Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
    This is gonna piss some of you off and thats okay

If you cant keep it to "im sorry to hear" or "prayers for cle" the. Shut the **** up

This could have and has happened to countless others. Could he have been targeted for being an NBA player? Probably but for people to seriously place the blame on Cle for doing what countless others do quite frankly is appaling.
    Agreed, I have no use for sanctimony at this point.

Comment

Prayers for Cle to fully heal and have enough sense to not put himself in a bad neighborhood at 4:30 am again

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Good Lord..........he handed over everything he had and THEN they shot him in the knee?
        It's difficult to imagine a thief with scrupples, perhaps the assailants are Brooklyn Nets fans?
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

He's been released from the hospital so it appears he got very lucky and the bullet grazed his knee or it's a flesh wound.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
            perhaps the assailants are Brooklyn Nets fans?
            So you're proposing there ARE Nets fans?

Comment

If you cant keep it to "im sorry to hear" or "prayers for cle" the. Shut the **** up

This could have and has happened to countless others. Could he have been targeted for being an NBA player? Probably but for people to seriously place the blame on Cle for doing what countless others do quite frankly is appaling.
              When you're famous and have money you can't always do the things that "countless others" do unfortunately. I'm sure he's realizing that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                When you're famous and have money you can't always do the things that "countless others" do unfortunately. I'm sure he's realizing that now.
                Shut the **** up

Comment

I don't think anyone is "blaming" Cle. That's stupid thinking. An illegal act was committed upon him. We are all sadden by this and are grateful his life was not taken and, hopefully, his career. To think that anyone posting here is not truly concerned is unfair as well.

Victims sometimes make choices that can more likely put themselves in harms way whether that harm is legal, illegal, or a higher chance for an accident. We try to make decisions that are not harmful to us. Sometimes we ignore those probabilities, however heightened they may be. Talking about those situations may make someone we care about more likely to think about it first. Not saying anything doesn't help.

Maybe you're speaking of timing as in "this is not the time". Maybe your right, but you probably thought what others posted. A concerned friend or parent will first ask "Are you OK?", but due to emotion and the situation, be followed quickly by "What were you thinking?". Both can be showing concern.

And as others have said, this is a forum for discussions, so one should be prepared for all types of it. Calling them out is your opinion of OK to do. Others, talking about the situation of the incident is OK. Not allowing either is worse.

Comment

Not P.O.'d, but I believe that countless others will pay for this lesson with their lives (let alone careers). I don't think it is inappropriate to point out how to avoid this scenario; not "blaming" Cle but pointing out what should've been pretty basic understanding, as mentioned elsewhere: you have to be aware of what can happen when you live like this. He is free, like all of us, to live as he wishes. I'm hoping he changes some behaviors.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Exactly. He wasn't the only one to leave that night in a Uber; but he WAS the one boxed in by 3 cars later.

Comment

Shut the **** up
                        Grow up

Comment

Shut the **** up
                          That's useful...err, unfortunate.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I don't understand this thread, and I agree that people saying he was somehow in the wrong or should just hermit himself are being dumb. Just because he is an NBA player doesn't mean he essentially should only be out in public between 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM. That is ridiculous. Nothing about this situation is on Cle. Best wishes to him and a quick recovery.

Comment

Get better Cle! The NBA needs you!
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                                I don't understand this thread, and I agree that people saying he was somehow in the wrong or should just hermit himself are being dumb. Just because he is an NBA player doesn't mean he essentially should only be out in public between 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM. That is ridiculous. Nothing about this situation is on Cle. Best wishes to him and a quick recovery.
                                I don't have the stats, but I'm guessing your odds of getting robbed go up dramatically if a) you're at a strip club and b) you're out at 4 am and c) you are an NBA player (or any other pro athlete, for that matter). Put em all together and...well, you can't be surprised. This isn't "on Cle"; he wasn't "in the wrong" and he can be out as late as he wants, but I hope he and others figure out the above odds quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X