WSU @ Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Oh, completely forgot. You know how we have talked, argued and pissed and moaned about not getting replays on the video board about "controversial" plays due to league rules or something like that. Well it must be an institutional decision because the bears showed all of the bad call fouls which really worked up most of them.
    I think it is. WSU used to show them, but they stopped sometime during the Turgeon years. I think it was after the InSU game where they came back from like 7 pts in 15 seconds or something crazy, culminated by a terrible jump ball call with Fridge holding the ball between his legs. It definitely worked the crowd up, but enough that it could have resulted in a technical or worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
      I think it is. WSU used to show them, but they stopped sometime during the Turgeon years. I think it was after the InSU game where they came back from like 7 pts in 15 seconds or something crazy, culminated by a terrible jump ball call with Fridge holding the ball between his legs. It definitely worked the crowd up, but enough that it could have resulted in a technical or worse.
      Wasn't that Burns?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Wasn't that Burns?
        Most definitely was Fridge. Thrown head band and all. It was a classic implosion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
          Most definitely was Fridge. Thrown head band and all. It was a classic implosion.
          Nope. Fridge threw his headband after a foul being called on him from 25 feet from the basket in the final seconds against Oral Roberts. Randy got the previously-mentioned rectal exam against Indiana State a couple weeks later.
          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
            Nope. Fridge threw his headband after a foul being called on him from 25 feet from the basket in the final seconds against Oral Roberts. Randy got the previously-mentioned rectal exam against Indiana State a couple weeks later.
            Wait a second. The Fridge deal was a last 10 seconds melt down. I must have the teams confused but I would have sworn it was against a Valley team.

Comment

Thanks!

Was it at the Kansas Coliseum or back at Koch?

Comment

Thanks!

Was it at the Kansas Coliseum or back at Koch?
                Koch. 2003-04 season. The Oral Roberts "Fridge headband" game was the first home loss that season. The Randy Burns play against Indiana State was a couple weeks later.
                78-65

Comment

Wait a second. The Fridge deal was a last 10 seconds melt down. I must have the teams confused but I would have sworn it was against a Valley team.
                  Live college basketball scores and postgame recaps. CBSSports.com's college basketball scoreboard features in-game commentary and player stats.
                  78-65

Comment

• I remember Randy going into "crouch, crouch, hidden dragon mode" at the end of that Indiana State game.

Most definitely was Burns. Most definitely sucked.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      I remember Randy going into "crouch, crouch, hidden dragon mode" at the end of that Indiana State game.

Yep. Should have been foul but Randy should not have tucked it like he did. You have to be more aggressive than he was in that moment.
                      78-65

Comment

• nm

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          I remember Randy going into "crouch, crouch, hidden dragon mode" at the end of that Indiana State game.

This is how I remember it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            Yeah, okay. I missed this post.

Can anybody dig up the box score (play by play) for this game (the Indiana State game)?

Comment

• Since Fridge was brought up, and this is the Missouri State topic, who remembers the game when he claims to have been spit on by Merrill Andrews? Even the coaching staffs started getting chippy with each other.

Comment

Now I am confused. I remember losing to Indiana State at home when we were up by like 6 points with very little time on the clock and Randy Burns got caught with the ball trapped between his berries. But they are saying it was Fridge. Which was it?
                                Yes, that loss to Indiana State was awful. Randy Burns was the guy who got tied up when it should have been a foul.

Someone else mentioned Fridge, saying that he threw his headband as a result of the whole thing. Fridge threw this headband at a different game a couple weeks before that against Oral Roberts.

EDIT: Sounds like you are following now...
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X