Morris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    Marshall's first year in 2007, he goes to watch a recruit that committed under Turgeon, Guy Alang-Ntang was his name. Guy planned to honor his commitment to WSU even though he committed under Turgeon. Gregg's in the stands for the pick up game and Guy collapses on the court and passed away. Story: http://espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2840755

DJ Bowles a recruit who made it to Wichita State, who is still here, fyi, collapsed in practice and the staff had to use the paddles to bring him back to life. He is no longer cleared for sports activity. Story: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...-wichita-state

The third player to collapse for Gregg is Anton Grady with his spinal concussion and temporary paralysis.
    Albeit prior to coming to WSU, Carl Hall had issues. Who knows if there was a thought in the back of his mind about him also for 2 years.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      Albeit prior to coming to WSU, Carl Hall had issues. Who knows if there was a thought in the back of his mind about him also for 2 years.
      Dang. I didn't even think about Carl's health issues prior to WSU.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        Marshall's first year in 2007, he goes to watch a recruit that committed under Turgeon, Guy Alang-Ntang was his name. Guy planned to honor his commitment to WSU even though he committed under Turgeon. Gregg's in the stands for the pick up game and Guy collapses on the court and passed away. Story: http://espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2840755

DJ Bowles a recruit who made it to Wichita State, who is still here, fyi, collapsed in practice and the staff had to use the paddles to bring him back to life. He is no longer cleared for sports activity. Story: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...-wichita-state

The third player to collapse for Gregg is Anton Grady with his spinal concussion and temporary paralysis.
        Was Marshall coach when Reggie Chamberlain took a hit and ems took him off the court at Koch ? I also remember in the valley tournament a Bradley player was knocked unconscious and was taking off court on a stretcher vs us. Think he hit his head on J Howard's knee.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post

Everytime there is a Shaq "effort" issue, this scene comes to mind
          This scene comes to my mind:

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Remember when Guy passed, Gregg had just taken the job and also lost a family member (his grandmother I think) that same week.

He was questioning a lot of things going on at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Remember when Guy passed, Gregg had just taken the job and also lost a family member (his grandmother I think) that same week.

He was questioning a lot of things going on at that point.
              I also believe a former player (at Winthrop) who both him and his family were really close to, died in a car crash a month later.

Comment

bill_murray-stripes1981-1325.jpg
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

john-candy-stripes-4.jpg
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

bill_murray-stripes1981-1170.jpg

Comment

• Thanks all, I had forgotten about DJ's situation and didn't know about Guy. Experiences like that would weigh on you for sure!
                      "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3144[/ATTACH]
                        He swallowed a lot of aggression.

Along with a lot of pizzas.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
                          Was Marshall coach when Reggie Chamberlain took a hit and ems took him off the court at Koch ? I also remember in the valley tournament a Bradley player was knocked unconscious and was taking off court on a stretcher vs us. Think he hit his head on J Howard's knee.
                          Yep, I believe that was Reggie's last game as a Shocker, in the CBI vs. Stanford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                            Video wouldn't load for me on several tries.
                            Video does not seem to auto play .. had to hit the "play" button and it worked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                              Yep, I believe that was Reggie's last game as a Shocker, in the CBI vs. Stanford.
                              Correct that it was his last game played, but it was against Buffalo in the CBI. We lost to Stanford without him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                                One of his former players at Winthrop also passed away in 2007, iirc.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X