WSU vs. Oklahoma State, December 17th @ IBA - Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MBB123 View Post
    I got there about 9:00 and was out the door at 10:07. 10 people ahead of me. Got the 4 seats we wanted in the general area. Worked well for me.
    I went about 1130 and there was 2 other at box office windows and a 3rd window was free. I ended up getting Row B of 212. Not bad seats at all for 14 bucks each.

Comment

• Just got mine at 5:00 at IBA. Chose four seats in upper deck section 214 row h for $22 a seat. They said only the $14, $22, & $27 seats remain.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        I'm not a fan of them releasing the public presale at the same time.. But it is what it is
        Why not? This is probably going to be a pretty unpopular opinion on here, but the season ticket holders had an entire 4 days to get a good amount of tickets. At some point the rest of the public needs a shot. Pretty greedy thinking otherwise.

Just because someone isn't a basketball season ticket holder doesn't mean they don't support the University just as much in other ways. I know plenty of people who are die hard WSU fans (and alumni) who live out of Wichita that can't feasibly get season tickets to basketball and the Intrust game is really the only chance they have to see a game in person. But sure, it's unfair for them to get a shot at decent seats at 10am on Friday instead of Saturday.

Comment

• Some people have 4 days. Some folks had 12 hours. I don't really mind this policy, but the season ticket holders absolutely need protected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            I'm not a fan of them releasing the public presale at the same time.. But it is what it is
            Also not a fan of releasing a public pre sale code. season ticket holders should absolutely be rewarded for their contributions to the program.

Comment

• While season ticket holders are important, this isn't technically a home game. That's why I am confused by how they handle it. If it is a home game, include it in the season ticket package. If it isn't, then treat it as such.

How does KU handle their games at Sprint? Just curious.

Comment

• This year seems to be the perfect way to handle it... As a season ticket holder since graduation I have no issue with the process.

I am as excited as ever for the IBA game and it is always a highlight for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                  While season ticket holders are important, this isn't technically a home game. That's why I am confused by how they handle it. If it is a home game, include it in the season ticket package. If it isn't, then treat it as such.

Natty problem. I don't see what the big deal is about giving season ticket holders first shot for their number of tickets. If 80% of them buy tickets, that still leaves 7,000 for those non-season ticket holders. The difficulty in making it part of the package is there are those 20%, perhaps, that do not wish to go to IBA for parking, seat location, whatever reason and placing the remaining 8,000 from a circular arena into a rectangular arena makes it impossible to satisfy the sight-lines of the 8,000.

Season tickets, by and large, are long-time supporters; the non-season ticket holders may very well be just as loyal a supporter, but could show better by filling up IBA when given the opportunity.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

While season ticket holders are important, this isn't technically a home game.
                    Well. That's not true. Technically it is a home game. The NCAA treats it as such for all purposes. The fact that it isn't a game at CKA and included in the season ticket package is the biggest reason season ticket holders need protected. I recall season ticket prices going up for the past 6 years, not down. You don't take away a home game ticket, and usually one of the top 2 home games of the year, and then not give your long-time supporters an advantage to get tickets to that game.

There are very big WSU basketball fans out there that don't have season tickets, for myriad of reasons. But the season ticket holders have put their money where their mouth is, and it is smart to not penalize them for that. At the end of the day, as a season ticket holder, I'm STILL having to shell out an extra chunk of cash to see a game that used to be included in the season ticket package.

It has not been hard to get tickets to the IBA game. Frankly, it's not that hard to get a ticket to a game at CKA if you're willing to look around a little bit.

At the end of the day, I think it's hard to argue they got it right this year. Glad to see them keep tweaking the system til they got it right.
                    Last edited by Cdizzle; October 14, 2016, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Well I'll be there tomorrow morning purchasing tickets and I'm hoping I get some good seats which I doubt. :(

Comment

While season ticket holders are important, this isn't technically a home game. That's why I am confused by how they handle it. If it is a home game, include it in the season ticket package. If it isn't, then treat it as such.

Isn't it considered a home game by everyone including the NCAA? They just pulled the game out of the season ticket package. Hard to remap the seats from Koch to IBA. If you tried, you definitely would end up with complaints. Easiest way is to not include it in the season ticket package.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
                          Well I'll be there tomorrow morning purchasing tickets and I'm hoping I get some good seats which I doubt. :(
                          Don't forget you can buy today in 30 min! The public code is DOWNTOWN on the website. (its online only today .. so you have to pay those ridiculous fees). I wouldn't expect many good seats to be left tomorrow. Pretty much the entire lower bowl is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by 12eagle View Post
                            Also not a fan of releasing a public pre sale code. season ticket holders should absolutely be rewarded for their contributions to the program.
                            I feel like they should have at least given season ticket holders a couple of hours today to buy the extra tickets they wanted. Say like from 10am to 12 is season ticket holder presale code. From 12pm-10pm its general public presale.

Comment

• Not working for anyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrunner101 View Post
                                Not working for anyone else?
                                Just keep refreshing. I was able to get in to pick up some extras at about 10 after 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X