2016-17 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    I figured that a D2 game would be one of the remaining two games. I would have rather seen a strong road game (to set up for a good game in CKA next season) than to play Maryland-Eastern Shore. Still, this seems like a pretty good schedule. Looking forward to tipping it off this fall.
    We have one pretty good game for CKA next year in OU don't we? Or at least we hope it's a good one.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Schedule would have been an A+ if we could of found one more home and home against a Top 100 team to start on the road this year instead of having to play a D2 team. As is I'll still grade the schedule a very strong A-.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        We have one pretty good game for CKA next year in OU don't we? Or at least we hope it's a good one.
        The Oklahoma game will be at Intrust...rightfully so...but still, it would be nice to get a strong game for CKA for 2017-18.

We have regularly had three true non-conference road games for the past few years, so I am a bit surprised that there will only be two this year.
        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          I think the OU game will be at Intrust. The first game is in OKC at their NBA arena, not at OU.

Comment

The Oklahoma game will be at Intrust...rightfully so...but still, it would be nice to get a strong game for CKA for 2017-18.

We have regularly had three true non-conference road games for the past few years, so I am a bit surprised that there will only be two this year.
            You're right. I just completely missed the CKA part and was thinking IBA.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Think the D2 game will be after Xmas before MVC play?
              Last edited by WalterSobchak; July 29, 2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

I'm not counting OU as a true roadie...or am I severely overestimating the number of WSU fans that will be at the house that KD no longer wanted to look after?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalterSobchak View Post
                  I'm not counting OU as a true roadie...or am I severely overestimating the number of WSU fans that will be at the house that KD no longer wanted to look after?
                  I'd agree with you there. Don't be surprised if there's more yellow than maroon in those stands. Nobody cares about OU basketball down here in OKC. I heard very little local talk about them during the FINAL FOUR for goodness sake.

Comment

• Originally posted by WalterSobchak View Post
                    Think the D2 game will be after Xmas before MVC play?
                    The article stated that it would be the week after the team gets back from the Bahamas. I am guessing the Tuesday or Wednesday before the Colorado State game.
                    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                      I'd agree with you there. Don't be surprised if there's more yellow than maroon in those stands. Nobody cares about OU basketball down here in OKC. I heard very little local talk about them during the FINAL FOUR for goodness sake.
                      That's cuz it was raaght in the middle of sprayng footbawll seezun, by God.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                        I know I'll be there! Closest game being played to Htown this year, so I'm taking the 6 hour trek up to see our boys.

Comment

• "#102 South Dakota State Men's Basketball 2016-2017 Preview" - College Sports Madness

Top 144 Previews

college sports madness,Men's Basketball,Summit,South Dakota State,Joel Welser

"South Dakota State was the clear favorite heading into the 2015-2016 campaign and they did not disappoint. After posting a 12-4 record in Summit League play, the Jackrabbits battled their way through the conference tournament and earned a spot in the NCAA Tournament. As a 12 seed, South Dakota State gave Maryland all they wanted in the first round, but fell 79-74. That success led to a new job for former coach Scott Nagy. The program brought in T.J. Otzelberger, a former assistant at Iowa State...."

Comment

• Augusta University to play WSU in exhibition game on November 5th.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Augusta University to play WSU in exhibition game on November 5th.
                              "How did this one come about you ask? Well, Dip Metress played for Greg Marshall back in his Belmont Abby days, Marshall was an assistant back then and has kept in touch with Metress."

Geez people! It's not hard! You know damn good and well that this writer would correctly spell Coach K's last name.

This, of course, isn't directed at you, RoyalShock. Just a pet peeve that I have with people who still haven't figured out that our coach's first name is a little different.

By the way, is it just me or does anyone do a double take when they see "Greg" listed on someone who really does use that spelling and think to themselves, "that's not correct?"

EDIT: After looking at this article closer, it appears that this writer really does suck at spelling.
                              78-65

Comment

• The problem may be that he isn't a writer, but a TV station sports director who got his degree from Syracuse. He a good reader, not good speeler.

Comment

Working...
                                X