Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Min salary table.

A rookie with a minimum salary contract stands to make $525,093 in 2015-16. The effective minimum wage in the United States is $7.25. In order to earn $525,093, a person making the minimum wage wou…
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• [QUOTE=wusphlash;672324]Min salary table.

http://hoopshype.com/2015/10/12/what...um-nba-salary/[/QUOTE

Even after he pays the enormous taxes, that's still pretty darn good.

Comment

• Congratulions Ron! Shocker nation loves you! Yours is a Great Shocker story!

Comment

• I'm thinking back to Baker's comment to his mother in the car on a trip when she thought maybe he should go to Ft. Hays State: "Mom, I think I'm better than that". Yeah, I think that was accurate.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• "Randle may also receive consideration to re-sign with the Knicks when he gets healthy — Baker’s salary won’t become fully guaranteed until January 10, so the club will have some flexibility with that final roster spot."

Sounds like Ron's spot on the roster is not guaranteed until January 10 and that Randle, after he gets healthy, can still claim it.

Comment

• I have been wanting a good reason to go to OKC.

Comment

• It's weird. Some sites are saying he will get paid rookie minimum at a per game rate until Jan and then it's guaranteed. Others are saying it became guaranteed when he made the final roster. I don't think anyone really knows unless they've seen the contract or heard first hand.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                  "Randle may also receive consideration to re-sign with the Knicks when he gets healthy — Baker’s salary won’t become fully guaranteed until January 10, so the club will have some flexibility with that final roster spot."

Sounds like Ron's spot on the roster is not guaranteed until January 10 and that Randle, after he gets healthy, can still claim it.
                  Randle is only out a couple of weeks. For a end of the bench guy, if they wanted him, they would have taken him injury or not. They wanted Ron, as they should since he is the more complete player

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    It's weird. Some sites are saying he will get paid rookie minimum at a per game rate until Jan and then it's guaranteed. Others are saying it became guaranteed when he made the final roster. I don't think anyone really knows unless they've seen the contract or heard first hand.
                    League rules are if you are cut before Jan 10, they can prorate for the games played, after Jan 10, it's guaranteed for the rest of the year. There is usually are flurry of roster activity before then for this reason.

It's also the route Toure used to get called up a few times.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrschh View Post
                      Actually, if he gets cut before that January date, he will get the highest value between his partial guarantee vs the prorated amounted for # of days he was on the roster. So, say he had a partially guaranteed contract for $100K, (I have no clue how much his contract is) and he gets cut on day 2 of the NBA season, he would receive the $100K. However, if he got cut on day 40 then he would get the prorated amount of ~$128K (40/170 X $543K)

A few days ago I was trying to understand how the partially guaranteed contract works and I found this article from 2013. I think it does a good job of explaining the process:

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/11/p...contracts.html
                      I posted this a couple of months ago. However, since there are some new questions on what salary Ron will get, I think it's appropriate to repost. Again, the article does a good job of explaining Ron's position is on salary. I hope this helps.

Comment

• Only too happy to add my same Fred comment for Ron - 'Great news for a really great young man who wore his Shocker uniform with both pride and perfection.'

Comment

• It's been pretty amazing the way a lot of national media members have talked about Fred and Ron. I remember immediately after the Miami game, tons of media members not associated with WSU posted on Twitter congratulating and thanking Fred and Ron for great careers. I've seen many of those same people congratulating both of them on Twitter today. Pretty neat. I don't notice them saying anything about any other players that made cuts this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            It's been pretty amazing the way a lot of national media members have talked about Fred and Ron. I remember immediately after the Miami game, tons of media members not associated with WSU posted on Twitter congratulating and thanking Fred and Ron for great careers. I've seen many of those same people congratulating both of them on Twitter today. Pretty neat. I don't notice them saying anything about any other players that made cuts this weekend.
                            I think people can just tell that they are really exceptional people, in addition to their skills on the court. Great that they get that recognition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                              I think people can just tell that they are really exceptional people, in addition to their skills on the court. Great that they get that recognition.
                              Shocker Mama, very well said.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X