Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So happy for Ron. He's worked so damned hard. Few deserve this more. Dreams and hard work do in fact come true.

Go get 'em Bake!

Comment

• Goes to show you that playing tough defense and being smart with the ball can help you make an NBA roster. Every youngster who plays basketball should take note.

Comment

• Not sure why congratulations are in order. Hopefully Ron has his sights set on a better league than the NBA. It's a start but I hope he continues to improve his game and can make it in a real league where they play real basketball.

Comment

• I'll be interested to see what they do with Ron. Is he one of the 13 who suits up? Does he see much PT if he does? Does he hang out in the D League? In any event, it's awesome for Ron and reflects well for the WSU program.

Comment

• Way ta go Ron. You've shown what Shocker basketball is all about. Keep repping.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Dreams can come true. Congratulations Ron and Family. So glad you made Wichita State a part of your journey.

Comment

• I have no doubt Coach Hornacek appreciated Ron's team first mentality and desire to play both sides of the court. I can just see Ron playing like his head is on fire while dishing and passing to his teammates for easy scores. He'll make his teammates look good.

Comment

• I can imagine the only people prouder of Ron than ShockerNation are 3G and his staff and Ron's family. Great job Mr Baker, you have made all of us proud.
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                    I'll be interested to see what they do with Ron. Is he one of the 13 who suits up? Does he see much PT if he does?
                    I'm pretty confident he will be suited up next week as the 3rd point guard but not counting on a lot of playing time.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Signed a contract to, yes, undisclosed terms. Probably minimal.....couple hundred thousand I'd guess.
                      NBA minimum is $490k

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        NBA minimum is $490k
                        Not for the d league
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                          Not for the d league
                          I'm pretty sure if he makes the roster, he gets a league min contract. He can get assigned to the D League but still gets his money. On the other hand, a guy like Cle, gets D League salary and can take the chance of getting called up and put on a temporary NBA contract.

Comment

I'm pretty sure if he makes the roster, he gets a league min contract. He can get assigned to the D League but still gets his money. On the other hand, a guy like Cle, gets D League salary and can take the chance of getting called up and put on a temporary NBA contract.
                            Couldn't happen to a harder working and more dedicated Shocker, other than Fred of course. Way to go Ron, Shocker Nation is so proud!

Comment

• So happy for him! I know the fans will love him.

Comment

The thread was discussing Cle, I believe.
                                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                                X