to the people that are making sure the big money stays happy. I don't necessarily mind a presale, but I don't agree that the season ticket holders should be able to buy more tickets during presale than they have purchased for the games at Koch. I've heard many say it should be part of the season ticket package. If that were the case, would they expect to get 8 tickets to this game if they buy 4 for the Koch games?

This game used to be a part of our season ticket package and we didn't get anything except for our allotted tickets. However, we now have to pay the same amount for our season tickets and in addition, pay for this too. I'm not BIG MONEY but do feel like I deserve the tickets I've paid for prior to the general public. I understand that others want to see the Shockers too. It's not easy for me to afford the season tickets but I haven't stopped paying due to the fact that if you give them up, it'll be more difficult to buy your way back. I guess it's a dilemma for season ticket holders/SASO members and other fans too.

Comment

Working...
                                X