No announcement yet.

Cleanthony Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the logic that because someone was a victim their actions aren't questionable is tantamount to putting one's head in the sand.

Why can we not discuss, and thereby learn from the mistakes of others?

I'm sorry for Cle that this happened to him and I hope everyone involved is caught and punished. But there is much wisdom to be gained by looking at all factors which led to the event.

Comment

It is silly to blame the victim for someone else's crimes. However, he was also in the wrong place at the wrong time, and both were well within his control. While being out past 12am or 2am or 8pm is not inherently bad, being in that part of town at that time was a poor choice. Calling an Uber driver was also not smart.

All parties need to take a chill pill and AFK the day away.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Heinro View Post
        I don't understand this thread, and I agree that people saying he was somehow in the wrong or should just hermit himself are being dumb. Just because he is an NBA player doesn't mean he essentially should only be out in public between 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM. That is ridiculous. Nothing about this situation is on Cle. Best wishes to him and a quick recovery.
        We all live in shades of gray as to what is better or worse for us. Our own situations can heighten potential problems that may not as likely exist otherwise or make us feel invulnerable. If you are not aware of that, you are not to blame and it is unfortunate. If you reject that possibility, you are sticking your head in hole. That's not ridiculous, that's life. I wonder if Cle's mom would agree with you about Cle and the situation?

It appears that Cle may be OK. That is wonderful news that I sincerely hope is true.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          It appears that Cle may be OK. That is wonderful news that I sincerely hope is true.
          Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
            This is gonna piss some of you off and thats okay

This could have and has happened to countless others. Could he have been targeted for being an NBA player? Probably but for people to seriously place the blame on Cle for doing what countless others do quite frankly is appaling.
            I was going to be snarky and say that this has never happened to me or anyone that I personally know.

However, I thought better and will simply say that none of us know the facts and we should probably wait until we know more. However, I think that the odds are stronger that he placed himself into a bad situation than just bad luck on his part. Getting hemmed in by three cars, robbed, and then his knee shot (better than being murdered) if factually true, indicate more than meets the eye. I will wait and find out more factual information.
            Last edited by shockmonster; December 30, 2015, 01:26 PM.

Comment

I second that amen.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                Using the logic that because someone was a victim their actions aren't questionable is tantamount to putting one's head in the sand.

I'm sorry for Cle that this happened to him and I hope everyone involved is caught and punished. But there is much wisdom to be gained by looking at all factors which led to the event.
                Well considering that none of us really knows exactly what happened, and likely never will, the wisest among us will either keep their mouths shut entirely or just wish him a speedy recovery.

Comment

I don't think anyone is "blaming" Cle. That's stupid thinking. An illegal act was committed upon him. We are all sadden by this and are grateful his life was not taken and, hopefully, his career. To think that anyone posting here is not truly concerned is unfair as well.

Victims sometimes make choices that can more likely put themselves in harms way whether that harm is legal, illegal, or a higher chance for an accident. We try to make decisions that are not harmful to us. Sometimes we ignore those probabilities, however heightened they may be. Talking about those situations may make someone we care about more likely to think about it first. Not saying anything doesn't help.

Maybe you're speaking of timing as in "this is not the time". Maybe your right, but you probably thought what others posted. A concerned friend or parent will first ask "Are you OK?", but due to emotion and the situation, be followed quickly by "What were you thinking?". Both can be showing concern.

And as others have said, this is a forum for discussions, so one should be prepared for all types of it. Calling them out is your opinion of OK to do. Others, talking about the situation of the incident is OK. Not allowing either is worse.
                  I am not saying people do do not care that this happened to him and are not genuine.

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Grow up
                  Blow me

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

When you can explain how any of his actions were questionable then we can talk. A guy went to a strip club. So what. What the **** did Cleanthony do that was inherently wrong?

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  It is silly to blame the victim for someone else's crimes. However, he was also in the wrong place at the wrong time, and both were well within his control. While being out past 12am or 2am or 8pm is not inherently bad, being in that part of town at that time was a poor choice. Calling an Uber driver was also not smart.

All parties need to take a chill pill and AFK the day away.
                  Again tell me what the **** did he do that was inherently wrong? True we do not know all of the facts. But so far what we do know points to him being set up. At least IMO. Not get all princess bride in here but I dont think you know what being in the wrong place at the wrong time means. Because that is something not in his control. WTF do you mean that part of town? Do you live in Queens? And why is calling Uber not smart.

Again Ill say it if you cant keep it to 'Im sorry for Cle" or "prayers to cle" Then you need to shut the **** up.

Comment

Nice edit ASM.

I was about to suggest if you're gonna meet up, make sure it's not in Queens after 4:00am.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Looks like somebody got his panties on a little too tight today. That or just can't stand the fact that not everybody's thoughts are the same as his. Prayers for Cle to first of all regain 100% health and second off to continue to be able to play the game he loves (or at least did before he was thrown into the dumpster fire that is the Knicks).
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

ASM -- no need to be a complete jerk because not everyone agrees with your opinion. If you don't agree, argue it out, discuss it, whatever ... But no need to just throw zingers. If you can't keep it in check, don't turn the topic into just a pissing contest.

Questioning a pro athlete (who has A LOT to lose) on why he was out at a strip club, past 4am, midweek, etc., is reasonable.
                        Telling that athlete what he can or can not do on his own time, is not reasonable.
                        Cle was doing personal things on HIS own personal time. I have ZERO issue with that, but athletes have to realize they always have targets on their backs. And when you have that target on your back, certain places become more "at risk". Places like clubs, strip clubs, bars, etc.. Doesn't mean athletes need to actively avoid these places, just know when they are at these places, their likelihood of being involved in something they don't want to be in, is increased.

You can be the safest individual in the World, but if you put yourself in certain environments, sometimes ... it's just not good enough.

I'm thankful Cle wasn't seriously hurt & that nothing else popped off. Wish it didn't happen & can only wish for the best 4 Cle. Health related, financially related, career related.
                        Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller View Post
                          ASM -- no need to be a complete jerk because not everyone agrees with your opinion. If you don't agree, argue it out, discuss it, whatever ... But no need to just throw zingers. If you can't keep it in check, don't turn the topic into just a pissing contest.
                          This is the second person that has tried to turn this into a "you're upset because we are not of your opinion" This has nothing to do with my opinion.

I'd be more than happy to list my opinions but my opinions such as your and anyone elses really dont pertain to the fact that Cleanthony Early was shot and he has many well wishes.

Comment

I wonder how we would all feel if we found out Ron, Evan and Fred were hanging out at the bars till closing time, let alone Michelle's Beach House at 4 a.m. Lots of college kids do these things, but somehow we expect more from our local icons. Just throwing it out there for discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              I wonder how we would all feel if we found out Ron, Evan and Fred were hanging out at the bars till closing time, let alone Michelle's Beach House at 4 a.m. Lots of college kids do these things, but somehow we expect more from our local icons. Just throwing it out there for discussion.
                              I'd be pissed if any of our guys were out there at that time of night during the season. That being said, they are not professional athletes, and have a different set of rules to follow.
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                                I'd be pissed if any of our guys were out there at that time of night during the season. That being said, they are not professional athletes, and have a different set of rules to follow.
                                Lol, you better be prepared to be pissed then. I guarantee you that our guys are out late when they have a night off. They are college kids, think about what you did when you were 18-22 years old.

This whole situation was very unfortunate and I'm very glad to hear that Cle is ok. This was a pretty orchestrated crime based upon what happened and hopefully the police can put the pieces together.

Comment

Working...
                                X