No announcement yet.

WSU @ Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did not sound like 3G was real happy about the mental attitude the Shocks brought into the game. Said it is important that they respect all of their opponents. It did seem like the Shocks came in perhaps taking things a little too much for granted.

Comment

• Great second half, Mcduffie and Conner gave us a big lift off the bench. Nurger had a few good moments, something to build on, he still needs to get stronger. Shaq and Anton didn't really do too much, they need to be more consistent for us. Guard play was sloppy in the first half, settled for the 3 and couldn't hit anything. Second half we were more focused and took it inside, then out. Conner got in a groove and showed why he will be so important to this team, instant offense, zone buster. Ron had a ruff night shooting the 3, but started taking it to the basket, he is so versatile. Fred was Fred, really wasn't looking to score but had a ton of assists. Road wins are hard to get in any league. Got a tough one Sunday against a Indiana State team who, like last year seems to be getting better come league time..11-5 and streaking

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        Do you know who was alive to see the last Missouri State victory over Wichita State? Gaddafi.
        not to mention osama bin laden
        Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Ron's dunk #8 on the SC Top 10.

Comment

• Yes, Ron and Fred will be missed. They are two of the best ever.

However, it will be exciting to see how the team looks with Conner, Markis, and Landry running the show. I know we are a ways from that, but the future looks bright.
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              Reminds me of the sponge monkeys from the old Quiznos commercials.
              Be happy that your four year son doesn't make you rewind it so he can learn the tune.

Comment

• A few take aways from last nights game.

1. No matter what the guy in the stall next to you says Shocks, your shat stinks like the rest of us. The first 10 minutes of the game proved that.

2. If you include assistant coaches and WSU's special consultant, Paul Lusk has to be in the top 15-20 coaches in the valley for half time adjustments.

3. Start Sunday like last night and the streak ends.

4. Walking on snow and ice, though technically true, is not the same as walking on water.

5. Hopefully this was the head up the arse moment fot the Shoxs.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  Do you know who was alive to see the last Missouri State victory over Wichita State? Gaddafi.
                  that guy had some kick-ass hats

Comment

• 15 assists for Ron and Fred combined last night. Just another example of how good those 2 are. Frankly, 95%+ of players of their stature get tossed in a game like that when they have to put up with the total bullshit those 2 did.

If you're an AA, and you're getting HAMMERED every time and get NO calls (combined TWO freaking FTs are you KIDDING ME) you should go ape ****. Not those 2...they just win.

How do you go on the road, get called for almost TWO TIMES the fouls when you lead for more than half the game (28-15), go 5-13 from the line vs 26-41 for the home team...read that again....they MADE TWICE as many FTs as we shot) and still whip the other team so bad you play some odd lineup of 2 walkons and 3 deep bench guys for the last 3 minutes?

Nurger gave the team a solid 20 minutes tonight. Solid D is the #1 goal for him. Maybe just a good game against a small team, but it was still nice.

Frankamp 4-8 from 3. Still shooting 50% since his 1st make. May have to up my prediction of 45% threes the rest of the way. Everyone thinks he's on fire...nope.

McDuffie is becoming the poster child for how to play for 3G as a freshman. Play defense, make the easy play, don't try and do too much. 18-9. No turnovers. That works young man.

Daquon Miller is a nice player for the Bears. Church could be some day. Lots of upside. But no offense, let's be real. Neither would make our team. McDuffie is light years ahead of Church. But I bet someone else gets freshman of the year. Just like Giddy will get POY when Baker is twice the player. Oh well, cut nets and get sized for rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      Or even take/smooth. He healthy and back to taking the rock smoothly from our foes. MM also played some nice D. tonight. MM mentioned that he is skinny and can slide into places most can't and finish!!!
                      I like Take - take it to the rack / take the ball from the opponent

Comment

• Church looked like he could be a good baller. But he might be the worst free throw shooter I have ever seen.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          Church looked like he could be a good baller. But he might be the worst free throw shooter I have ever seen.
                          He had an ugly free throw shot, but he shot 37.5% from the line... only slightly worse than our team 38.5%.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            15 assists for Ron and Fred combined last night. Just another example of how good those 2 are. Frankly, 95%+ of players of their stature get tossed in a game like that when they have to put up with the total bullshit those 2 did.

If you're an AA, and you're getting HAMMERED every time and get NO calls (combined TWO freaking FTs are you KIDDING ME) you should go ape ****. Not those 2...they just win.

How do you go on the road, get called for almost TWO TIMES the fouls when you lead for more than half the game (28-15), go 5-13 from the line vs 26-41 for the home team...read that again....they MADE TWICE as many FTs as we shot) and still whip the other team so bad you play some odd lineup of 2 walkons and 3 deep bench guys for the last 3 minutes?

Nurger gave the team a solid 20 minutes tonight. Solid D is the #1 goal for him. Maybe just a good game against a small team, but it was still nice.

Frankamp 4-8 from 3. Still shooting 50% since his 1st make. May have to up my prediction of 45% threes the rest of the way. Everyone thinks he's on fire...nope.

McDuffie is becoming the poster child for how to play for 3G as a freshman. Play defense, make the easy play, don't try and do too much. 18-9. No turnovers. That works young man.

Daquon Miller is a nice player for the Bears. Church could be some day. Lots of upside. But no offense, let's be real. Neither would make our team. McDuffie is light years ahead of Church. But I bet someone else gets freshman of the year. Just like Giddy will get POY when Baker is twice the player. Oh well, cut nets and get sized for rings.
                            I believe that the MVC Office is playing a role in setting the tone for the officiating.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• It's a little too obvious the MVC doesn't want wsu steamrolling the league again.

Comment

• Pretty screwed up box score. Evan with 9 minutes, Brown with 12. Nurger with 20.

Comment

Working...
                                X