Cleanthony Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I shake my head every time i hear about stuff like this. I know young people like to party, but inevitably, bad things happen. strip club + 4 a.m. + queens + nba player + jewelry = big target
    I'm not sure this wouldn't have happened no matter where he went. Sounds like he was targeted. Having 3 cars box in his Uber a mile from the club

Comment

As I was getting ready to head out for work this morning, my wife told me about this, saying that Cle was shot. I braced myself for a split-second, really hoping the words "and killed" were not going to be added. Thankfully, it is a non-life-threatening deal, but still....very, very scary!
      78-65

Comment

Feels like the mob demonstrating why he needs "protection".
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          I'm not sure this wouldn't have happened no matter where he went. Sounds like he was targeted. Having 3 cars box in his Uber a mile from the club
          Respectfully disagree. Part of being "targeted" is the right place at the right time as far as the thugs were concerned.

Comment

He's been released from the hospital, so hopefully the damage to his knee was minimal.

In reading other stories about the incident, it sounds like he went to dinner in Manhattan (SoHo) and then travelled a substantial distance (in NYC terms) to a shady area of Queens. Bad decision. And who takes their girlfriend to a strip club at 1:30 am for three hours?

Comment

Don't take offense shocker nation... But nothing good usually comes after 2am... Pray for his health... But this is bad for his career in the NBA... Again health first... But this is bad

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                He's been released from the hospital, so hopefully the damage to his knee was minimal.

In reading other stories about the incident, it sounds like he went to dinner in Manhattan (SoHo) and then travelled a substantial distance (in NYC terms) to a shady area of Queens. Bad decision. And who takes their girlfriend to a strip club at 1:30 am for three hours?
                Unfortunately, young people with more money than sense and an unquenched thirst for excitement. I hope he's ok and able to return to doing what he loves, and I hope he's learned a life lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  I shake my head every time i hear about stuff like this. I know young people like to party, but inevitably, bad things happen. strip club + 4 a.m. + queens + nba player + jewelry = big target
                  My father taught me two things: 1. nothing good happens after midnight. 2. The best way to avoid bar fights is to stay out of the bars. Looks like Cle needed to talk to my dad. Hope he's ok. BTW, you gotta wonder who tipped off the robbers? Can't believe they randomly used 3 cars to box him in on the "hope" there would be a rich rider...in a Uber.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                    My father taught me two things: 1. nothing good happens after midnight. 2. The best way to avoid bar fights is to stay out of the bars. Looks like Cle needed to talk to my dad. Hope he's ok. BTW, you gotta wonder who tipped off the robbers? Can't believe they randomly used 3 cars to box him in on the "hope" there would be a rich rider...in a Uber.
                    I was thinking the same thing. I suppose someone could have been at the club and knew he was there. Just waited for him to come out and followed him away.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Prayers for a speedy recovery to Cle.
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                        Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        I was thinking the same thing. I suppose someone could have been at the club and knew he was there. Just waited for him to come out and followed him away.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                          Wonder if the Uber driver was in on it somehow? I watch too many detective shows on TV, I guess.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I hope he's learned a life lesson.
                            And I'm glad he didn't learn this by paying with his life!

Comment

This is gonna piss some of you off and thats okay

If you cant keep it to "im sorry to hear" or "prayers for cle" the. Shut the **** up

This could have and has happened to countless others. Could he have been targeted for being an NBA player? Probably but for people to seriously place the blame on Cle for doing what countless others do quite frankly is appaling.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                                This is gonna piss some of you off and thats okay

If you cant keep it to "im sorry to hear" or "prayers for cle" the. Shut the **** up

This could have and has happened to countless others. Could he have been targeted for being an NBA player? Probably but for people to seriously place the blame on Cle for doing what countless others do quite frankly is appaling.
                                Agreed. Also, on the scale from bad neighborhood mugging to Ocean's 11 heist, this robbery included some planning. He got into the Uber and his car was boxed in by three other cars. Maybe it was still a bad area, but it's not like Cle was walking alone in a back alley. (Though, even if he were, that would not justify blaming him for being shot. The robbers acted illegally, not Cle.)

Comment

Working...
                                X