Redturd Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
    I'm glad some of these posters don't play for the Shockers, talk about panicking. We played a bad half of basketball and now it's doomsday and all of our players suck, Marshall can't coach and were on the bubble again like every year...
    C'mon now, even you have to admit the zone is his kryptonite. Other than that, GM is the best at doing more with less.

Comment

• they may beat us again

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        they may beat us again
        Easy. Are you really trying to break into the doors of the CBB_fan Fan Club?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I think my biggest pet peeve of the night was listening to Mark Adams say the same things over and over (and has been saying the same thing for weeks). In case you missed it, CF plays much better on the road than at home. Of course, he only said it 2-3 times tonight and every game he's helped call in the past month. At least the country knows that we are a Final Four team, thanks to Mark.

Comment

• As we watched the early Super Bowl rush the court celebration, it reminds us how tough we are to beat in Valley games. Before the game, we saw some good teams get upset. Even so, we had a 16 point lead. The Redbird zone did work, but we just could not hit shots.

This loss was not expected but we need not go in a slump, but rather press ahead to the prize we are after. As bad as we feel about it, our beloved Shocks feel worse. Even so, 3G will get our squad regrouped, refocused, and winning again. If he wasn't so good at that, teams would not rush the court when they get a rare win against us. This is a setback, but it won't stop the Shocks!!!
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              We fall from 11 to 16 in Kenpom with this loss
              Actually a pretty big drop in raw score, from about .915 to just under .900, and a major drop in offense -- from 27th at 113.0, to 47th at 110.8, which is what shooting that way will do to a team's rating. I don't remember the raw AdjD score, but the rank actually rose from 10th to 8th.

Tonight was a reminder of why it would be nice to have Shamet back -- Baker is playing a lot of minutes and may be a little tired, Landry could spell him some, and in a game where just one guy being able to shoot might have been enough despite all the other struggles, it would have been nice to have one more candidate to be that guy.

Anyway, just get by Drake on the short turnaround and then through the busy home stretch with NMSU added in a week from next Monday; and try not to get worn out while doing it. Keep the home streak going, and a 24-6 regular season is still perfectly realistic, and probably more likely than not; meanwhile, Illinois State may just have put itself in the opposite bracket in St. Louis, which isn't the worst thing that could happen.

So all is still well as long as the Shocks avoid any further foolishness. Personally, I'll continue to hope for WSU to work their way to a #6 seed, although frankly I'd be happier with #11 (which is not that different except that you wear black -- not that I think they'll fall that far) than with #8 or #9. Stay away from #1 as long as possible, although the way #1 candidates are dropping this year, maybe that really isn't much to be afraid of after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                When you really evaluate ISU, they're not as bad as we think they are. Now, Bill Parcells will say you are what your records says you are, I agree, but ISU has played some really good teams fairly close. Here are the records of some of the teams they've lost to, 16-6, 17-5, 21-3, 17-6, 19-4, 19-4, 18-7, and 18-6. They've played a lot of tough teams so playing us would not be a shock to their system. They're at home and it's their Super Bowl too, so of course they'll be 'jacked up' to get a win.

So we lost to ISU at their joint, I can deal with that. I'm confident we'll still get an at-large bid. We just have to avoid any more losses the rest of the way in the regular season and especially avoid any loss to a sub .500 Valley team. That would definitely put us on the bubble for at-large bid.
                Last time I looked I think our non-con SOS was 15th in the nation for reference Shockers is 5th I believe.
                I'm really happy we won, especially against a good team like you guys have. From the words of Aaron Rodgers "R-E-L-A-X" you guys were due for an off night (happy it happened against us) you'll be fine, still a legit chance to be a final 4 team with the right matchups and with how much parity there is in college bball this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                  Maybe we should not name it the Redturd game in the thread title. Kind of creates bad karma.
                  that was the first thing i noticed when i came here after the game, obviously. shameful. bad karma or not, ilsu message board is in great spirits over that one.. 'probably will be for a few days.

Comment

• The seasaw battle in the 2nd half was how I would've guessed the first half to go---instead of us missing 68 baskets from a total distance of 5 feet. We were trying way too hard and couldn't hit anything. It was pretty embarrassing actually.

We were able to ride some momentum throughout the final 20 though. This game was a rare bird for us (no pun intended) in that it was only the second time we've beaten a ranked opponent at Redbird Arena, and the first time we've beaten a ranked MVC team there. Throw in the recent hot blood between our schools and the slight uptick of excitement we've had, plus a national TV game, etc. and maybe we were just due for a big win. That said, if anyone would've told me we'd win the game while only playing about 18 minutes of good basketball I would've asked to please hook me up with whatever drugs were being used. That's been our MO all year: Good in spurts but seldom playing a complete game. Who knows what will happen from here, but that's the MVC for ya. Things will be much different when we come to Koch in a few weeks that's for sure.
                    I am a diehard Illinois State Redbird fan first, and an MVC supporter, diplomat, and ambassador of good will second.

Comment

• Lets face it. The team and the fan base were too full of themselves. Glad we got smacked in
                      the face last night. We played great defense and still lost. On paper our post play doesn't look
                      bad at all but look closer. The post players are scoring primarily on high post pick and roles NOT
                      with any low post strength. The lack of a low post player allows defenses to focus on the perimeter
                      and shut it down, which they did. We can't create good open looks on the perimeter without good
                      ball movement and you can't do that with excessive dribbling and that includes Fred. Need some
                      practices against the zone with zero dribbling. We HAVE the shooters but are not using ball reversals
                      and quick sharp passes to create good open looks.

Comment

• Think about this...

their average time between field goals was almost 3 minutes....and we lost

They scored 15 field goals and we lost. They shot 27% and won.....

We couldn't have beat North Dakota tech last night

Comment

• Zone or not, post presence or not, we absolutley have to be able to make 3 pointers. We got cold and that happens on occassion. It was a weird night that we can't let happen again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                            I think my biggest pet peeve of the night was listening to Mark Adams say the same things over and over (and has been saying the same thing for weeks). In case you missed it, CF plays much better on the road than at home. Of course, he only said it 2-3 times tonight and every game he's helped call in the past month. At least the country knows that we are a Final Four team, thanks to Mark.
                            My biggest pet peeve of every ESPNU/2 game is Mark Adams. I am so sick of that Jacka**.

Comment

• Like most message boards, we have some posters who should refrain from posting after a loss.

Better to be silent and maintain an air of mystery regarding one's stupidity than to speak up and remove all doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                Like most message boards, we have some posters who should refrain from posting after a loss.

Better to be silent and maintain an air of mystery regarding one's stupidity than to speak up and remove all doubt.
                                Please attribute Mr. Marx for the use of his quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X