No announcement yet.

2016-17 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-to.../bracketology/ odds to make the tournament. Dont know if it was posted before.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
      https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-to.../bracketology/ odds to make the tournament. Dont know if it was posted before.
      Clearly garbage as they have us with a 76% chance of walking out of STL with the hardware.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Call me stupid. But I don't see how a team with a sub .500 conference record that doesn't Win the conf tourney can make it in as an at large over a team like Illinois State or Middle tenn that might not win the conf tourney but still played right and got a ton of wins.

I am so tired of conference offiliation getting poor teams in the tourney. It shouldn't factor that they are 1-5 against top 50. They didn't win enough to deserve to dance.

Comment

• Starting to move into the last few brackets that had us out. Looking at Bracket Matrix. One of the 6 without us is an error. We were a 7 seed on their last bracket, then it updated yesterday and there are no MVC teams in the bracket. 1 has an arbitrary requirement of a >150 SOS that eliminates us from his bracket, one has us first team out, updated Monday, and multiple teams ahead of us lost. Last one hasn't updated since Monday.

http://bracketwag.com/ does the USA Today one. Went from First team out to 3rd to last team in.

Obviously don't expect to make it into CBS as we moved down a spot with all of that yesterday.

So should be in all but 3 brackets.
          Last edited by Stickboy46; February 23, 2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            Clearly garbage as they have us with a 76% chance of walking out of STL with the hardware.
            Just curious, but what would you have said if they gave us a 76% chance last year after winning the league by 4 games and seniors VanVleet and Baker leading us?

Comment

• This is gonna be a long 2 weeks...
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                This is gonna be a long 2 weeks...
                Not if it's a good 11 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Not if it's a good 11 days.
                  That's true.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Should the Shockers be seeded 8 or 9 and given their recent tournament history with Gonzaga, Kansas and Arizona; will the committee give any special consideration when assigning seeds to the four Regions. I cannot imagine that Kansas wants to see the Shockers in Tulsa and I do not want to see the Shockers in West versus Gonzaga and Arizona.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Just curious, but what would you have said if they gave us a 76% chance last year after winning the league by 4 games and seniors VanVleet and Baker leading us?
                      I would have said they have never been to St. Screwus.

Comment

• I will be shocked if we end up in Tulsa with a 2nd round (are we calling it that again?) possibility against the Beakers. It was novelty last time, the committee won't let it happen again.

Comment

This is gonna be a long 2 weeks...
                          Counting on history and the TeamRankings 24%, are we? Or are you just thinking of all the seeding permutations if the Shocks have another breakthrough in St. Louis? That'll make your head spin, too.

Edit: Just noticed on KenPom that WSU isn't that far back of #10 Baylor in Adj margin. Given Baylor's inconsistency and what could be a tough game at Michigan for #11 Purdue, it's possible that a solid performance for 40 minutes this time (rather than about 25) vs. the Hillbillies could allow the Shocks to crack the KenPom top 10.

Facepalm's head would spin around like the kid in The Exorcist as he searched for words to disparage Pomeroy if that happened.
                          Last edited by WSUwatcher; February 23, 2017, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• You know, really, an 8 or 9 would be great. We will take that and run. I just don't want that stupid play in crap again.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                              Counting on history and the TeamRankings 24%, are we? Or are you just thinking of all the seeding permutations if the Shocks have another breakthrough in St. Louis?
                              I think We'll win it.

But I think that every year. I just want to have it done at this point.

I hate the conference and how it hurts us every year.

Comment

I think We'll win it.

But I think that every year. I just want to have it done at this point.

I hate the conference and how it hurts us every year.
                                This year is particularly bad. IlSt is our lone good win opportunity in conference and vice versa. Nothing but 18 bad losses hanging out there for either team. None of the ankle biters appear ready to take a significant step forward next year. UNI should be better, IlSt will be worse...

Comment

Working...
                                X