2016-17 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    "Wouldn't it be Nice" (1966 hit song by the BEACH BOYS), if today's Long Beach State boys can pull off one or more upsets against some of the top Blue blood teams in the country that they will be playing on their road trip.
    Yes. Go BEACH!!!!!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Long Beach State is very brave to make that schedule. comparing to our many cupcakes at home
      Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Battle 4 Atlantis Recap - Initial Seeding versus final place

Michigan State – Seed #1, finished in 3rd place
        Louisville – Seed #2, finished in 2nd place
        Wichita State – Seed #3, finished in 4th place
        Baylor – Seed #4, finished in 1st place
        VCU – Seed #5, finished in 5th place
        LSU – Seed #6, finished in 6th place
        Old Dominion – Seed #7, finished in 7th place
        Saint Johns – Seed #8, finished in 8th place

The winners bracket finished pretty close to my initial seeding of teams. Baylor significantly over-performed and the losers bracket finished exactly as seeded.

Comment

• As an FYI for anyone interested... Indiana State finally released their lower level tickets for the game on the 28th sometime tonight... I checked earlier and it wasn't open, but is now as of 10 minutes ago

Edit: bad grammar
          Last edited by wushock27; December 9, 2016, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Just got a notice from SIU (created an account to buy a ticket) that the game in Carbondale will be a "Maroon Out"... haven't seen that before, have you?? :good:

Comment

• To all of our scheduling guru's and people who say how easy it is to schedule good teams, Coach Marshall said today that the only School from the FBS conferences (I'm guessing in the past 4-5 years) who came to Wichita on a H/H basis that was willing to play at Koch Arena was Alabama. Utah, OU, OSU, Tennessee all stipulated that would only play at IBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                To all of our scheduling guru's and people who say how easy it is to schedule good teams, Coach Marshall said today that the only School from the FBS conferences (I'm guessing in the past 4-5 years) who came to Wichita on a H/H basis that was willing to play at Koch Arena was Alabama. Utah, OU, OSU, Tennessee all stipulated that would only play at IBA.
                They musta' forgot. :saturn:

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                  Just got a notice from SIU (created an account to buy a ticket) that the game in Carbondale will be a "Maroon Out"... haven't seen that before, have you?? :good:
                  a 'maroon out' with their fan support will just look like a blotchy face of acne....

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                    Just got a notice from SIU (created an account to buy a ticket) that the game in Carbondale will be a "Moron Out"... haven't seen that before, have you?? :good:
                    fixed it

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                      a 'maroon out' with their fan support will just look like a blotchy face of acne....
                      or an uncomfortable herpes flare up.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        To all of our scheduling guru's and people who say how easy it is to schedule good teams, Coach Marshall said today that the only School from the FBS conferences (I'm guessing in the past 4-5 years) who came to Wichita on a H/H basis that was willing to play at Koch Arena was Alabama. Utah, OU, OSU, Tennessee all stipulated that would only play at IBA.
                        Interesting that no quality non-P5 schools would do a H/H. I'd sure like to know which of those schools were approached. Of course, the P5 label would exclude the Big East (all but DePaul and St Johns are top 100 RPI schools), the WCC schools like the Zags, St. Marys, and BYU, and the A-10 (5 projected top 70 and 4 more top 120). Surprised that none of the other quality schools from the AAC would bite, especially those who want us in their conference. With the MVC/MWC challenge and the mess that the MWC is right now, I could understand not approaching them.

Hope this isn't an apparel problem. :wink-new:

Comment

• Anyone know what next years schedule looks like at this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                            Anyone know what next years schedule looks like at this point?
                            I think all we are sure of so far is OU, OSU, Tulsa, and the Maui tournament.

I think SLU was a 4 year deal that is now complete. We may renew that or look for somebody else to start a home and home with.

We should have a home game against a MWC school as part of the MVC/ MW challenge.

Add 2 or 3 buy games and the schedule will be pretty much full.
                            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                              Anyone know what next years schedule looks like at this point?
                              Off the top of my head...

Home:
                              Oklahoma (Intrust)
                              MWC (probably at home, I'd guess...first year of another cycle)
                              Maui home game (similar to Long Beach this season)

Road:
                              Oklahoma State
                              Tulsa

3 in Maui

That's 8 of the 13. Maybe 3 more guarantee games and 2 H/H, one starting here and one on the road.
                              78-65

Comment

• We will probably play a lot of Valley schools also.

Comment

Working...
                                X