Redturd Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
    Please attribute Mr. Marx for the use of his quote.
    Only if he will attribute Proverbs for his :)

Comment

• The birds are big and athletic. I understand that they are not a group of winners, but our performance in this game is troubling, at least. We see see this type of team again in the Dance.

Comment

• Let's give credit where it is due. They completely outhustled us and outplayed us the second half.

We could not penetrate their defenses, our shooting was off, and we seldom stopped their penetration.

It is not the end of the world, but we certainly have some adjustments to make, and if we were going to lose a game, it certainly is better now, than later in a tournament.
        Last edited by 60Shock; February 7, 2016, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          I'd rather be a 7 seed no one will want to play. If WSU runs the table from here on, that seems very possible.
          This is where I am thinking we could be seeded also. Probably best case at this point.

Yes, last night was a bad loss. Anytime you give up a 16 point lead it is a bad loss, but it is not the end of the world, yet. I am angry about this loss. We played poorly and at times it looked like we lacked BBIQ. That is very uncharacteristic of this team. Now it is time to regroup, refocus and show the MTXE that we are known for. There are weaknesses in this team. There are in every team. I trust our young men and coaches to learn from this, make the appropriate adjustments and more forward. We are still a good basketball team. We will win by 20+ on Senior Night. Book it.

We are not a bubble team.
          Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
            Let's give credit where it is due. They completely outhustled us and outplayed us the second half.

We could not penetrate their defenses, our shooting was off, and we seldom stopped their penetration.

It is not the end of the world, but we certainly have some adjustments to make, and if we were going to lose a game, it certainly is better now, than later in a tourament.
            From NCAA.com
            In men’s and women’s basketball, the panel approved monitor reviews in the last two minutes of regulation and overtime so officials can look to see if a shot clock violation occurred and to determine who caused the ball to go out of bounds on a deflection involving two or more players.
            My faulty memory was that the play in question did not occur in the last two minutes. Why were they looking at the monitor?
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• to see if it hit the rim

Comment

• We lost our advantage of depth when we did not substitute frequently the second half. However, at the time, it seemed to be "correct" not to substitute because you instinctively want to leave your best ballers on the court when the momentum swings against you. I think if we had substituted like we did the first half, even through the momentum swing, we would have worn them down by the end.

FVV tried to slow the game down over-and-over, which usually is good juju when the other team is trying to push the pace. It didn't work. It would have been more effective if he had counter-punched and pushed the pace back, instead of relying on body-blocks for most of the second half.

Hindsight is 20/20, though, and it's really easy to nitpick after it's all over. Sometimes, it's _really_ hard to see it for what it is in the heat of battle. This was just one of those games.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Four big plays:

Fred's drive 4 against 1 resulted in the first easy ISU basket

Zach Brown ignored Ron Baker on the press resulting in a big TO

Anton helping on baseline with no time on the shot clock

Missed out of bounds call resulting in boneheaded fourth fouls on Shaq.

None of these were forced by ISU. Self inflicted wounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    to see if it hit the rim
                    Is that not part of "a shot clock violation"? They are not allowed to look unless it is the last two minutes of the game. And the ball did hit the rim, but they ruled it did not. They must have decided it was not a shot. And they left the clock at 1 second, didn't they? And Shaq still fouled?
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• that game was like deja vu all over again. a replay of last years mvc semifinals.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        My faulty memory was that the play in question did not occur in the last two minutes. Why were they looking at the monitor?
                        I thought it was to see if he shot clock had expired. I take it that since they determined that there was still 1 second left on the shot clock, that they determined that the shot that hit the rim wasn't really a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          I thought it was to see if he shot clock had expired. I take it that since they determined that there was still 1 second left on the shot clock, that they determined that the shot that hit the rim wasn't really a shot.
                          That appears to be what happened. But why were they looking at a potential shot clock violation, unless it was in the last two minutes of the half or game?

Comment

• The beakers lost @ OSU, NC lost @ UNI, Mich St lost @ Nebraska, Virgina lost @ GT.

Sometimes teams lay a dud on the road.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                              From NCAA.com

They were looking to see if there was any time remaining on the shot clock when the ball went out of bounds.

How must it feel to review a play and see that you so obviously made the wrong call initially and are not allowed to correct your mistake.
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                                The beakers lost @ OSU, NC lost @ UNI, Mich St lost @ Nebraska, Virgina lost @ GT.

Sometimes teams lay a dud on the road.
                                Michigan St lost at home to Nebraska. Even worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X