No announcement yet.

Cleanthony Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cle grew up in NY. He's from the Bronx. I'm sure what is "ghetto" to people from Wichita, KS is not the same as what someone from the Bronx would think.

Comment

I'm certainly not blaming Cle for what happened. He broke no laws. But he did experience a life changing event.

I've had several life changing things happen to me in my 55 years. I've not been shot.....yet. Every time one of these life changing events happened - even though I wasn't at fault - I ask myself what I could have done differently and every time have (like Doc said) learned a life lesson.

I would guess that everyone has had something bad happen to them. That's what shapes our decisions moving forward. Every day decisions - things that you have a right to do - could turn out bad.

Cle's mom moved him from what she thought was a bad environment to a safer environment.

Whatever the circumstances were, hopefully Cle does figure out how to avoid something like this in the future. Hopefully he realizes that he has a pretty good chunk of change and there are bad people out there that are willing to go to any length to take it from him - including ending his life.

BTW, for anyone that thinks they can go anywhere, anytime, and do anything (legal), and not have anything bad happen to them, there are some really great deals on hotels in Ferguson, MO and East St Louis during the MVC tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        At 4 in the morning at Michelle's Beach House? I'd be more than happy to take that bet.
        I've seen, and numerous friends have run into Ron and Evan at various bars that tend to have a higher than normal "disturbance" rate (rodeo I'm looking at you)

Comment

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. Caveat: If you survive the bad judgment. Cle survived and he is now a more experienced young man.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 31, 2015, 02:20 AM.

Comment

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/923994 Some good news
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Cle. You are a special to our Shocker family and we want you to get well soon and hope you return to the NBA. We are proud of your accomplishments and your well-being is paramount to us. We all express this in different ways but you can know for a fact that God loves you deeply and we here on SN are on your side and want the very best for you both now and forever. What you went through is scary in a world that evil is present. Even so, during this unfortunate happening, the Lord was right there at your side with you to see you through the storm. We are thankful that you are a forever Shocker and that you are okay!!!!!!!
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Did anyone else see the title of this thread and think of this first?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  I've seen, and numerous friends have run into Ron and Evan at various bars that tend to have a higher than normal "disturbance" rate (rodeo I'm looking at you)
                  Uhoh. Hide the Women and Children. We have some ultra rebels who hang out with Gang Bangers. They are headed for life changing events.

Comment

I am well aware of Ron and Evan hanging out at Rodeo, My point in being pissed was about them being at Michelle's beach house at 4:30, because that would be 3 hours after they got kicked out, or at least were supposed to be, so those that think I'm clueless can do a little sarcasm meter check. That's why I made it clear in the next comment I made that I was talking about Michelle's at 4:30..but if you're too smart to read that one...more power to you. I stand by the fact that if our guys were out at Michelle's at 4:30 am during the season, I would be pissed.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                      I am well aware of Ron and Evan hanging out at Rodeo. My point in being pissed was about them being at Michelle's beach house at 4:30, because that would be 3 hours after they got kicked out, or at least were supposed to be, so those that think I'm clueless can do a little sarcasm meter check. That's why I made it clear in the next comment I made that I was talking about Michelle's at 4:30..but if you're too smart to read that one...more power to you. I stand by the fact that if our guys were out at Michelle's at 4:30 am during the season, I would be pissed.
                      Iif I were you, I would probably delete the last part of that first sentence. No need to advertise anything that the NCAA could use against us.
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        "At 4 in the morning at Michelle's Beach House?" I know they go to rodeo. That's why I specified the time and place the second time around. Sorry to confuse you.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          Iif I were you, I would probably delete the last part of that first sentence. No need to advertise anything that the NCAA could use against us.
                          Fixed

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Good ol' fifty cents is gonna help Cle get his stuff back. Glad to hear that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                I don't think anybody would argue with anything you said, except that most of us don't know how NYC works. I think most people here have partied til the Sun came up in one big city or another at some point. Not all, but most probably have.

I know I never did anything like that. Whenever I would meet a young lady I would tell her I had to be in bed early. Most said that was not a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X