Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only pine time again last night. Sad feeling Ron is on his way out of the league.

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm guessing he's a solid practice player and a positive influence on the bench/team... he provides depth, especially on the defensive end. Here's some positive comments from his new coach...

“I was a little stiff,” said Baker, who scored no points, but added two rebounds, an assist, and a block in 14 minutes. “But I was like ‘My guy’s not scoring.’”

He succeeded in that effort, face-guarding Jamal Crawford away from a potential game-tying attempt.

Brooks already saw what’s unique about the Wichita State legend, having enough confidence to throw him in for the finale of an exhausting three-hour marathon of a grinder.

“He’s like a torpedo. He gives his body up.” -Scott Brooks
      “You know what I love about him?” Brooks said postgame. “He blows up screens. He’s like a torpedo. He gives his body up. I’ve been around a lot of players and noticed right off the very first play and it kinda took me back. I was like ‘this guy is a little nuts.’”

When he was cut by the Knicks, he shipped his stuff back home to Kansas. Little did he know he’d have a new NBA job only to lose it again.

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
    Only pine time again last night. Sad feeling Ron is on his way out of the league.
    They just picked him up. I'm sure they want to give him some time to learn the offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
      Only pine time again last night. Sad feeling Ron is on his way out of the league.
      I can't help but agree. I hope i'm wrong, but i don't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They just picked him up. I'm sure they want to give him some time to learn the offense.
        Im in OKC watching the Wizards...Ron is so far down the bench he needs to buy a ticket. But keep believing he needs to learn the offense. I want him to suceed...but not seeing it anymore.

Comment

• Baker was basically free to any team that signed him. He's on the Knicks payroll, so he could be signed for some ridiculous figure (just spit-balling, but maybe 1/4 or 1/2 mill). He gets a full paycheck and the Wizards get a deep reserve to fill a roster spot for the NBA equivalent of nothing.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            And Ron gets to practice and workout in an NBA environment.

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            He did get off the bench, even if it was for only 2 minutes. Hey, I'll give Ron credit for being a great practice player. Otherwise, how did the Wizards win at OC by 18?!?!?

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe Ron's a 'team chemistry' chemist.

• Comment

• Wuck the Fizards

Comment

• Hope he didn’t sign a lease.

Comment

• To stay in the league, Ron is going to need to develop a 40 percent three point shot, it's that simple.

Comment

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It’s going to be difficult to get that % at the end of the bench... he was quick insurance during John Wall’s absence. I’d like to see him play some D-League and regain his shooting touch; you can’t do that buried at the end of the bench. Stay tuned!

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, not exactly that simple, but that would be a big bonus. I looked at SGs and PGs with the top 4 teams in each conference (8 teams total). There were a total of 5 guards shooting 3s at .400 or over. 4 teams had no guards shooting that well. For the Raptors, guard Danny Green is at .408 with FVV being the second highest on the whole team at .363 just ahead of SF Leonard. Shamet is at .385 and I was surprised that Klay Thompson was at .352.

• Europe here he comes!
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not sure how much he has to gain going to Europe, monetarily or going through the grind. Perhaps he's in a position to start the next chapter of his life, whatever he wishes that to be.

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's way to early for Ron to hang it up

• Ron was on the roster for right games, playing in four. He did not record a point in the 45 minutes he played, going 0-4 from the field, all from behind the arc (1-13 from 3 for the season).

Should someone decide to sign Ron, which I don't see as likely, he's going to have to look to score. One shot attempt per 10 minutes won't cut it, regardless of D and hustle.

Comment

• It would be cool to see Ron come back home and work for HCGM, how great would it be to have someone who actually played in the nba recently come and recruit for you?
                  Last edited by shoxrox89; January 8, 2019, 10:46 AM.
                  Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think he can still get paid more money to continue playing than we pay an assistant coach. That said I'd love to have him on our bench teaching these guys.

• shoxrox89
                    shoxrox89 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yea don’t get me wrong I want Ron to go and make as much money as he can possibly make, but if there aren’t any other nba teams calling, and maybe he wouldn’t want to go play overseas, why not come back home? Just wishful thinking I guess.

• I'd go make millions in Europe if I were in his shoes

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Right - he can still make hundreds of thousands a year playing ball for the next 5 years. He wouldn't make a $100k as an asst. coach. Make money, save money, then start coaching.

• Life's WAY too short. I hope he goes and does whatever the hell he wants to do, whether it's G league, Euro, coaching, rock climbing, reading, farming, sleeping or watching TV. He can do basically anything he damn well wants to do. Go do just that.

Comment

• BostonWu
                    BostonWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm glad he has the financial freedom to do just that

• Comment

Working...
                  X