WSU vs. Oklahoma State, December 17th @ IBA - Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs. Oklahoma State, December 17th @ IBA - Tickets

Per Sully's article today, the AD has taken steps to try to remedy the code issues of recent seasons. The plan sounds solid but I suppose we will see how everything unfolds.

Presale will take place October 10-14, with tickets on sale to the general public October 15. The window will be shorter this year (in past seasons the sales window opened up ~1-2 months earlier than this season). It will be interesting to see if this one sells out.

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    Per Sully's article today, the AD has taken steps to try to remedy the code issues of recent seasons. The plan sounds solid but I suppose we will see how everything unfolds.

Presale will take place October 10-14, with tickets on sale to the general public October 15. The window will be shorter this year (in past seasons the sales window opened up ~1-2 months earlier than this season). It will be interesting to see if this one sells out.
    They also appear to be trying to limit the number you can buy based on priority points.

Comment

That will be HUGE.

With no limit in previous years, it will be interesting to see what sales are like as they go through the process of seeing to the season ticket holders.

I'll be a little short this year it appears but that's ok by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        They also appear to be trying to limit the number you can buy based on priority points.
        yah, to 4,6, or 8, which appears to mean twice as many season tickets as you have (I hope I'm wrong), which while probably still better than the **** show from last year, sucks for everybody that isn't a season ticket holder. They should be given priority to buy as many seats and as good of seats as they have for every other game.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

A one-time use code tied somehow to SASO level ticket volume purchasing ability would have made sense after the first year the mess happened, but I'm glad such a common sense approach is being used now.

Comment

I'm good with limiting ticket sales to your owned seats. Could make sitting next to other season ticket holders you would like to sit next to difficult, but I think it's worth the other improvements to the process. It's always going to be imperfect trying to fit a round peg into an oval hole, but I'd be glad to see them eliminate the 'wild west' component that has been going on the past couple of years.

Comment

I'm not wild about the part where they get a 2nd chance to order as many tickets as they wish before the general public. They are already getting a benefit from their priority points to get prime seats. Now they get two?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                I'm not wild about the part where they get a 2nd chance to order as many tickets as they wish before the general public. They are already getting a benefit from their priority points to get prime seats. Now they get two?
                I haven't seen that part. If that's the case, then it's actually very little improvement (if any) over previous years.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  I haven't seen that part. If that's the case, then it's actually very little improvement (if any) over previous years.
                  It's still an improvement. Season ticket holders will get tickets first. Then, all bets are off with the next batch. But with the one-time use code, at least non-season ticket holders won't be buying seats before season ticket holders.
                  78-65

Comment

The 2nd chance window will have to be very short (like 2 hours) on late Friday afternoon/early Friday evening since the public sale starts the following day. By then, the best seats will be picked over anyway.

I'll be surprised if they sell more than 500 tickets total during that additional purchase period.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      It's still an improvement. Season ticket holders will get tickets first. Then, all bets are off with the next batch. But with the one-time use code, at least non-season ticket holders won't be buying seats before season ticket holders.
                      I agreed with this until I saw Royal's post about them getting their first shot, and then getting a second shot at as many as they want before the gp gets a shot. Looks a lot like StubHub could be the option again. Of course, maybe there won't be quite as much demand considering the guys we lost.

Comment

Unfortunately, they needed to do this the last 2 years. That's when demand was at it's peak. OSU will be a good draw, but I have a strong feeling we won't have a sellout this year. I also expect the lower level not to be sold out by the time tickets are available on the IBA presale...they might even still be some left when the regular sale starts.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                          Completely disagree. It protects the season-ticket holders with low priority points who waited and used their code at the correct time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            Completely disagree. It protects the season-ticket holders with low priority points who waited and used their code at the correct time.
                            Read Royal's post, the one that I quoted. If it's true, it doesn't protect anyone. It just gives them a second opportunity to suck up as many tickets as they want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              It's always going to be imperfect trying to fit a round peg into an oval hole, but I'd be glad to see them eliminate the 'wild west' component that has been going on the past couple of years.
                              +1

Squeezing 10k season ticket holders into 7000 lower bowl seats is just never going to make everyone happy. This is a large step forward, and I will give credit to new Athletic Director Boatright for making it happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X