No announcement yet.

WSU @ Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly when did Brown make contact with his head to cause it to snap back like it did? I'm curious if all the times they looked at it to determine if it was a 3 or not, they realized that they totally bought into a flop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
      Exactly when did Brown make contact with his head to cause it to snap back like it did? I'm curious if all the times they looked at it to determine if it was a 3 or not, they realized that they totally bought into a flop.
      Even more amazing is that they spent like 5 minutes deciding if it was a 3. When his toe was on the line ... yet they still gave him 3 shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        I'll be interested in shockfanmas's posts after the game.
        I figured I'd reply to your post directly since you are so interested in my posts.

1. Cox sucks! An absolute joke.

2. For the most part, MVC officiating is beyond horrible. Higgins is the best one there is, bar none. Yes, this team fouls a lot, but not THAT much! I don't even know what's a foul and what isn't a foul in conference play anymore.

3. Can we take a vote on what's worse? MVC officiating or Bruce has an announcer? Seriously, how about getting Shane Dennis and Dave Dahl. One of them can do play by play surely. But.. as long as games are on Cox, we're stuck with Bruce.

4. It's a good thing there isn't a lot of competition in the Valley, this crap of not waking up until late first half/early second half has to stop, and will catch up with us sooner or later.

5. Where would this team be without FVV, Ron, and Conner? Well, we've seen where this team is without FVV, and it wasn't pretty.

6. I fully expect some of the other players to carry on the tradition next season. Markis is a star in the making, Conner will be back, Rashad, Shaq is starting to come to life, I can honestly say I'm more excited about next season and beyond than I was in November.

7. If any of you still think all I do is back officials day in and day out, you really need to get a clue and a life. It gets really f'ing old seeing the smart ass comments from a few certain people (ahem!) Awesome Sauce. It says a lot about a person when you can't let it go and move on, like I have.

8. Is it possible this team could go 18-0 in the Valley? I haven't seen a team yet that poses a major threat. UNI seems to be on the decline, we've already handled SIU and Evansville.

9. If anybody seriously thinks this team won't be dancing in March, you're delusional.

Ok, that's it. Bring on the responses, I'm ready!

Comment

• This feels like a good time to remind everyone that WSU has played 6 D1 home games, and 9 D1 games away from home.

The ceiling is high. Very high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
            Exactly when did Brown make contact with his head to cause it to snap back like it did? I'm curious if all the times they looked at it to determine if it was a 3 or not, they realized that they totally bought into a flop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              I want that flop by Mo State in slow motion SOOOOOO bad. Somebody please make a high res slow motion of that flop. It was EPIC. It made Adam Koch blush.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Wasn't there a rule added this year that allowed a technical to be called for flopping? I have yet to see that called.

Comment

• Zach got a piece of his forearm on the shot, but the rest of that was pure improvisation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Wasn't there a rule added this year that allowed a technical to be called for flopping? I have yet to see that called.
                    Yes, but I believe it can only be enforced when reviewing a play to see if there was a flagrant foul. Essentially, they were trying to eliminate people throwing their heads back and faking getting hit with an elbow in an effort to draw a foul or flagrant foul. Not so much the block/charge, hit on the arm type stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Zach got a piece of his forearm on the shot, but the rest of that was pure improvisation.
                      Yup it was a foul.. But should have been a 2 shot foul, not 3 plus a technical for flopping

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Zach got a piece of his forearm on the shot, but the rest of that was pure improvisation.
                        That's what I saw on the slow motion replay, but Kendrix did definitely sell it. OTOH, I see Fred and Ron do the same thing occasionally when they take contact on a drive or when fighting over a screen. Whether or not his toe was on line was not IMO cut and dried from the angle Cox showed on the replay. If that is all the refs had to go on I could see then letting the original call stand due to a lack of clear and convincing evidence to the contrary.

That said, and irrespective of that particular call, I thought that overall it was a pretty poorly officiated game. Unfortunately, it is not the first and certainly will not be the last game where that will be the case. Part of what separates the good teams from the bad is being able to adapt to whatever officiating shows up and to overcome poor officiating when that occurs.

Comment

• First off, I wouldn't consider that a flop, and yes, the rule is there, a technical can be called for flopping, but that situation isn't even close.

What they are trying to eliminate is the guys that fall down screaming bloody murder when it is obvious to everyone there is no contact or very little contact. In the play above, there is contact, the guy is in the air, gets hit, falls down. No way would you even consider that a technical foul, not even close.

The best example I can give of a flop that would warrant a technical is say... FVV is driving the lane, the defender is setting waiting for a contact, before the contact even occurs the defender is falling to the ground, screaming for the whistle, that kind of play.

I dunno, it's really hard to describe, all I can tell you is the play in question, not even close to a technical, or a flop.

Comment

• A serious question regarding fouling/jumping into defenders. I do not know the answer, hence my question:

When Kendricks makes his jumpshot his launch position is on/behind the 3 point line, his landing zone is on/past the women's 3 point line, which is where contact with Brown is made. Is this an offensive foul for jumping into the defender?

Thank you for any learned responses.

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Doesn't sound like calling a technical for flopping is anything they are emphasizing and that officials will be reluctant to call that except in the most very egregious cases.

Comment

• No flop?

Paused on the head snap, no argument that Brown touched his arm the milisecond earlier, but at the exact moment of his head snap, Brown is actually in a pretty solid defensive position here.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X