WSU vs. Oklahoma State, December 17th @ IBA - Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    Read Royal's post, the one that I quoted. If it's true, it doesn't protect anyone. It just gives them a second opportunity to suck up as many tickets as they want to.
    Sure it does. It keeps someone like me with day 1 crack at tickets from buying 50 of the best seats like I did last 2 seasons.

(Maybe not 50, but 30 plus of the best tickets I could click).

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Sure it does. It keeps someone like me with day 1 crack at tickets from buying 50 of the best seats like I did last 2 seasons.

(Maybe not 50, but 30 plus of the best tickets I could click).
      So now you have to wait until the rest of the season ticket holders get their shot, and then you get to buy your 30 or however many tickets? I guess that protects the season ticket holders prioritized behind you from you doing that in front of them, but it doesn't protect anyone else. It's the same either way for the non-season ticket holders correct? Or am I misreading something? GP gets nothing more than leftovers that season ticket holders don't want, and that number can shrink dramatically depending on how many dozen season ticket holders decide to overbuy.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

This is the best (if not, it's pretty close) way to do it, even though I will not get seats as good as the ones I got last year. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I think it'll still sell out, but maybe not until December. We may see more OSU fans than past IBA games.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out the second chance deal. I haven't been able to read or find any details on it other than here. I think I must be missing something based on the comments made. Is Royal's post accurate that the season ticket holders will get their priority code to buy whatever their allotment of tickets is, and then after all of the season ticket holders have had their opportunity, then all of the season ticket holders will be given a second code to buy as many as they want, and THEN after the second opportunity, then and only then, the GP will have an opportunity to buy tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              I guess that protects the season ticket holders prioritized behind you from you doing that in front of them, but it doesn't protect anyone else.
              Exactly. Which is what I posted earlier. And those are the people that need protecting. Season ticket holders. I don't care if it's the wild west after that. That's no different than any other event. But if you're going to put a game (and usually one of if not the best home game of the year) downtown and not as part of the season ticket package, you need to protect the season ticket holders, at least in a somewhat reasonable capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                I think it'll still sell out, but maybe not until December. We may see more OSU fans than past IBA games.
                I would think so. They have no love for Tennessee or Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Exactly. Which is what I posted earlier. And those are the people that need protecting. Season ticket holders. I don't care if it's the wild west after that. That's no different than any other event. But if you're going to put a game (and usually one of if not the best home game of the year) downtown and not as part of the season ticket package, you need to protect the season ticket holders, at least in a somewhat reasonable capacity.
                  I agree with giving all of the season ticket holders their opportunity to buy tickets first, prioritizing them ahead of the non season ticket holders. What I'm talking about is the "second chance" part. See my previous post and tell me what I'm missing. Either I'm misunderstanding something, or the "second chance" is just another opportunity for the season ticket holders to turn into scalpers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    I would think so. They have no love for Tennessee or Utah.
                    Neither did Tennessee or Utah show any love or maybe we just sold out before they had much chance to buy.

Comment

I'll be pretty surprised if WSU vs OSU doesn't sell out.

If we're talking WSU vs OU in OKC I'll be surprised if that one sells out.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Prepare to be surprised... The only thing that can sell it out will we a highly successful Atlantis trip.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                          Prepare to be surprised... The only thing that can sell it out will we a highly successful Atlantis trip.
                          Well, shoot. I hope you're wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                            Well, shoot. I hope you're wrong!
                            Hmmm, Saturday, December 17 in downtown Wichita where things are happening? I’ll be extremely disappointed if the sucker isn’t packed to the brim. I think many underestimate the love for Shocker basketball in this community… and we’ll be playing a “nobody ever plays us” Big 12 opponent in our own backyard. Are you kidding me? If we can’t sell this game out, we’re not the fan base we claim to be. We have great young talent, arguably one of the top coaches in all of college basketball. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry should find a way to be there and support the Shockers. Come on Wichita!

I’ll go on record and predict…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

A buddy and I were discussing tickets. When it is open to do so, he has already organized a group of 25 or so that is willing to buy tickets. With other friends and family for me, I would be interested in buying another dozen.

Yeah, if this doesn't sell out by Turkey Day, we are a midmajor fanbase...and I really do not think that we are.
                              78-65

Comment

Perhaps we are so not mid-major that we understand Oklahoma State sucked last year, was 180 in the RPI, and is not a big draw. They were literally worse than Missouri State.

I am excited about this series though. It just makes sense, geographically. And they did still have an RPI of 180 despite going 12-20 and being worse than MSU. And I think their new coach will have things working well soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X