2016-17 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    The problem may be that he isn't a writer, but a TV station sports director who got his degree from Syracuse. He a good reader, not good speeler.
    I just hope he doesn't have any reason to write about the NBA and San Antonio in particular. There's no telling what he'd make of "Gregg Popovich."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
      Nobody with any shred of intelligence or credibility uses "Power 6."
      No kidding. Who in their right mind considers the SEC a power conference in basketball?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wichita Muskie View Post
        No kidding. Who in their right mind considers the SEC a power conference in basketball?!?
        Only one less legitimate team than the big 12.*

*its a joke, jamar. Not even a funny one. Please no graphs.

Comment

• People around these parts like to boast of post-season success as a true representation of authenticity. We've all heard it before. :beaten:

So, more national championships: bg12 or SEC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            The sad part is even if we had the #1 Non-Con SOS, we would still have SOS concerns if we end up on the bubble thanks to the lovely MVC. There is no way to get a really solid SOS when 18+ of your games are bad by default.
            Not true. Long Beach State nearly finished as a top 50 OVERALL SOS last year despite playing in the Big West Conference. Had they played in the MVC, they would have easily been in the 40s. KenPom ranked their overall SOS higher than Michigan State, Indiana, and Arizona, just to name a few. #1 OOC SOS really does wonders.

(Of course, actually reaching #1 requires insane road scheduling that Marshall wouldn't do, but that's a different conversation)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              Not true. Long Beach State nearly finished as a top 50 OVERALL SOS last year despite playing in the Big West Conference. Had they played in the MVC, they would have easily been in the 40s. KenPom ranked their overall SOS higher than Michigan State, Indiana, and Arizona, just to name a few. #1 OOC SOS really does wonders.

(Of course, actually reaching #1 requires insane road scheduling that Marshall wouldn't do, but that's a different conversation)

Agreed. Insane he's not.

Watch FOX Sports and view live scores, odds, team news, player news, streams, videos, stats, standings & schedules covering NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, NBA, NHL, college sports & more!

Comment

• Apparently SIU is looking to upgrade their schedule. Thank the stars. Sounds like one of the 3 may be Louisville, per their board.

SIU AD:
                "A common refrain I hear from our fans is that we must strengthen our schedule. I can tell you that scheduling was a major focus of our MVC summer meetings. Last spring, I carefully examined the data on our non-conference Strength of the Schedule and have had multiple discussions with Coach Hinson. We agree that for our program to receive at-large consideration from the NCAA or NIT, we must play top 100 teams outside our league. That's why I'm so excited to announce that we will play road games this year against three Power Five conference opponents. We negotiated these scheduling opportunities with the promoters of the Lone Star Showcase tournament, a Multi-Team Event in which we will no longer participate. We're planning a special non-conference schedule announcement as soon as the final contract details are in place, so stay tuned."

Comment

• Barrah, I know that you were coach of the year last year, but we need to make it seem like we are building. I want you to schedule Boston College, Rutgers, and TCU. And don't take less than $600 per game. We deserve to be choosy with our buy games.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Apparently SIU is looking to upgrade their schedule. Thank the stars. Sounds like one of the 3 may be Louisville, per their board.

SIU AD:
                    "A common refrain I hear from our fans is that we must strengthen our schedule. I can tell you that scheduling was a major focus of our MVC summer meetings. Last spring, I carefully examined the data on our non-conference Strength of the Schedule and have had multiple discussions with Coach Hinson. We agree that for our program to receive at-large consideration from the NCAA or NIT, we must play top 100 teams outside our league. That's why I'm so excited to announce that we will play road games this year against three Power Five conference opponents. We negotiated these scheduling opportunities with the promoters of the Lone Star Showcase tournament, a Multi-Team Event in which we will no longer participate. We're planning a special non-conference schedule announcement as soon as the final contract details are in place, so stay tuned."
                    Honestly this may be a new trend for those schools in the 101-200 range RPI-wise. If they can negotiate these types of arrangements with these tournaments they can get 2-3 solid games without losing any non-con home games. I for one would rather take my chances playing three Top 100 schools on the road than playing three other mid-tier schools on a neutral court site in a crappy location. This is a win-win for SIU.

Hopefully we can benefit from this as well. It helped us get Long Beach this year. I'm all for getting a couple of additional buy games with teams in the 101-200 RPI range.

Comment

• SIU with a solid schedule.

Wright St, @Arkansas, Missouri So, @SIU-E, Mt St Mary's, @Minnesota, Murray St, Texas So, @Louisville, Sam Houston St, St Louis, @UNLV and Tenn-Martin.

Comment

• Arkansas and Minnesota are actually not bad ideas. If your team isn't crappy, you have a chance to win those.

Unfortunately, I think SIU is going to be crappy this year.

Comment

• Sounded like the tournament they were planning on playing in was having issues filling all of its spots so SIU was approached with the opportunity to play in another tournament where it would play two road games and two home games. That's how they got the games at Arkansas and Minnesota. Hinson said the two home games were Missouri Southern and Mt St Mary's. The home games stink but they were able to get two big names on the schedule with a chance to maybe steal a win.

Comment

• I like it. Maybe some of the other teams in the V can learn a few things.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              Arkansas and Minnesota are actually not bad ideas. If your team isn't crappy, you have a chance to win those.

Unfortunately, I think SIU is going to be crappy this year.
                              My bias shows in my screen name, but average teams can get thumped at Arkansas. You have to travel then play up and down against a team that goes 8-10 deep. Sounds like bad news for an SIU team that probably runs thin. Now if they got Arkansas at neutral or at home that's a different story, they are pitiful away from Fayetteville.

Comment

• "#76 OLD DOMINION MEN'S BASKETBALL 2016-2017 PREVIEW" - College Sports Madness

Top 144 Previews

Predicted to finish 1st in Conference USA

Potential Opponent in Battle 4 Atlantis

college sports madness,Men's Basketball,Conference USA,Old Dominion,Joel Welser

"Any team that plays defense as well as Old Dominion is going to be in the mix for a conference title. Last season the Monarchs ended up winning 25 games and there is hope that this group can do even better. Coach Jeff Jones’ squad finished 12-6 in a tough Conference USA, but made a nice run to the conference championship game, where they fell 55-53 to Middle Tennessee. The Monarchs had to settle for a trip to the inaugural Vegas 16. They beat Tennessee Tech, UCSB and Oakland en route to a Vegas 16 championship...."

Comment

Working...
                                X