Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    LMAO. Thank you.

Although, Normal and Emporia are similar in quality.
    I used to live near Normal. I'll take Emporia.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
      12-ish. I'm a professional at adapting to my target audience.
      Knock it off guys!

Comment

• Teams continue to shat the bed ahead of us and behind us. More so than any year I can remember.

The most important thing right now is to beat Drake

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
          12-ish. I'm a professional at adapting to my target audience.
          A Seventh grade teacher apparently!

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
            Call a preacher cause you're holy-than-thou. I AM ANGRY. We should not lose to Illinois State, and can barely afford to. This was a terrible loss and that's that. Calling it anything but a terrible loss is just wrong. We aren't an NIT team because of this game, but we aren't dancing yet either. This loss WILL cost us come tournament time. Teams with a SoS north of 100 shouldn't feel confident going into the post-season with 6, 7, 8 losses.
            When you really evaluate ISU, they're not as bad as we think they are. Now, Bill Parcells will say you are what your records says you are, I agree, but ISU has played some really good teams fairly close. Here are the records of some of the teams they've lost to, 16-6, 17-5, 21-3, 17-6, 19-4, 19-4, 18-7, and 18-6. They've played a lot of tough teams so playing us would not be a shock to their system. They're at home and it's their Super Bowl too, so of course they'll be 'jacked up' to get a win.

So we lost to ISU at their joint, I can deal with that. I'm confident we'll still get an at-large bid. We just have to avoid any more losses the rest of the way in the regular season and especially avoid any loss to a sub .500 Valley team. That would definitely put us on the bubble for at-large bid.

Comment

• We have to play the Birds probably twice more

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Teams continue to shat the bed ahead of us and behind us. More so than any year I can remember.

The most important thing right now is to beat Drake
                We SHOULD beat Drake by 30. Whether we will, or not, is another question. It depends on which Shocker team shows up and how we handle THEIR zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  I would believe your outrage if you were anyone else on this board. Keep chuckling inside
                  If you aren't angry losing to a crappy Illinois State team that could barely beat Bradley, if you aren't angry at even a 10% chance that Fred and Ron might miss the tournament their final year, how exactly can you say you care about the program? Of course I'm angry. We've got screwed earlier in the season or this game wouldn't even matter, and now we lose to the one team in the MVC I absolutely despise in a game that breaks our momentum, loses our ranking, and makes us look like utter crap on national TV. If this were 1996 maybe we'd be happy just to be talking about the NCAA tournament, but this is 2016 and we came into the season as a top 10 team hungry for more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                    Come on people! Cleveland State. We really should've checked her expectations more. That being said he has had his moments and I would say he's been good. But not great.
                    Grady's Jr yr: #16 ranked conference, 1st team all conference
                    Grady's Sr yr: #13 ranked conference, won't sniff any all conference awards

Yep, the MVC is a powerhouse league with quality big men everywhere. Soooo much better than Grady's old league.

*/Sarcasm*

Just to be clear, I'm just happy the kid is walking, let alone playing. Who knows what impact the injury has had. Lots? Little? I don't know the answer. However, saying that Grady hasn't vastly underperformed to reasonable expectations is crazy talk. I'm not angry at Grady for it, but I sure am disappointed about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                      I disagree and think I will be right.
                      Wtf are you talking about? You can't strip All-American honors when they've already been given to you. They will be All-Americans from now until the end of time.

So no, sorry, you LOSE.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                        Maybe we should not name it the Redturd game in the thread title. Kind of creates bad karma.
                        lol, I'm glad you think I have the power to control basketball games 3 states away.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                          I'm about this close to declaring Anton a bust after the hype he came in with. Granted I'm thrilled he was able to come through his terrible injury, but with that aside, I haven't seen anything close to what I was expecting from him or Bush for that matter.
                          I'm not calling him a bust but I tried telling you guys about his limitations.

I love the guy and he is a courageous example of resiliency

He has helped us win games and will help us again this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                            Grady's Jr yr: #16 ranked conference, 1st team all conference
                            Grady's Sr yr: #13 ranked conference, won't sniff any all conference awards

Yep, the MVC is a powerhouse league with quality big men everywhere. Soooo much better than Grady's old league.

*/Sarcasm*

Just to be clear, I'm just happy the kid is walking, let alone playing. Who knows what impact the injury has had. Lots? Little? I don't know the answer. However, saying that Grady hasn't vastly underperformed to reasonable expectations is crazy talk. I'm not angry at Grady for it, but I sure am disappointed about it.
                            I agree. Did you see the hit he took I believe at the end of the first half? He slumped at the free throw line and I'm like - oh crap! Thank goodness he was fine. Now, where's this "old man" game GM was praising about?

Comment

If you aren't angry losing to a crappy Illinois State team that could barely beat Bradley, if you aren't angry at even a 10% chance that Fred and Ron might miss the tournament their final year, how exactly can you say you care about the program? Of course I'm angry. We've got screwed earlier in the season or this game wouldn't even matter, and now we lose to the one team in the MVC I absolutely despise in a game that breaks our momentum, loses our ranking, and makes us look like utter crap on national TV. If this were 1996 maybe we'd be happy just to be talking about the NCAA tournament, but this is 2016 and we came into the season as a top 10 team hungry for more.
                              You're the dumbest person on the planet. Seriously.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It's just one game, man, chill. None of us like to see our shockers lose but it's over now and saying dumb **** isn't going to change the outcome of the game. Yoda or some other asshole once said, "one game a season does not make."

Comment

Working...
                                X