WSU @ Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
    First off, I wouldn't consider that a flop, and yes, the rule is there, a technical can be called for flopping, but that situation isn't even close.

What they are trying to eliminate is the guys that fall down screaming bloody murder when it is obvious to everyone there is no contact or very little contact. In the play above, there is contact, the guy is in the air, gets hit, falls down. No way would you even consider that a technical foul, not even close.

The best example I can give of a flop that would warrant a technical is say... FVV is driving the lane, the defender is setting waiting for a contact, before the contact even occurs the defender is falling to the ground, screaming for the whistle, that kind of play.

I dunno, it's really hard to describe, all I can tell you is the play in question, not even close to a technical, or a flop.
    By your definition of a flop, that was a flop. There was very little contact, and he fell to the ground screaming for the whistle. The contact was no where near where the contact was emphasised in the fall.

That's just my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      Do you know who was alive to see the last Missouri State victory over Wichita State? Gaddafi.
      Made me laugh....AND think historically!:)

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
        A serious question regarding fouling/jumping into defenders. I do not know the answer, hence my question:

When Kendricks makes his jumpshot his launch position is on/behind the 3 point line, his landing zone is on/past the women's 3 point line, which is where contact with Brown is made. Is this an offensive foul for jumping into the defender?

Thank you for any learned responses.

http://gfycat.com/IndolentSecondaryGull
        No sir. The only contact was Brown hitting Kendricks' arm, so that negates any offensive foul. Had Brown went straight up , he might have been ok, but he actually jumped towards Kendricks, nullifying any verticality he had. Hope that helps.

Comment

• Thanks @shockerfanmas:
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            Are you talking about this one? http://gfycat.com/IndolentSecondaryGull
            OMG yes! Thank you! I will use that to clown on Missouri State fans for YEARS!!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The contact in no way shape or form even comes close to warranting the acting job displayed. I LOVE how Hendrix, once on the floor, kicks off with his legs to start sliding and then uses his right arm to give himself another boost to make himself slide as far as possible. After the refs review it, one of them can be seen joking while they are talking -- they know. If I was Coach I would have a LOT of fun with that in the video room.

Comment

• You know what? That flop is the epitome of a metaphor to sum that entire game up in one play.
                Last edited by Kung Wu; January 14, 2016, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• I think you guys are completely misinterpreting the head snap. Do you not recognize what happens when a buffer of Shock-N-Awesome gets that close to you?

Comment

• Did Gregg comment on his reasons for the second half starters? Fouls? Dissatisfaction? Coaches error?
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      Yes, I was thinking about that earlier. To me, the Coach they had back then was the culprit for allowing such a travesty on the court and the refs in that game should have lit the Bears up with a T or two for that
                      But that coach did come back and play us at Tennessee when not many BCS teams would.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                        Are you talking about this one? http://gfycat.com/IndolentSecondaryGull
                        Did invisible lightning bolts come out of Brown's fingertips?

If some of you more inclined and talented types could add that to the gif, it would be SN gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Zach got a piece of his forearm on the shot, but the rest of that was pure improvisation.
                          He sure did. One other thing; just focus on Zach's feet before and after the shot; it looks like he went a step past vertical trying to block the shot. It was a good acting job, but still a legitimate foul.

The call that upset me the most (that's splitting hairs) was the 'free-ball' near mid-court where Zach and the MSU player both jumped up to get it; they ended up calling a foul on Zach when he had better position and out-jumped the MSU player. Should have been a no-call with the Shockers heading for a breakaway dunk (of course we might have missed the dunk). Would like to see that play in a 'gif' also.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                            Did Gregg comment on his reasons for the second half starters? Fouls? Dissatisfaction? Coaches error?
                            Not that I heard. Based on past comments/decisions my guess is fouls since Evan, Rob, and Shaq all had two.

Comment

Did Gregg comment on his reasons for the second half starters? Fouls? Dissatisfaction? Coaches error?
                              I would bet on fouls.

He has been trying to protect players with 2 fouls in the first 1-2 minutes of the 2nd half. I think it is brilliant, and have advocated for it for years. Probably greater than 50% of the time officials call a multitude of fouls early in the 2nd half, often more 'ticky-tack' than what was allowed in the 1st half. Marshall starting reserves not in foul trouble allows the team to absorb this without getting starters in foul trouble for the rest of the game.

It has worked great since he started doing it last year.

Comment

He usually doesn't start a player in the second half that has 2 fouls... he mentioned it on a previous post game show.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X