Morris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    I have no idea at Shaq's personality, or how he responds to criticism and motivation, but I'm wondering if Shaq needs a little pat on the back and a hug now and again.
    This. Hopefully GM understands that players need to be handled on an individual basis. With his success, I'm assuming that he does, but... Some players respond to criticism by working harder; some just turn off. It does seem that most teams have one player who gets in the dog house and can't seem to do anything to please, and right now that seems to be Shaq. We really need him so I hope the two of them sort it out.
    "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      I think that this is where Gregg thinks that each player needs to show that they know the plays and are ready to play the game and Shaq isn't giving it to him. I think that Gregg wins this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRJiAWmxlUk
      Since that link is 3+ years old, I'm not sure your opinion counts for much. Are you sitting in the locker room? Have you heard their discussions?

Comment

There are a few guys on the team that must be feeling their scholarships are on the line. I believe Shaq is one of them. I hate to see it but that is the reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
          This. Hopefully GM understands that players need to be handled on an individual basis. With his success, I'm assuming that he does, but... Some players respond to criticism by working harder; some just turn off. It does seem that most teams have one player who gets in the dog house and can't seem to do anything to please, and right now that seems to be Shaq. We really need him so I hope the two of them sort it out.
          Very true.. For example, in high school, I played football, but was not good at it, and basically only got in for garbage time. I'm used to being naturally good at a decent number of things (academic things mostly), and I'm kind of a perfectionist, so getting into that situation was extremely discouraging to me. It would make sense that Shaq could have the same issue.. He's used to being a naturally dominant basketball player, comes here, faces some adversity, is now having to compete for playing time, so he gets discouraged.

Comment

Third and fourth chances are hard to get

Comment

[QUOTE=shoxrox89;604431]i think this tweet pretty much sums up what shaqs mental state is right now he has no self confidence in himself and lacks motivation, it shows in his game play hence we get screwed from his under performance. i hate to come down on him cause he really is a good guy but he needs to step his **** up all the way.[/QUOTE

this also shows a little about him i think in the fact that this tweet is from friday. Hes playing the poor me card. everyone else in shocker nation is worried about grady's condition at the time and all hes worried about is himself. definitely not a good time for this tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                Since that link is 3+ years old, I'm not sure your opinion counts for much. Are you sitting in the locker room? Have you heard their discussions?
                I have heard that Gregg is not happy with his practice performance. I have personally heard Gregg say that he holds players accountable everyday. I'm sure that Gregg has tried backing off but accountability is non-negotiable.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  I have heard that Gregg is not happy with his practice performance. I have personally heard Gregg say that he holds players accountable everyday. I'm sure that Gregg has tried backing off but accountability is non-negotiable.
                  I definitely understand that. He seems to revert to 'loaf mode' a little too much. I've seen it in games. I really like Shaq, but I'm betting there's a good chance he's gone once the season is over.

Comment

[QUOTE=fuball7;604900]
                    Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                    i think this tweet pretty much sums up what shaqs mental state is right now he has no self confidence in himself and lacks motivation, it shows in his game play hence we get screwed from his under performance. i hate to come down on him cause he really is a good guy but he needs to step his **** up all the way.[/QUOTE

this also shows a little about him i think in the fact that this tweet is from friday. Hes playing the poor me card. everyone else in shocker nation is worried about grady's condition at the time and all hes worried about is himself. definitely not a good time for this tweet.
                    I went back through the thread and did not see the tweet. Please provide a link or the tweet so I can see. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post

I went back through the thread and did not see the tweet. Please provide a link or the tweet so I can see. Thanks!
                      I believe it was this one, at 3:25 PM on Friday.

Shaquille Morris ‏@Shaq_Morris Nov 27
                      I have so many people that see the best in me....and believe in me...more than I do myself. 
                      It was preceded by:

Shaquille Morris ‏@Shaq_Morris Nov 27
                      Praying for Anton.

Comment

I think the kid really does have some serious self-doubt issues. I hope he can get them sorted, because he could be a beast in the Valley, but also because nothing worth doing in his future is going to be easy. He needs to get his mind right sooner rather than later for himself as much as for his team.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                          ^^^^^^

Comment

Some people need a kick in the pants for motivation, some people need a pat on the back. It seems like Morris fits more into the latter category. The tweet wasn't the first thing I've seen that makes me think he has some chronic and sometimes debilitating self-esteem issues.

Hope he figures it out soon. He certainly has the talent and the ability to be a force in the paint.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                              Some people need a kick in the pants for motivation, ...
                              This is totally the technique I was using on @_kai_: this morning when Shockernet was down. I found him cowering in the corner sucking his thumb and crying out to the sky above "WHY ME?!?!!". So I told him to adjust his bra strap, get in the game, and play like a big-bootied girl with missing teeth and hair curlers at the Walmart on a Black Friday. Next thing you know, it was fixed. THAT's how we need Shaq to play!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                This is totally the technique I was using on @_kai_ this morning when Shockernet was down. I found him cowering in the corner sucking his thumb and crying out to the sky above "WHY ME?!?!!". So I told him to adjust his bra strap, get in the game, and play like a big-bootied girl with missing teeth and hair curlers at the Walmart on a Black Friday. Next thing you know, it was fixed. THAT's how we need Shaq to play!
                                Me IRL

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X